Tradition Gone Down the Drain...

ORcat14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have escaped to the Bounder Mobile and looked for a football game.

LOL

Merry Christmas,

Ole Dad

Merry Christmas Dad and pass the turkey! And a double Jack and 7!!! Boy what a day 3 grandboys under 10, 3 grandgirls age 20,18 and15 and 1 greatgrandboy 3months and their folks all in my house at the same time. And of course Becky the Bookie and the 2 dogs. Love my family but man I sure am glad they finally went home.

Boy you all got my number. Tnbreakers if you are still in Hotlanta go by The Varsity and have a chili dog,fries, orange drink and a peach fried pie and think of me. Hot dam here I am!!!! Now that's Christmas dinner!

As for a football game I'd have to go someplace cause there sure haven't many here lately, at least worth watching.

Some people just don't understand "why" people are complaining about Coach Stevens. It's not about having a 8-3 record, or even losing in the first round of the playoffs. It's about the things that Stevens has done off the field. It's about the players getting into fights on the bus on the way to a game. It's about the assistant coaches that who leave after each season and can't work together as a team. It's about cussing out fans of other teams and coaches of other teams and I could go on and on. What we have now is a football program in disarray and it's time for a change, it's as simple as that.

I would like to congratulate the seniors on this 2007 football team for giving a great effort and playing their hearts out. And I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

1979,80 State Champions, rated No. 3 in the nation. We don't live in the past, but we are very proud of it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would like to ,know if there is any truth .to some players tranferring. I also heard that Coffey kid may be inelgible next year.

Gaddis was a good coach who chocked every year in the play-offs against either DB or Riverdale. The way I see it & OR is a good program but you guys just wish that you could live in the past. Face it you are not Maryville & you will never be unless you start recruiting like they do!

Losing to Riverdale wasn't choking. I was at all of those games. Riverdale had many great teams coming from a school that has 1 1/2 to 2 times the student population to pull talent from.

Losing to Riverdale wasn't choking. I was at all of those games. Riverdale had many great teams coming from a school that has 1 1/2 to 2 times the student population to pull talent from.

Thing is even though they may have lost to R'dale they were in the game right up to the final whistle. To me they were some of the roughest games R'dale had. In fact the punishment R'dale took in those games cost them the Gold ball a couple of years as we had so many key players hurt in them we were NOT ready for the next weeks game.

I disagree that R'dale's student population is that much bigger than Oak Ridges though.

Are you suggesting that Tennessee High School Football is on par with Florida? If you are, just give me half of whatever you're smoking. The 2B state Champion would dust any team in Tennessee. No need to bring in the Big Guns of 6A with Miami Northwestern or Booker T.

Ole Dad

Maybe you could get a coach from Florida...... apparently everything's better down there ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you suggesting that Tennessee High School Football is on par with Florida? If you are, just give me half of whatever you're smoking. The 2B state Champion would dust any team in Tennessee. No need to bring in the Big Guns of 6A with Miami Northwestern or Booker T.

Ole Dad

Why do you even bother posting on a board dedicated to such awful football ? Geez , I'd rather listen to you whine about your coach than constantly have to hear how Superior everything in Florida is .....

I post as a service to the other posters on here who get tired of guys like you who maintain their existence by attacking other posters on CoachT. It doesn't bother me listening to your hollow banter as I think it's funny that you avoid the facts and go on the attack whenever the posts reveal your misinformation and bravado. Guys like you are the reason most fans have such a dislike for Maryville. Keep posting, I love it.

Ole Dad

Why do you even bother posting on a board dedicated to such awful football ? Geez , I'd rather listen to you whine about your coach than constantly have to hear how Superior everything in Florida is .....