Ranking of the teams in the Blue Cross Bowl

A49304930B

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Maryville - /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

2. Smyrna - 2nd best team in the state for the second year in a row.

3. Alcoa - Can play with anyone ... except Maryville

4. Maplewood - Impressive in loss !

5. S. Pittsburg - Probably would have been playing against Alcoa if they were in 2A.

6. David Lipscomb - Glad that finally got one against Fulton.

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?

10. ?

Just my opinion .....

2. Smyrna - 2nd best team in the state for the second year in a row.

Just my opinion .....

I would assume this opinion is based on DI teams only, because a 3-loss team that lost to a DII-AA team that lost twice to an undefeated DII-AA champion is going to be a hard sell for second best team in the state across all classifications.

The Alcoa coaches thought we could play with them...their opinion carries more weight than most. Did you watch all the games??

Yes, I did watch all the games this weekend. South Pittsburg played a great game and totally dominated an overmatched McKenzie team. Your team speed was impressive. But I think the only other team you guys could possibly beat up there was GP. When you look at the losers of 3A, 4A & 5A they just have too much size, speed and depth. For Alcoa coaches to make that comment was nothing but lip service in my opinion. Congrats on a great year and good luck in 2008.

1. Smyrna

2. Maryville

3. Alcoa

4. Independence

5. Maplewood

6. Goodpasture

7. David Lipscomb

8. Fulton

9. S. Pitt

10. McKenzie

I've seen Indy and Maplewood play this year and Indy is much better. If Maplewood has any depth, they could have easily beaten Maryville.

Concerning the entire state I would say:

1. MBA

2. Smyrna

3. BA

4. Maryville

5. Alcoa

BA beat Smyrna 17-13 earlier in the year but that was without Sonny Gray for the entire second half.

Yes, I did watch all the games this weekend. South Pittsburg played a great game and totally dominated an overmatched McKenzie team. Your team speed was impressive. But I think the only other team you guys could possibly beat up there was GP. When you look at the losers of 3A, 4A & 5A they just have too much size, speed and depth. For Alcoa coaches to make that comment was nothing but lip service in my opinion. Congrats on a great year and good luck in 2008.

It wasn't lip service. The Alcoa coaches made the comment to a MTSU official who told me. We just happened to be in the elevator with the MTSU official or we would have never heard it. SP could play with any of them except Maryville, Maplewood, Smyrna. Us and Alcoa would be a good game but I don't think we would win in the end. Independence would be tough just because of their depth..our starter could play with their starters. The other 3, which are the 3A and 2A teams we could play with and beat.

BA beat Smyrna 17-13 earlier in the year but that was without Sonny Gray for the entire second half.

Yes...and why was he out? And how many yards did he throw for while he was in?

Watched all the games except 1A, and the best team playing yesterday was Smyrna. I think Maryville could maybe give them a game, but Smyrna has the better athletes. My top 5 overall:

1) MBA

2) BA

3) Smyrna

4) Maryville

5) Alcoa

It's all theoretical, of course. All these teams are very good.

Yes...and why was he out? And how many yards did he throw for while he was in?

Watched all the games except 1A, and the best team playing yesterday was Smyrna. I think Maryville could maybe give them a game, but Smyrna has the better athletes. My top 5 overall:

1) MBA

2) BA

3) Smyrna

4) Maryville

5) Alcoa

It's all theoretical, of course. All these teams are very good.

Boy , Maryville's winning pct. is terrible in these imaginary games ..... guess that's the chink in the armor !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think the only teams that could beat South Pitt in the Blue Cross Bowl were Maryville, Smyrna, Maplewood, and Alcoa. The others, South Pitt could play with and beat. No doubt in my mind.

You have a right to be proud of your team, they had a great season and won the championship, but be realistic. SP only beat Tyner 26-21 at home. DCA blew Tyner out and DCA could not have beat any of the top 7 in the finals.

Boy , Maryville's winning pct. is terrible in these imaginary games ..... guess that's the chink in the armor !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow, if only they could only play maryville in their imagination.

1. Maryville (GQ .)

2. Smyrna

3. Alcoa (Smyrna depth is the difference, alhtough anything could happen)

4. Maplewood

5. Independence

6. David Lipscomb

7. Fulton

8. South Pitt

9. Goodpasture

10. Mckenzie

Whether the coach waas honest or paying lip service my opinion is South pitt should be proud of what they did, but they could not hang with Alcoa. I did not see Smyrna but I gave them the nod over Alcoa due to size and margin of victory. Hard to avoid my Alcoa bias though.

It wasn't lip service. The Alcoa coaches made the comment to a MTSU official who told me. We just happened to be in the elevator with the MTSU official or we would have never heard it. SP could play with any of them except Maryville, Maplewood, Smyrna. Us and Alcoa would be a good game but I don't think we would win in the end. Independence would be tough just because of their depth..our starter could play with their starters. The other 3, which are the 3A and 2A teams we could play with and beat.

C'mon, GET REAL! You were the class of 1A - REPEAT 1A! You beat Tyner 26-21 AT HOME. Tyner was literally blown out by DCA. Alcoa destroyed DCA. And you would give Alcoa a good game, and beat Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Fulton, Independance?

1.) Maryville: 60 STRAIGHT & 4 TITLES IN A ROW IS UNBELIEVABLE

2.) Smyrna: Back-to-Back titles in 5A is impressive but it's not 4 IN A ROW

Maryville is awesome to win 4 in a row in 4A, but this thread is not about results against others in your class, it is about ranking the teams regardless of class. No would would know if Maryville could win 4 in a row in 5A, but IMO, they couldn't. IMO, there's no way they win 60 in a row playing 5A teams.

And in terms of team strength, a team that wins 2 straight 5A titles is a better team than one that wins 4 4A titles.

Of course, we will never know - this is all just opinions.