2-3A versus 5-3A

Solomon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION ON THIS & EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THEIR OPINIONS RESPECTED SO ANY BASHING OF ANY KIND SHOULD RESULT IN COACHT SUSPENSION!!!!!

Is that a fair request for anyone & everyone???????????????????

My vote goes for Region 5-3A /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REGION 5-3A SINCE THE NEW REGIONS WERE FORMED PRIOR TO THE 2005 SEASON

David Lipscomb has been the best overall team in Class 3A since these regions were put in place prior to the 2005 season. The Mustangs have gone 13-2, 13-2, & 14-1 and have a state title to boot. It is the best overall record in 3A during that run and it's also the only team to go to the Boro all three years.

Looking around the remainder of the region you'll see that 5 OTHER TEAMS have gone to the playoffs and won playoff games in that same span of time. In 2005 Creek Wood beat Jackson South Side & Cheatham Co. beat Liberty Tech. In 2006 Giles Co. beat Bolivar Central & Jackson South Side and Spring Hill beat Lexington. In 2007 Marshall Co. beat Jackson South Side.

Cheatham Co. in 2005, Spring Hill & Giles Co. in 2006, & Marshall Co. in 2007 lost in the playoffs to David Lipscomb. THAT'S JUST A CASE OF A REGION 5 TEAM BEATING OTHER REGION 5 TEAMS THAT WHIPPED UP ON REGION 6 TEAMS!!!!

David Lipscomb has been in the postseason for all three years.

Cheatham Co. has been in the postseason for all three years.

Giles Co. has been in the postseason for two of the three years.

Marshall Co. has been in the postseason for two of the three years.

Spring Hill has been in the postseason.

Creek Wood has been in the postseason.

THE LAST THREE YEARS IS ALL THAT MATTERS BECAUSE THE REGIONS LOOKED TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRIOR TO 2005.

When you look at Region 2-3A you have Fulton who has won 3 state titles. Since the new regions were formed though the Falcons have only won a total of 1 STATE TITLE. The state titles in 2003 & 2004 are irrelevant to this discussion because Region 5 was completely different back in that day. The same goes for Austin East and their state title in 2001. SO..............................................

If we are counting prior state titles before the year 2005 then you'll see that David Lipscomb has titles in 1994 & 2002, Spring Hill has a state title in 1986, & Marshall Co. has a state title in 1984.

REGION 2-3A SINCE THE NEW REGIONS WERE FORMED PRIOR TO THE 2005 SEASON

Fulton has been to the second round of the playoffs, won a state title, and lost a state title.

Austin East has been to the second round of the playoffs twice and to the quarterfinals once.

Knoxville Catholic has been to the second round of the playoffs and to the quarterfinals twice.

Livingston Academy has a state title and after that they are 2-18 over the last two seasons.

Kingston has been to the playoffs but they don't have a win.

Anderson Co. has been to the playoffs once and they have one trip to the second round.

RESULTS

Anderson Co. has 1 PLAYOFF WIN IN 3 YEARS OFF OF 1 TRIP TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! That makes them no different that Creek Wood or Spring Hill. Kingston has been to the playoffs once and they HAVE 0 PLAYOFF WINS in that span of time. That makes Kingston worse that Creek Wood & Spring Hill in terms of playoff success.

Region 5 holds a 2-1 advantage right there on teams that have 1 PLAYOFF WIN OFF OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS 1 TIME OUT OF 3 YEARS if my count is correct. Creek Wood & Spring Hill represent Region 5 while Anderson Co. represents Region 2. Kingston is eliminated.

Austin East has been to the playoffs all three years as has Knoxville Catholic. AE has three playoff wins in that span of time while Catholic has five playoff wins in that period of time. Marshall Co. & Giles Co. have each been to the playoffs twice in that span of time. Giles has two playoff wins and Marshall has one playoff win. I'll give the edge to Region 2 on both counts there making this a 2-0 sweep.

SO......................................the current score going into these final two judgements is 3-2 in favor of 2-3A over 5-3A.

Now it's on to Livingston Academy. They went to the playoffs as a #4 seed in 2005 and won it all. Over the course of the last two years however they are 2-18. THAT IS PATHETIC!!!! Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs all three years (and six straight years total). The Cubs are a model of consistency while Livingston Academy is your classic case of a "1 HIT WONDER". I'll take consistent success over a "one time fluke" any day of the week. Cheatham Co. hold the edge here folks.

