Oak Ridge High School

eagles16

if anybody out there thinks that coach stevens the head coach at oak ridge high school should be fired please post it?.?.?. my personal opinion is that he has made one too many mistakes in his behavior at oak ridge and he has ruined oak ridge tradition. So if anybody there agrees please explicate.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 2005 he got into a fight with a players dad on the field after a game and he get a full repremand for that and this past season he shoved a visiting teams coach and he also got a full repremand for that too and he is the first coach in our football history that has had reoccuring problems like that

Bud it was an asst. from Clinton, it happened after the game. And none of the administration has any backbone or he would have already been gone. He doesn't teach any classes, guess Oak Ridge schools have more money in the budget than we all thought. Pretty good deal being a head coach and not having to teach any classes. To his credit he does baby-sit with some alternative students a few minutes a day. The team is always fighting among themselves(literally). and alot quit the team this year, I heard there were less than 50 on the varsity at the end of the year. Looks like alot on the field but we dress the JV's on game nite.

Must be something wrong in the Atomic City but what do I know? I'd like to say I don't care but that's just the problem I really do care a lot!

yea oak ridge football tradition has fell the nothing now he isnt even teaching at the school he is supposed to be teaching at the local alternative school but does he actually go?? No!!! he just goes whenever he wants to. there had been mutiple fights in the locker room this past season amongst the team. so the only thing that needs to be done is get him out of there but the administration doesnt have any they are scared of him

I don't know if he is in trouble or not, but I have heard from a couple of different people close to the situation that this is Coach Steven's tenure year and that the Oak Ridge school system's history is to not tenure a teacher who has a written reprimand in his/her file. Coach Stevens was issued a written reprimand for the incident that happened after the Clinton game, as was widely reported by area media. Again it is my understanding that teachers who are eligible for tenure but not granted tenure are not retained.

Again, I don't know anything one way or another, but that is what I have been told by a couple of people very close to the Oak Ridge program and school system.

i think the thread needs to closed coach stevens is a good coach

Why close the thread? Nothing here is inaccurate. The incident with the Clinton students and assistant coach was detailed in the local media, as was his written reprimand. I've seen nothing posted that is out of line.

The team lacks discipline (not all of the boys, but enough to make a difference) on and off the field, and as been this way since Stevens took over. This is not earth shattering news, anybody around the program will tell you the same thing. I fully supported this hire, but, now I am having my doubts. I have NO CONFIDENCE in our school board or school "super", in this matter or any other concerns. Can anyone tell me of ONE current school board member that has the least bit of concern for our football program as a whole, it's coach, it's facilities (don't even get me started on the lack of support for Blankinship Field) etc..etc.... The only press about our school board has been negative press of late, I don't see things changing.

This is true. They don't tenure teachers with a written reprimand in their file at OR. They also have stopped delaying the decision by invoking probation at OR. Therefore you would have to assume that Steven's stay is over based on the past history of these policies. If this past precedent is changed then you would have to conclude that Stevens may have pictures of Green, Bailey and Carringer with Bubba Scarbrough.

I read posts on here about what a great coach and what a great job Stevens is doing. I ask one question...or two...How is Gattis doing at Henry County and Rankin at Alcoa over the same period compared to Stevens?

Ole Dad

I don't know if he is in trouble or not, but I have heard from a couple of different people close to the situation that this is Coach Steven's tenure year and that the Oak Ridge school system's history is to not tenure a teacher who has a written reprimand in his/her file. Coach Stevens was issued a written reprimand for the incident that happened after the Clinton game, as was widely reported by area media. Again it is my understanding that teachers who are eligible for tenure but not granted tenure are not retained.

Again, I don't know anything one way or another, but that is what I have been told by a couple of people very close to the Oak Ridge program and school system.