Can Station Camp Upset Gallatin?

kyskywalker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will it take for SC to pull of an upset against the Green Wave?

I watch Gallatin Play portland. and ive seen sc play. i dont think it will be an upset if sc wins. It depends what sc comes to play. Jenkins will have his points but will the other players step it up on offence terrell has been disappointing this year. i also thought #50 would do more scoring. someone need to get them going. is brown on the team or what? Sc in a close one 55-48

Station Camp has only beat one solid team this year. They don't play as a team and the entire offense is centered around Jenkins. I am not sure if they run an offense other than get the ball to Jenkins. If SC was in a tougher district they would be an average team possibly losing as many as they win. If you disagree look at the resume of the teams that they have beaten and who has beaten them. It appears that they will be significantly better than everyone in district 8AA with the exception of WH. This district is down compared to teams of the last several years. They won't make it out of the region as a one man show.

I have to give Gallatin the edge even on the SC home floor. Both teams are athletic. Gallatin will dominate in the paint with Malone and Newbell. As good as Jenkins is on offense he doesn't play alot of D. He will not be able to stop Malone or Newbell. I expect them to have great games.

How many shots will Jenkins have to take to get his 30? It won't come easy in this game. The defensive pressure will be extreme and easy buckets inside against 5' 10 players will not be available against the Green Wave.

I would also give the coaching edge to the Luna. I would say having him on the bench is worth at least 6-10 points. His substitutions make sense and he always has players on the floor that are an offensive threat to score. SC at times doesn't have anyone on the floor that can score. The strength of schedule will make a difference as well. Gallatin is used to playing against very athletic teams. SC has played against teams lacking talent.

Gallatin 67 SC 58

Station Camp has only beat one solid team this year. They don't play as a team and the entire offense is centered around Jenkins. I am not sure if they run an offense other than get the ball to Jenkins. If SC was in a tougher district they would be an average team possibly losing as many as they win. If you disagree look at the resume of the teams that they have beaten and who has beaten them. It appears that they will be significantly better than everyone in district 8AA with the exception of WH. This district is down compared to teams of the last several years. They won't make it out of the region as a one man show.

I have to give Gallatin the edge even on the SC home floor. Both teams are athletic. Gallatin will dominate in the paint with Malone and Newbell. As good as Jenkins is on offense he doesn't play alot of D. He will not be able to stop Malone or Newbell. I expect them to have great games.

How many shots will Jenkins have to take to get his 30? It won't come easy in this game. The defensive pressure will be extreme and easy buckets inside against 5' 10 players will not be available against the Green Wave.

I would also give the coaching edge to the Luna. I would say having him on the bench is worth at least 6-10 points. His substitutions make sense and he always has players on the floor that are an offensive threat to score. SC at times doesn't have anyone on the floor that can score. The strength of schedule will make a difference as well. Gallatin is used to playing against very athletic teams. SC has played against teams lacking talent.

Gallatin 67 SC 58

STATION CAMP WILL BEAT BEECH NEXT TIME. OUT OF 110 TEAMS IN AA. I WOULD SAY STATION CAMP IS IN THE TOP 20.

Gallatin 67 SC 58

Luna's substitution patterns make sense to you?? How much film have you been watching with him to know the answer to that statement. SC a one man show on offense? Great analysis considering Jenkins is one of the best players in the state and in the Nation and he is only a JUNIOR. I guess SC needs to keep the ball away from him and get everyone involved considering Jenkins is such a one person threat. The Bison play hard and they will pull together. They may or may not win the game but they will have a good showing. Good Luck Bison .

Luna's substitution patterns make sense to you?? How much film have you been watching with him to know the answer to that statement. SC a one man show on offense? Great analysis considering Jenkins is one of the best players in the state and in the Nation and he is only a JUNIOR. I guess SC needs to keep the ball away from him and get everyone involved considering Jenkins is such a one person threat. The Bison play hard and they will pull together. They may or may not win the game but they will have a good showing. Good Luck Bison .

One person will not beat 5. When one player is accounting for 45% of the scoring those teams aren't as successful when playing against solid competition. I don't need film to understand substitution patterns. If you know b-ball understanding substitutions, players skills both strengths and weaknesses are visual within games. Luna gets alot out of his team and the will play tenacious defense.

Teams win not one man shows. This was evident is the SC run late last year. I have talked to coaches that said SC was better and more difficult to defense when Jenkins was out. It isn't all that hard to plan a defense around one player. If more players are contributing it is much more difficult to defend. Ask any coach. I am not saying Jenkins shouldn't get plenty of shots. The few games I have seen he could get other players involved. You have to wonder about what is important if your team is up by 20 and the star is still launching 3's. As far as the Bison playing hard they didn't appear to want the Lipscomb game as much as the competition. The were out hustled for most of that game and beaten by a team playing as a team.

Thanks for your comments

See, I disagree. I have seen Jenkins play probably about ten times. To me, he seems way more concerned about getting his points than about winning. In the Lipscomb game, I kept waiting for him to take the game over and it just never happened. I just don't see the will to win on the defensive end. I think Gallatin will win by ten or so.

See, I disagree. I have seen Jenkins play probably about ten times. To me, he seems way more concerned about getting his points than about winning. In the Lipscomb game, I kept waiting for him to take the game over and it just never happened. I just don't see the will to win on the defensive end. I think Gallatin will win by ten or so.

It seems to me like everyone expects Jenkins to score 30 every time out on the floor or he is not the PLAYER he should be. Its hard sometimes to score that many when you are being double teamed most nights. The Bison supporting cast need to step it up and stop being "jealous" of Jenkins' ability and enjoy him. He will only be around so long and ability like he has it not so spread around. Look at Portland since Brewer is gone. Any way, Good Luck Bison and Beat the Wave!!