NOW................................the score sits at 3-3 and we are tied between 5-3A & 2-3A /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The final match is David Lipscomb vs Fulton. Both schools have three state titles. Both schools have beaten one another in two meetings for the state title. HOWEVER............both schools have not been to the Boro all three years running. Both schools also aren't "currently" the state champions. I have got to give the nod to the team that has been to the BIG DANCE all three years running and that is the same team that is currently the state champions. David Lipscomb gets the nod over Fulton because they are more successful CURRENTLY!!!!

That makes it 4-3 in favor of Region 5-3A > Region 2-3A and I challenge anyone to come up with a legitimate argument and supporting facts to beat that.

..................................AND BY THE WAY THERE'D BETTER NOT BE ANY INSULTS OF ANY KIND FROM ANYONE ON EITHER SIDE OR ALL HECK IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE ON HERE OTHERWISE.

Also we can't compare Scott, Page, Stone Memorial, or Montgomery Central in this argument. If we do then I'd rate it at 1-1 anyway. Page is better than either Stone Memorial or Scott. NO CONTEST THERE!!!!!

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION ON THIS & EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THEIR OPINIONS RESPECTED SO ANY BASHING OF ANY KIND SHOULD RESULT IN COACHT SUSPENSION!!!!!

Is that a fair request for anyone & everyone???????????????????

My vote goes for Region 5-3A /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REGION 5-3A SINCE THE NEW REGIONS WERE FORMED PRIOR TO THE 2005 SEASON

David Lipscomb has been the best overall team in Class 3A since these regions were put in place prior to the 2005 season. The Mustangs have gone 13-2, 13-2, & 14-1 and have a state title to boot. It is the best overall record in 3A during that run and it's also the only team to go to the Boro all three years.

Looking around the remainder of the region you'll see that 5 OTHER TEAMS have gone to the playoffs and won playoff games in that same span of time. In 2005 Creek Wood beat Jackson South Side & Cheatham Co. beat Liberty Tech. In 2006 Giles Co. beat Bolivar Central & Jackson South Side and Spring Hill beat Lexington. In 2007 Marshall Co. beat Jackson South Side.

Cheatham Co. in 2005, Spring Hill & Giles Co. in 2006, & Marshall Co. in 2007 lost in the playoffs to David Lipscomb. THAT'S JUST A CASE OF A REGION 5 TEAM BEATING OTHER REGION 5 TEAMS THAT WHIPPED UP ON REGION 6 TEAMS!!!!

David Lipscomb has been in the postseason for all three years.

Cheatham Co. has been in the postseason for all three years.

Giles Co. has been in the postseason for two of the three years.

Marshall Co. has been in the postseason for two of the three years.

Spring Hill has been in the postseason.

Creek Wood has been in the postseason.

THE LAST THREE YEARS IS ALL THAT MATTERS BECAUSE THE REGIONS LOOKED TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRIOR TO 2005.

When you look at Region 2-3A you have Fulton who has won 3 state titles. Since the new regions were formed though the Falcons have only won a total of 1 STATE TITLE. The state titles in 2003 & 2004 are irrelevant to this discussion because Region 5 was completely different back in that day. The same goes for Austin East and their state title in 2001. SO..............................................

If we are counting prior state titles before the year 2005 then you'll see that David Lipscomb has titles in 1994 & 2002, Spring Hill has a state title in 1986, & Marshall Co. has a state title in 1984.

REGION 2-3A SINCE THE NEW REGIONS WERE FORMED PRIOR TO THE 2005 SEASON

Fulton has been to the second round of the playoffs, won a state title, and lost a state title.

Austin East has been to the second round of the playoffs twice and to the quarterfinals once.

Knoxville Catholic has been to the second round of the playoffs and to the quarterfinals twice.

Livingston Academy has a state title and after that they are 2-18 over the last two seasons.

Kingston has been to the playoffs but they don't have a win.

Anderson Co. has been to the playoffs once and they have one trip to the second round.

RESULTS

Anderson Co. has 1 PLAYOFF WIN IN 3 YEARS OFF OF 1 TRIP TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!! That makes them no different that Creek Wood or Spring Hill. Kingston has been to the playoffs once and they HAVE 0 PLAYOFF WINS in that span of time. That makes Kingston worse that Creek Wood & Spring Hill in terms of playoff success.

