Biggest Match of 2007

Wrestler12

January 3rd, the day where I personally think will decide the Div. I state championship. And the funny thing is these two schools are only a few miles apart from each other. Even bigger than that it's based on a 14 year winning streak. I am ofcourse talking about The Bradley Bears and The Cleveland Raiders. We now at this point see in the public schools they are the #1 and #2 team in the state but this rivalry seems more important to some than just rankings. Cleveland has put so much into this summer that it is obviously paying off now and Bradley seems to always be on top of things. However, it is only to be seen on Jan. 3rd, Judgement Day: a streak could be broken, dreams could be lost, a new turn in this cross town rivalry could take place.

Bradley Bears vs Cleveland Raiders /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

103 Ethan Hames vs Brian Alvarado

112 Kelby McAlister vs Blake Oakes

119 Logan Biddy vs Josh Jadoobirsingh

125 Ed Stiles vs Ben Spires

130 Trevor Howard vs Jacob Sewell

135 David Graham vs Clayton Bunch

140 Caleb Tallent vs Bailey Jones

145 Dean Pavlou vs Will Moreland

152 Josh Disney vs Travis Leonard

160 Matt Watson vs Harold Gage

171 Jacob Howard vs James Sharp

189 Tucker Bolton vs Verrill Norwood

215 Blake Higgins vs Max Ofori

285 Cody Epperson vs Adam Peters

Sorry if I got a few names wrong, or had wrong weights. Most of this come off Intermatwrestle.com

I would like to see the Jadoobirsingh/Biddy and the Gage/Watson Matchup

And is Cleveland the Blue Raiders? Or just plain ole' Raiders?

January 3rd, the day where I personally think will decide the Div. I state championship. And the funny thing is these two schools are only a few miles apart from each other. Even bigger than that it's based on a 14 year winning streak. I am ofcourse talking about The Bradley Bears and The Cleveland Raiders. We now at this point see in the public schools they are the #1 and #2 team in the state but this rivalry seems more important to some than just rankings. Cleveland has put so much into this summer that it is obviously paying off now and Bradley seems to always be on top of things. However, it is only to be seen on Jan. 3rd, Judgement Day: a streak could be broken, dreams could be lost, a new turn in this cross town rivalry could take place.

I think it would be the biggest match of 2008 since it takes place in Janurary. i will say that's a pretty bold claim in my opinion, plus whoever wins this match probably has a lesser chance of winning state if you look at the past regular season matches between soddy and bradley, last year bradley beats soddy in the regular season but then soddy wins state. In my opinion the biggest match of 2008 will be in feburary in a gym up in Clarksville.

140 lbs will be Chris Aguilar for Bradley. Chris won the Huntsville Invitational. He tweaked is shoulder and has been out the last two weeks. He is practicing this week and will compete in the Bradley Invitational.

Of course, the second round of challenge matches will take place before this match up so the lineups could change.

This will be a great match! It will be at Bradley and expect a large crowd. This crowd could be larger and louder than the match up last year when #1 ranked Soddy Dasiy and #2 ranked Bradley met.

Good luck to both teams!

I think it would be the biggest match of 2008 since it takes place in Janurary. i will say that's a pretty bold claim in my opinion, plus whoever wins this match probably has a lesser chance of winning state if you look at the past regular season matches between soddy and bradley, last year bradley beats soddy in the regular season but then soddy wins state. In my opinion the biggest match of 2008 will be in feburary in a gym up in Clarksville.

If not the biggest it will probably be the most fun! Bradley-Cleveland has a tradition of hating each other going back to 1968. The whole community will be out for this one not just wrestling fans. This gym will be a wild place.

Did someone say something about a wrestling match north of White Oak Mountain in January? A great rivalry for sure...but the BIGGEST MATCH? Maybe in about 4 more generations. Great wrestling I am sure, but only a local interest story between local boys. You could throw in a grudge match between Toby McKenzie and Allen Jones and it will still fall short. Saying that Cleveland and Bradley County might have the strongest teams, most talent, and will dominate the Cleveland area sports talk for a few days might be true. But to claim its the Biggest Match is to ignore the big picture. Both programs are at the highest level of competition, but they lack multi-generational dominance to claim to be the Biggest Match.

When it comes to the Biggest Match, even when weight classes are forfeited and seniors are scarce, an afternoon up I-75 cannot compete with Red and Blue day. Both teams can stink and yet their match up consumes generations, friends, and adversaries of both schools. People who don't even understand wrestling show up for this cataclysmic event. Kids spend sleepless nights for YEARS and YEARS hoping to be the starter for the Red or Blue on this day. Winning seasons are not the focus, not even state championships, but please, please, please let me be the starter at the Baylor/McCallie match. Some don't even care if they have a chance at winning, they just want a chance of being on the mat that day. And this enthusiasm, no.... more like obsession, bleeds through to the parents, alumni, faculty, friends, and the entire Chattanooga area. Jealous of this fact? I am too. I didn't go to these schools and always hated the hype they received and took a special satisfaction of whipping (sometimes) both schools on the mat. But it never changed the reality. The biggest match of 2007 or 2008 or the last 50 years is and always has been the Baylor/McCallie match.

