One and Done?

bigmoney128

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See where Coach Mac is going to Oakland.

Where does Moore County go from here?

Bad deal for Moore County. Flatt was rumored to be going to Oakland and Coach Mac went there just like last year when Flatt was rumored to be going to Moore County then Coach Mac arrived.

Well maybe Flatt can be lured away from Eagleville this year.

I'm an Oakland guy.....What did you guys think about coach McDaniel??? Besjide ethe fact that he is leaving. I know you guys are pretty upset, but what was the feeling about him.

He is class act. He will stand up for his players and knows how to coach football. Good luck Coach McDaniel, I wish you and your family the best.

Moore County had a new coach this season. Is he already leaving? That is a shame if true. He sure had them headed in the right direction.

Nevermind, I found in the Murfreesboro paper that he had been hired by Oakland. I'd guess that Moore County Grad and current defensive cordinator at Cascade, Jeremy Austin, will be among the names of prospective replacements.

Moore County does not have a history of hiring folks close to the program as the head coach. I'm sure that when they hired McDaniel, they didn't think he would be leaving after only one year. Even though he only spent one year at BGA. I think he is a good coach, but some of the decisions he made this year made me wonder if he planned on being at MC for the long haul. Maybe they will hire someone this time that is willing to build the program the right way and stay for a while.

See where Coach Mac is going to Oakland.

Where does Moore County go from here?

I think Moore County's number one priorty in this hire should be somebody that will continue to build on what Mac started and will be content to stay at Moore County for the long haul. Somebody said in another thread that they don't normally hire somebody close to their program, but I don't think the parents, kids and fans can handle a new staff coming in every year or two. There happens to be an excellent Coach who graduated from Moore County, has family there, and is part of a staff that has won 19 games over the last two seasons. Jeremy Austin, current defensive coordinator at Cascade is one of the best young coaches around and has put his time in at coordinator and is ready to take on a head job somewhere. I know his heart is still at Moore County and hopefully they'll give him a better look this time during the interview process. He definitely won't bail on them since that would be his dream job! He'd be a huge loss to our staff, but I like the guy and know he deserves a shot at something like this! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />