Jo Byrns Basketbal

ready2play

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ktime101, what year did you graduate, what years did jbs go to state....

Actually I didnt graduate from there, I transferred to gatlinburg pittman 2 years ago and im a senior now...but I know they do have a lot of talent, but you know as well as I do When you are just getting back from football, it takes time to shake the rust off and knowing what your teammates like to do whether its on offense or defense, just trust me the red devils are going to look like a good team very soon.

Well im not saying that back in the day he wasnt a good coach but the game has changed. But times are changing and just talking to certain people and watching them play it seems as if they dont have many offensive plays and aren't up to date with other teams. And about the talent issue, they have had some good talent come through the past 3 to 4 years but havent done much with it. And this years team is very talented and even the coach has said it so if you doubt what i say then read the On The Ball Magazine. They can all shoot, dribble, and are just pure athletes and play D as well.

Well im not saying that back in the day he wasnt a good coach but the game has changed. But times are changing and just talking to certain people and watching them play it seems as if they dont have many offensive plays and aren't up to date with other teams. And about the talent issue, they have had some good talent come through the past 3 to 4 years but havent done much with it. And this years team is very talented and even the coach has said it so if you doubt what i say then read the On The Ball Magazine. They can all shoot, dribble, and are just pure athletes and play D as well.

But even if you have great athletes on a team, the only way you can win is by execution and defense. Plain and simple

I think they made the state in the 80's with the little point guard that went on to play at Aquanis. Greg something or other, I think.

Coach Carlisle does a very good job. He does not have the tallent that some schools have and he does not have some of the advantages that other schools have. His teams always play hard and they are always prepared. I don't think you can ask more of a coach than that. This district is tough because the teams always seem to mirror each other. Each team has a good player or two and all the teams are well coached. Don't sell the effects of having a good football team short. There is a significant effect that takes time to get over.