2-3A versus 5-3A

Solomon

Region 5 is stronger top to bottom typically, most, every or what ever year in and out.....that means top to bottom....not the top three in region2 that keep coming up over and over. It means that there are different teams that make playoffs and the last week of the season there are more teams still in the hunt....not like the same 3 teams in region 2. I keep hearing about all these other strong teams in region 2 but Fulton is the only one that has come out of there except for Middle Tn's Livingston Academy

This Giles vs whoever doesn't mean a whole lot since neither one made it. I don't remember seeing Catholic in any semi's etc...so that point is pointless

I said players who are playing in college....don't change the levels...college...got it????

Well at least you guys have your fantasy land of "what ifs" for a whole year.

bulldog69.

Pretty astute. Insightful, and helpful. Perceptive in as much as you identified that Region 2 fans will need to live in fantasy land for the next year. That said, would you be so kind as to help those Region 2 fans navigate through those waters? After all, with the vast experience you have gained in fantasy land during the prvious 5+ yrs, coupled with the appearance that you have yet to have departed, it would be both welcoming, and enjoyable to have you assist those poor souls in Region 2. Merry Christmas.

ruse?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulldog69.

Pretty astute. Insightful, and helpful. Perceptive in as much as you identified that Region 2 fans will need to live in fantasy land for the next year. That said, would you be so kind as to help those Region 2 fans navigate through those waters? After all, with the vast experience you have gained in fantasy land during the prvious 5+ yrs, coupled with the appearance that you have yet to have departed, it would be both welcoming, and enjoyable to have you assist those poor souls in Region 2. Merry Christmas.

ruse?

Thank you so much. I shall impart some wisdom, though I doubt that any shall heed. The last several years from most region 2 folks were filled with outlandish belches of buoyed egos followed by sheer arroganc that has never worn off by many insignicant posters no longer on here and otherwise. Tooting their own horn to the point of flatulence. The outlandish posting of region 2 teams "fantasy" achievements and real achievements all mixed into one. The constant barrage and attack dogs mentality at folks who disagree with the mighty "2". Yes, it has been a long road chock of bluster and haranging anyone outide the region. The concept that somehow that the mightiest three class 3a teams are always the same teams from ol region 2. The Pac-man antics somehow always end up as sometimes a lack of class. If that is what five years gives you a right to do...then you did it. As of now..it is over

HOWEVER, and I am only a region 5 fan and I doubt that DL invites me to their banquet, you can rest assured that the next year of DL holding down the honor of 3a CHAMPS....there will be very little of the behavior mentioned above by any Lipscomb folks. DL and their fans will handle their time on the throne with total humbleness and class. You should take note and give them their due. Look .....Listen.... and Learn!!!

Anything else that I can impart to show the vast differences, I would oblige but this thread has run its course. mI am not a stat guy but Big Country can gie you a rundown on the region 5 players who have played in College.

SO LONG!!!

Anything else that I can impart to show the vast differences, I would oblige but this thread has run its course. mI am not a stat guy but Big Country can gie you a rundown on the region 5 players who have played in College.

SO LONG!!!

Probably not.....

Anybody checked out his profile status lately?????

Sorry bulldog...the regions are not even close. Besides DL, Region 5 has no one that realistically could make the Championship game year in and year out. Region 2 has at least three--Fulton, Catholic and AE.

OK let's compare talent pool (for the sake of this argument, let??™s use players from the past three seasons that received offers or have offers from D1A and D1AA schools)

Fulton:

RB Rogan (UT), Jam Fine (TSU), Te. Cobb (D1AA)

DL A. Hamilton (College of the Canyons--recruited by several D1 schools)

OL T. Morris (Austin Peay)

WR Elliot Bishop (offered by many 1AA, landed at Carson Newman as NQ), C. Pitchford (UTC)

LB Ty. Cobb (TSU), Bubba Stokes (D1AA offers)

WR/DB V.Smith and D.Humphrey (several D1AA--may have D1A interests), K. Tyson (D1AA offers)

Catholic:

DB H. Smith (Notre Dame), Robbins (D1AA offers)

QB E. Lindsey (D1AA offers)

OL Franklin (Cincy)

LB Tait (Aub, Col, Ill) and Trussler (Tn Tech)

WR J. Faris

AE:

WR A. Anderson (UT)

Livingston:

QB W. Cates (Princeton)

AC:

TE J. Sharp (Tn Tech and other D1AA)

Kingston has Ryan Hill and Michael Frogg both playing at Tennessee.

Let's get back to the Thread topic. 2-3A vs 5-3A.

Region 2-3A has won more state titles this decade than any other region.

Since 2005

Region 2-3A's 4th place team beat DL in state title game. So in basic terms for everyone on the slow side 4th best from region 2 beats the best from region 5. That tells me that region 2-3A is pretty dang strong. Every year the past 3 years has 3 from region 2 in the top 5 of the state. 2006 2-3A's second place team beat region 5-3A's best DL. 2007 region 2-3A's 2nd place team lost a close game to region 5-3A's best DL. Who beside DL has played in the title game recently? Those that did usually did not fare good against 2-3A. Check the history on Coach T. Before 2005 Fulton and AE both took home more state titles than any 5-3A team this decade.

Just my opinion, but records speak for themselves.

Ruse?.... does the Walmart on Clinton Hwy still sell those Region 2 is better than Region 5 T-shirts? I know they sold out of the travel mugs, screen savers, birthday plates, baby bibs, drink coasters, that said "Region two is God's Country". My all time holiday favorite item is the Region 2 Nativity scene figurines, with Fulton, Catholic, & AE players gathered around baby Jesus on the Bethlehem Gridiorn. Lord knows that this is the only thing we dwell on around here. Well, I'm going to look on ebay and see what I can find and then I'm sending one of these items to Big Country with a re-gifted fruit cake.

People.... It is High School football! As passionate as we can be.... Look in the mirror, Get over it.... & Move on! And while we're on this ego indulgent "who's got the harriest chest" subject... My dad can beat up your dad!

Ruse?.... does the Walmart on Clinton Hwy still sell those Region 2 is better than Region 5 T-shirts? I know they sold out of the travel mugs, screen savers, birthday plates, baby bibs, drink coasters, that said "Region two is God's Country". My all time holiday favorite item is the Region 2 Nativity scene figurines, with Fulton, Catholic, & AE players gathered around baby Jesus on the Bethlehem Gridiorn. Lord knows that this is the only thing we dwell on around here. Well, I'm going to look on ebay and see what I can find and then I'm sending one of these items to Big Country with a re-gifted fruit cake.

People.... It is High School football! As passionate as we can be.... Look in the mirror, Get over it.... & Move on! And while we're on this ego indulgent "who's got the harriest chest" subject... My dad can beat up your dad!

Photo.

T-Shirts are gone. Hoodies available. You could find a punch line there, with the right school representation. I agree, let's move on. Been trying to. Big Country has, and has some thoughts on the 1,2,3A Favorites for 08 on another thread. BTW, I hope your dad, can take mine. He's 93.

ruse?