Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best candidate for the coaching position is a hometown product. He has spent years coaching at the college level. He was Defensive Co-ordinator at Georgia Military College 5 seasons. They won the Jr. College national championship during his tenure there and led the nation in fewest points allowed.He has been a key speaker at many coaching clinics in the country and has a series of DVD's on the 3-5-3 defense. He is currently teaching/coaching at Centennial H.S. in Williamson County, Franklin ,Tenn., a move he made to get back closer to his hometown of Dyersburg, Tennessee. Someone needs to let the administration know about him. He is an excellent coach and a good person. I would want my son to be coached by him. His name is Taylor Burks.

stevieray, did you say neon dion was gonna coach the football team too?

[/quot

NO..But if BOTH THE COUNCES aren't back here I am gonna be very SHOCKED...Believe it without a doubt SR and JR will both be back on the sidelines at DHS....IN WHAT CAPACITY....I don't know...I hear JR will be the HEAD man...SR since he is retired...and COME in at around 2]MBA[/url] and coming back...But maybe they are TIRED OF THE BIG CITY and want to get back here...THAT IS JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART....But I bet a "nickel to a doughnut" I ain't far off in what I am saying...

Heard from relative who is a senior there...said football players were very upset Bowling was leaving. Said they believe it will be the Counces. Said none of them could figure out why(comes from parents too) Jr. would ever leave Nashville to come back to D'burg. I wouldn't deny my child the opportunity going to MBA,but that's just me. I DON'T consider D'burg's record to be SUBPAR at all.

Heard from relative who is a senior there...said football players were very upset Bowling was leaving. Said they believe it will be the Counces. Said none of them could figure out why(comes from parents too) Jr. would ever leave Nashville to come back to D'burg. I wouldn't deny my child the opportunity going to MBA,but that's just me. I DON'T consider D'burg's record to be SUBPAR at all.

Somebody should have warned Coach Bowling that he would be turned on like a pack of wild dogs. Heaven forbid that we lose to Dyer County. The man never got a chance to put his own stamp on this team. Dyer County is a up and coming program. The game was probably one the best I have ever seen. People can say what ever they want to but Coach Bowling was run out of town. I always thought that the coaching staff was to make decisions about what was best for the team instead of the community. If it is anyone beside Coach Counce they better have thier head on a swivel. Makes you almost ashamed of being a Trojan fan the way some people are acting.

Let's try to put this in perspective...1) DHS had a season most teams would love to have yet to some, that was not enough so the coach gets rode and bad mouthed till he leaves.. It appears he fell into the same trap other coaches did trying to replace an icon & was never given the same benefit of doubt, trust, confidence, etc. given to the previous coaching staff. Rumor is that even his family was subjected to criticism. The man made the best decision possible for his family & should be wished only the best by everyone associated with DHS....2) The program is not a wreck, still got a ton of talent returning and coming up and should be a contender for many years to come...with continued WORK!!..3) Let's hope the next coach hired to run this storied program gets the full benefit of what we've all learned from this lesson....if that happens, we'll always be winners!!!

Somebody should have warned Coach Bowling that he would be turned on like a pack of wild dogs. Heaven forbid that we lose to Dyer County. The man never got a chance to put his own stamp on this team. Dyer County is a up and coming program. The game was probably one the best I have ever seen. People can say what ever they want to but Coach Bowling was run out of town. I always thought that the coaching staff was to make decisions about what was best for the team instead of the community. If it is anyone beside Coach Counce they better have thier head on a swivel. Makes you almost ashamed of being a Trojan fan the way some people are acting.

It's official, Counces--Jr and Sr.--are returning. Team will be told today What is the origin of the idea that Bowling was run out of town? He resigned ahd he never really wanted to come to Dyersburg--Union City was always his first choice, but Fishel had not given up that job when the DHS job came open. Some will remember that Bowling tried to back out of the job after he accepted it. Bowling compiled a 10-2 record at Dyersburg, probably the same number of wins and losses Dyersburg would have had under Counce. The team will have the advantage of having organization, discipline and order restored to the program.

If the folks in Union City are happy, we in Dyersburg are beyond happy.

yep

all that is left is announcing the assistant coaching positions...........hope that will be done in the next week......

they are working hard at putting together their staff........and are going after the "best" assistants, both young and old, accross the state....

grass is about to get greener boys in more ways than one........much more to come

It's official, Counces--Jr and Sr.--are returning. Team will be told today What is the origin of the idea that Bowling was run out of town? He resigned ahd he never really wanted to come to Dyersburg--Union City was always his first choice, but Fishel had not given up that job when the DHS job came open. Some will remember that Bowling tried to back out of the job after he accepted it. Bowling compiled a 10-2 record at Dyersburg, probably the same number of wins and losses Dyersburg would have had under Counce. The team will have the advantage of having organization, discipline and order restored to the program.

If the folks in Union City are happy, we in Dyersburg are beyond happy.

Seeing that Coach Counce handpicked him was does that say about his decisionmaking and why he was hired to start with. Sounds like there is disorder in the people that hired him. It's almost like he knew he was going to come back on his white horse and save the day. Thee only disorder that was evident in the program was from fans like you that would not give him a chance. He probably is better off in Union City.