Region 5 holds a 2-1 advantage right there on teams that have 1 PLAYOFF WIN OFF OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS 1 TIME OUT OF 3 YEARS if my count is correct. Creek Wood & Spring Hill represent Region 5 while Anderson Co. represents Region 2. Kingston is eliminated.

Austin East has been to the playoffs all three years as has Knoxville Catholic. AE has three playoff wins in that span of time while Catholic has five playoff wins in that period of time. Marshall Co. & Giles Co. have each been to the playoffs twice in that span of time. Giles has two playoff wins and Marshall has one playoff win. I'll give the edge to Region 2 on both counts there making this a 2-0 sweep.

SO......................................the current score going into these final two judgements is 3-2 in favor of 2-3A over 5-3A.

Now it's on to Livingston Academy. They went to the playoffs as a #4 seed in 2005 and won it all. Over the course of the last two years however they are 2-18. THAT IS PATHETIC!!!! Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs all three years (and six straight years total). The Cubs are a model of consistency while Livingston Academy is your classic case of a "1 HIT WONDER". I'll take consistent success over a "one time fluke" any day of the week. Cheatham Co. hold the edge here folks.

NOW................................the score sits at 3-3 and we are tied between 5-3A & 2-3A /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The final match is David Lipscomb vs Fulton. Both schools have three state titles. Both schools have beaten one another in two meetings for the state title. HOWEVER............both schools have not been to the Boro all three years running. Both schools also aren't "currently" the state champions. I have got to give the nod to the team that has been to the BIG DANCE all three years running and that is the same team that is currently the state champions. David Lipscomb gets the nod over Fulton because they are more successful CURRENTLY!!!!

That makes it 4-3 in favor of Region 5-3A > Region 2-3A and I challenge anyone to come up with a legitimate argument and supporting facts to beat that.

..................................AND BY THE WAY THERE'D BETTER NOT BE ANY INSULTS OF ANY KIND FROM ANYONE ON EITHER SIDE OR ALL HECK IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE ON HERE OTHERWISE.

Also we can't compare Scott, Page, Stone Memorial, or Montgomery Central in this argument. If we do then I'd rate it at 1-1 anyway. Page is better than either Stone Memorial or Scott. NO CONTEST THERE!!!!!

Just a few process type questions...Do we vote, and then write the justification dissertation, or can we just vote? Also, what is the consensus based definition of "better", as it relates to Region 2 vs. 5? If a poster feels that a Region other than 2 or 5 is "better" than those based on the agreed upon definition of "better", will that be considered offensive or insulting? Who will count these votes, and or decide which Region is better? Will there be any consideration given to those posters who already expressed their opinion on this matter on the 27 page DL/Fulton thread? Will they receive a pro-rated vote, if consideration is given?

Conratulations to David Lipscomb on winning the TSSAA, 2007 3A State Football Championship. No opinions required to determine who, what, why, or how they were better. They were simply the best. How does 09 look for these two fine Regions?

ruse?

DL won this year in 3a and that was with a young region with many up and coming teams. Top to Bottom, they are more rounded and play other class teams every year. One thing that might ave helped DL this year is that they weren't beat down from the schedule near as much I think that has played in Fulton's favor in the past.

There is no such thing as either region having 4-5 teams that whip up on everyone else in the state.

Top to Bottom.....8 teams....region 5.....

DL won this year in 3a and that was with a young region with many up and coming teams. Top to Bottom, they are more rounded and play other class teams every year. One thing that might ave helped DL this year is that they weren't beat down from the schedule near as much I think that has played in Fulton's favor in the past.

There is no such thing as either region having 4-5 teams that whip up on everyone else in the state.

On a few occassions we agree. We agree here. In 2006, The Region was better. It took a bit of a toll on the Mustangs and facing a better Fulton in State Championship showed it. The Mustangs could hang for about 2.75 quarters. Coach Mac stated after that 2006 championship game, that Fulton was probably the best team Lipscomb had faced in all previous playoff games. The 2006 Mustangs were an outstanding team in their own rite.

2007, overall the region was down or younger as you state and the toll wasn't as hard on the Mustangs. The real battles began in the playoffs.

As for Region 2, just can't comment. Just know of the reputation of Fulton, Austin East, and Catholic and it being a tough region.

You are kidding me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Have you even looked at Fulton's schedule in prior years? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Every game might not have been a slugfest, but give me a break.

Now it's on to Livingston Academy. They went to the playoffs as a #4 seed in 2005 and won it all. Over the course of the last two years however they are 2-18. THAT IS PATHETIC!!!! Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs all three years (and six straight years total). The Cubs are a model of consistency while Livingston Academy is your classic case of aH "1 HIT WONDER". I'll take consistent success over a "one time fluke" any day of the week. Cheatham Co. hold the edge here folks.

:

What would one call this???

Now it's on to Livingston Academy. They went to the playoffs as a #4 seed in 2005 and won it all. Over the course of the last two years however they are 2-18. THAT IS PATHETIC!!!! Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs all three years (and six straight years total). The Cubs are a model of consistency while Livingston Academy is your classic case of aH "1 HIT WONDER". I'll take consistent success over a "one time fluke" any day of the week. Cheatham Co. hold the edge here folks.

:

What would one call this???

Aren't the 1 HIT WONDERS what makes football such a great game?????"On any given Sunday!" (or Friday night as the case might be!) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

On a more serious note.....Go Region 2,3A East Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Okay, DL finally got the job done in the State final in its 3rd try, capitalizing on Fulton's MANY mistakes and continuing to hurt themselves with costly penalties, but let's not go overboard with the region talk. DL was better than Fulton last Saturday. Fulton made too many costly mistakes, with 2 penalties and a bad snap leading to DL touchdowns. Nobody can give a team 3 TD's and expect to win. That doesn't make Region 5 a better region. I don't think you guys over in Region 5 realize just how good Knoxville Catholic has been over the past 3 years, because they always get put out by another Region 2 team. They have been FAR better than anybody else besides DL in Region 5, not even close. DL is pretty even with the Irish, but IF Catholic gets by Fulton last year, the Irish would have beat DL, no doubt in my mind. Only problem was, Fulton beat Catholic and went on to win State. AE is always fast and athletic, but again, can't get out of our region to see how they stack up with Region 4 or 5. You want to talk about DL's schedule. They play Goodpasture every year. So what? Goodpasture is not that good and Alcoa continues to hammer them every single year. Fulton went on the road last year, at Alcoa, and beat the Tornadoes. Goodpasture can't even hang around for a quarter with Alcoa. DCA beat them, enough said. Alcoa wouldn't play Fulton this year, so the Falcons played the traditional 5A powerhouse in Oak Ridge. Fulton has been playing Tyner as well, who is a good 2A team. DL won that game last Saturday, but that doesn't mean that Region 5 is better than Region 2. Since 2000, 5 State Titles for Region 2 and 1 State Title for Region 5. Still got a few more to go Region 5 to stack up with Region 2 in this decade.

The more I research, the more I uncover.

Check this out, Lipscomb's schedules for the last 3 years -

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=61

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...1&sportid=1

In three years, only ONE region 5 team has played Lipscomb in single digits, and that was a 2006 playoff game. Most games are 20+ points! How am I supposed to believe that is a tough region when no one can hang with Lipscomb? It's just reinforcing the fact that is it one dominant program, Lipscomb, and everybody else. They just have the benefit of region 6 being even weaker so they can look better than what they are. Heck, the more I look into this, the more I think Carter may have finished second in this region behind Lipscomb the last 3 years.

2005 Livingston Academy beat David Lipscomb Region 2 one

2006 Fulton beat David Lipscomb Region 2 Two

2007 David Lipscomb beat Fulton Region 5 one

Region 2 Two

Region 5 One

Head to Head between the two regions for the last three years.

This is all you can go by because this is the only time the two regions play each other. I never get to see Region 5 play but I do see alot of Region 2 and I know they are very good as I'm sure Region 5 is. You cannot go by play-off records because both Regions are playing the same team in their own Region again.

The more I research, the more I uncover.

Check this out, Lipscomb's schedules for the last 3 years -

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=61

In three years, only ONE region 5 team has played Lipscomb in single digits, and that was a 2006 playoff game. Most games are 20+ points! How am I supposed to believe that is a tough region when no one can hang with Lipscomb? It's just reinforcing the fact that is it one dominant program, Lipscomb, and everybody else. They just have the benefit of region 6 being even weaker so they can look better than what they are. Heck, the more I look into this, the more I think Carter may have finished second in this region behind Lipscomb the last 3 years.

If you are looking to do research on David Lipscomb-the Best Place to do it would be in the Lipscomb Football Chronicles located on The Mustangfanpage.com

Lots of info, season records, records vs. all teams, playoff history and more