Kingston

Volz4ever

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can't blame the losses on talent. There is always enough talent walking the school to win some games. The fact is the first step a coach must do is get players to play, and if he does that then they will have some success.

I agree with Jimmy Dolan. There is not always enough talent walking the hall ways, the kids that have talent walking the halls most of the time don't wanna do it the coaches way, if they did they would be playing, I agree part of the coaches job is to get kids to play but not to the point that they are begging. I think sometimes you can blame losses on talent, just like you get wins from talent you think Bearden, Maryville, Fulton, and Oak Ridge don't have talent, of course they do if they didn't they would not be successful year in and year out.

Plemons graduated in 94. The year he graduated or his playing ability has nothing to do with this team's win-loss record. Slappy is right. Most if not all of the current players would have been cut from the teams in the early 90's. Plemons works hard. They could practice 24 hours a day and I don't think the record would have been different. Where is all this talent that is roaming the halls. I don't remember anyone playing in middle school that was great and not playing now- except for Hood- now that was a major loss.

Plemons graduated in 94. The year he graduated or his playing ability has nothing to do with this team's win-loss record. Slappy is right. Most if not all of the current players would have been cut from the teams in the early 90's. Plemons works hard. They could practice 24 hours a day and I don't think the record would have been different. Where is all this talent that is roaming the halls. I don't remember anyone playing in middle school that was great and not playing now- except for Hood- now that was a major loss.

I agree.

I can't remember a time when the Kingston men's basketball team went winless during their season. I asked my father, who was born in 1929 in Kingston, and he can't remember a time like this either. I do not believe the main reason is lack of talent. Everything rises or falls on leadership, so that means the coaches must take the responsibility and not blame lack of talent. Maybe, it is time to break the Kingston clique and get new athletic staff.

I can't remember a time when the Kingston men's basketball team went winless during their season. I asked my father, who was born in 1929 in Kingston, and he can't remember a time like this either. I do not believe the main reason is lack of talent. Everything rises or falls on leadership, so that means the coaches must take the responsibility and not blame lack of talent. Maybe, it is time to break the Kingston clique and get new athletic staff.

Sounds like to me you being from Kingston should understand the Kingston clique, if im not mistaken you can look at every school in the county and see that they have graduates coaching. In small schools like Kingston, Midway, Harriman, and Rockwood it is hard to find coaches that care as much about schools than their graduates do. There is no question that the talent level at Roane Co. High School in all sports has dropped in the last few years. I have seen a lot of basketball games Coach Plemons coaches as hard as any coach around here, the problem with Kingston is no depth, no point guard, no shooters, and no post, basically no basketball players, just a bunch of kids that work hard. If you notice they are in a lot of games in the first half, but peter off in the second half due to foul trouble and lack of depth off the bench. for all the people who want to point their fingers at the coaching staff there is an easy solution for you, first you go to college, get you a teaching degree, and then get a coaching job just to see how easy it is. These coaches do it because they care about the school, they care about the kids, and they want the players to succeed. It sure isn't about the money because if you divide the money that coaches make by the amount of time they put in you will see that they are making almost minimum wage.

I agree that the coaches dont do it for the money. It takes a lot of time to do what they do. But, the coaches do have to take responsibility for their team losing, all good coaches do. The depth of a team falls right back on the athletic program for not getting students interested in participating in athletics. One question though does Roane Co. have a 4th block for athletics. Ex. Varsity Sports