Many other programs in the area can consider their matches to be the "Best Match" based on a talent pool for that one season. They, like our northern neighbors, would be too focused on the "here and now" but still lack the broad, long term, consistent, and notorious appeal of the Red and Blue reputation. Some might think ND/Father Ryan/Knox Catholic could one day become a "Best Match" or a RB/ER or SD/Ooltewah. But the rivalries are still too localized within one community like Cleveland and Bradley County. No, it has to be a match up that can shake the foundations of the entire area. Best chance of this would be ND and CCS (if CCS can continue to develop their program). It could be touted as the "Inquisitors" Vs. the "Klan". The Catholic fans show up with whips and torture devices and the Protestants show up with nooses and burning crosses. Talk about transending generations, now were talking CNN headlines! But, that will never happen so if I'm going to only one match a year, I'll still be buying my Baylor/McCallie ticket for the forseeable future.

Bradley Bears vs Cleveland Raiders /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

103 Ethan Hames vs Brian Alvarado

112 Kelby McAlister vs Blake Oakes

119 Logan Biddy vs Josh Jadoobirsingh

125 Ed Stiles vs Ben Spires

130 Trevor Howard vs Jacob Sewell

135 David Graham vs Clayton Bunch

140 Caleb Tallent vs Bailey Jones

145 Dean Pavlou vs Will Moreland

152 Josh Disney vs Travis Leonard

160 Matt Watson vs Harold Gage

171 Jacob Howard vs James Sharp

189 Tucker Bolton vs Verrill Norwood

215 Blake Higgins vs Max Ofori

285 Cody Epperson vs Adam Peters

Sorry if I got a few names wrong, or had wrong weights. Most of this come off Intermatwrestle.com

I would like to see the Jadoobirsingh/Biddy and the Gage/Watson Matchup

And is Cleveland the Blue Raiders? Or just plain ole' Raiders?

I'd be very surprised to see Bradley wrestle cleveland straight up, they could probably get away with a lot more wins shifting their lineup at 119 up all the way to pavlou at 152 and disney at 160. =P just a thought though

Did someone say something about a wrestling match north of White Oak Mountain in January? A great rivalry for sure...but the BIGGEST MATCH? Maybe in about 4 more generations. Great wrestling I am sure, but only a local interest story between local boys. You could throw in a grudge match between Toby McKenzie and Allen Jones and it will still fall short. Saying that Cleveland and Bradley County might have the strongest teams, most talent, and will dominate the Cleveland area sports talk for a few days might be true. But to claim its the Biggest Match is to ignore the big picture. Both programs are at the highest level of competition, but they lack multi-generational dominance to claim to be the Biggest Match.

When it comes to the Biggest Match, even when weight classes are forfeited and seniors are scarce, an afternoon up I-75 cannot compete with Red and Blue day. Both teams can stink and yet their match up consumes generations, friends, and adversaries of both schools. People who don't even understand wrestling show up for this cataclysmic event. Kids spend sleepless nights for YEARS and YEARS hoping to be the starter for the Red or Blue on this day. Winning seasons are not the focus, not even state championships, but please, please, please letme be the starter at the Baylor/McCallie match. Some don't even care if they have a chance at winning, they just want a chance of being on the mat that day. And this enthusiasm, no.... more like obsession, bleeds through to the parents, alumni, faculty, friends, and the entire Chattanooga area. Jealous of this fact? I am too. I didn't go to these schools and always hated the hype they received and took a special satisfaction of whipping (sometimes) both schools on the mat. But it never changed the reality. The biggest match of 2007 or 2008 or the last 50 years is and always has been the Baylor/McCallie match.

Many other programs in the area can consider their matches to be the "Best Match" based on a talent pool for that one season. They, like our northern neighbors, would be too focused on the "here and now" but still lack the broad, long term, consistent, and notorious appeal of the Red and Blue reputation. Some might think ND/Father Ryan/Knox Catholic could one day become a "Best Match" or a RB/ER or SD/Ooltewah. But the rivalries are still too localized within one community like Cleveland and Bradley County. No, it has to be a match up that can shake the foundations of the entire area. Best chance of this would be ND and CCS (if CCS can continue to develop their program). It could be touted as the "Inquisitors" Vs. the "Klan". The Catholic fans show up with whips and torture devices and the Protestants show up with nooses and burning crosses. Talk about transending generations, now were talking CNN headlines! But, that will never happen so if I'm going to only one match a year, I'll still be buying my Baylor/McCallie ticket for the forseeable future.

Notre Dame and CCS? how bout Father Ryan and MBA. they have some extremely close ties going back to god knows when. heck the coaches are related and cousins wrestling cousins in years past had to be some pretty HUGE matches. that's not to say that cleveland and bradley won't have a standing room only crowd.

allsaints has changed the dynamic of the original statement. It is not just about the long time competition of two teams, this is about this year and the magnitude of number one and two in D1. And further, this is multi-generational at this point,,,,,,shoot, kids I wrestled with at Bradley have had kids become state champs there. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />