Oak Ridge High School

eagles16

i think the thread needs to closed coach stevens is a good coach

You have got to be retarded..stevens is a terrible coach. take a look at history. Back when Oak Ridge had a tradition, when lussier was around Oak Ridge was always in the sub state game. Now with Stevens, we r lucky to make it to the playoffs? stevens did have one decent year...Spencer Gulmire's senior year, but anyone could have stuck those kids with that talent out on the field and won...a REAL coach wouldve figured out hey...they know we are going to give the ball to Spencer..and won the game. He does this again and again, Farragut game this year was the same.

As for Stevens, ive heard from inside sources he is gone after this year. And its for a reason many people dont see. He does have a job at the alternative school or working with in school suspension but he doesnt show up for work....to add the Clinton incident on top.

I watched the two-a-days and Stevens didnt even show up the first half of the day (Defensive Practice) and showed up to watch his offense...and then the only thing he did was run the team...My advice, Stevens go coach track because you arent a football coach.

Stevens is a joke!

Signed,

An Oak Ridge Football Fan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If OR does not pull the trigger now, welcome to middle of the pack!!! Too many supporters, and I mean supporters with their dollars are pulling out. When you hit someone in the pocketbook they better listen. If they don't then you get what you deserve and wish for. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If OR does not pull the trigger now, welcome to middle of the pack!!! Too many supporters, and I mean supporters with their dollars are pulling out. When you hit someone in the pocketbook they better listen. If they don't then you get what you deserve and wish for. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Below is a comparison of all the coaches at Oak Ridge. I can tell you that the numbers don't lie. These are not just upset fans, the only time we have been worse in the Win-Loss percentage is the 1940's. There are problems in the system, that is a given. It takes a certain type of coach to keep a program like Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Kingsport, etc. in check. I don't think Mr. Stevens is that coach. A change needs to be made and it needs to be made for the right reasons. We need a coach that is able to "right the ship" and be able to manage the program and its demands. Take a good, hard look at our history below, it does not reflect mediocrity. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ben Martin 1943-1947 (23-18-1) (60%)

Buist Warren 1948-1951 (30-10-2) (73.8%)

John Francis 1952-1954 (24-3-3) (85%)

Jack Armstrong 1955-1968 (105-28-5) (77.9%)

Emory Hale 1969-1980 (112-23) (83.0%)

Bill Young 1981-1987 (57-21) (73.1%)

Joe Gaddis 1988-1998 (119-24) (83.2%)

Bruce Lussier 1999-2004 (62-14) (81.6%)

Stanton Stevens 2005- (26-10) (72.2%)

Totals 1943-Present 558-151-11 (78.26%)

This is deceiving. If you were to take away the 14-1 record for the State Championship team Stevens inherited from Coach Lussier that he managed to turn into the state runner-up, and look at the last 2 seasons when he implemented "his program" the record is actually a whopping 12-9 or a winning percentage of 57%. Now that tells it like it is.

Like I said earlier, all you get at OR now are excuses. "Rebuilding, new system, no athletes, etc. etc. etc." How the heck is Rankin able to do it at Alcoa, Gaddis at Henry County, even Lussier took a team that had only won 3 games in the 3 years before his arrival and won 9 games this season. I'm only glad we didn't have to play MBA or it could have been the first time in history OR lost by 100 points.

Ole Dad

Below is a comparison of all the coaches at Oak Ridge. I can tell you that the numbers don't lie. These are not just upset fans, the only time we have been worse in the Win-Loss percentage is the 1940's. There are problems in the system, that is a given. It takes a certain type of coach to keep a program like Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Kingsport, etc. in check. I don't think Mr. Stevens is that coach. A change needs to be made and it needs to be made for the right reasons. We need a coach that is able to "right the ship" and be able to manage the program and its demands. Take a good, hard look at our history below, it does not reflect mediocrity. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ben Martin 1943-1947 (23-18-1) (60%)

Buist Warren 1948-1951 (30-10-2) (73.8%)

John Francis 1952-1954 (24-3-3) (85%)

Jack Armstrong 1955-1968 (105-28-5) (77.9%)

Emory Hale 1969-1980 (112-23) (83.0%)

Bill Young 1981-1987 (57-21) (73.1%)

Joe Gaddis 1988-1998 (119-24) (83.2%)

Bruce Lussier 1999-2004 (62-14) (81.6%)

Stanton Stevens 2005- (26-10) (72.2%)

Totals 1943-Present 558-151-11 (78.26%)

Clinton is smarter than that. You would think that since Green is back that he would be held responsible for the screwed up hiring decison since he overturned the selection committee twice in order to hire Stevens.....but, heck...what do you expect from the Asst Superintendant of Schools whose own children are "HOME SCHOOLED".

Ole Dad

I have a better idea Opie, I hear you all need a new coach soooo you take him and let him guard your field. He might even try to coach a little!