Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

Well Folks I know its early but we got time to kill. Heres my list and I dont know much about some, so jump in and lets talk about it, convince me why I'm right or wrong (it does happen).

1. McMinn Central - They gotta couple of holes to fill but they should return a solid core of players.

2. Polk County - You just always count on tradition with those folks.

3. Notre Dame - Too much tallent to stay down for long.

4. (Tie)

Howard - Athletes are still there, but also have some hiles to fill.

Sequoyah - This team has potential, returns alot of starters on both sides of the ball.

6. (Tie)

East Ridge - If rumors about the coach is true, there may be a learning curve there.

Meigs County - Big questions on offense, can they make the answer.

8. Grundy County - I hope this team suprises me, and wish you good luck next season.

9. Tellico Plains - Alot of youngsters got to play last year and gained good experience, just lacking skilled position.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Folks I know its early but we got time to kill. Heres my list and I dont know much about some, so jump in and lets talk about it, convince me why I'm right or wrong (it does happen).

1. McMinn Central - They gotta couple of holes to fill but they should return a solid core of players.

2. Polk County - You just always count on tradition with those folks.

3. Notre Dame - Too much tallent to stay down for long.

4. (Tie)

Howard - Athletes are still there, but also have some hiles to fill.

Sequoyah - This team has potential, returns alot of starters on both sides of the ball.

6. (Tie)

East Ridge - If rumors about the coach is true, there may be a learning curve there.

Meigs County - Big questions on offense, can they make the answer.

8. Grundy County - I hope this team suprises me, and wish you good luck next season.

9. Tellico Plains - Alot of youngsters got to play last year and gained good experience, just lacking skilled position.

Does Meigs really lose that much? Not sure if I agree with Meigs that low, but everything else looks ok.

Does Meigs really lose that much? Not sure if I agree with Meigs that low, but everything else looks ok.

Meigs is always picked down at the bottom of the list every year when people start talking about who is going to finish where. I understand why this is because they usually dont have that good of a crop of athlete to compete but seem to always find a way to be competitive. 2 years ago they were picked anywhere from 5th place to 7th place and won the region, this past year they finished 4th in the region with 3 region losses --2 of those coming in the last seconds of the game and the 3rd one coming in overtime--so dont count meigs out of the region race just yet. I do believe however that you have to put mcminn central and howard at the top again to be the pre season favorites and it depends who gets the east ridge job on where they are to be picked-they have some real athletes also--i think you then kind of put meigs,polk, notre dame, and sequoyah together to see who makes the playoffs.---now if you have a preseason poll on who has the best looking team or the best athlete i think you can make a case for meigs being at the bottom.

1. McMinn Central. - Reason being, Jackson at QB. He may be the best player in the region. Central goes where jackson takes them. The next 3 playoff spots, well hold on because this year is going to be wild & fun to watch. Howard, Polk, Sequoyah, Notre Dame, and Meigs will battle it out for these positions. And I would'nt be surprised if one of these teams found themselves in the #1 spot when its all said and done. Yea its going to be that competitive. East Ridge is a Question, alot going on there with the coaching change. Same thing with Grundy Co.. Tellico will still be very young.

1. McMinn Central. - Reason being, Jackson at QB. He may be the best player in the region. Central goes where jackson takes them. The next 3 playoff spots, well hold on because this year is going to be wild & fun to watch. Howard, Polk, Sequoyah, Notre Dame, and Meigs will battle it out for these positions. And I would'nt be surprised if one of these teams found themselves in the #1 spot when its all said and done. Yea its going to be that competitive. East Ridge is a Question, alot going on there with the coaching change. Same thing with Grundy Co.. Tellico will still be very young.

Your right Chief, Central will go as so goes Jackson, after that it is WIDE OPEN, every week will be so critical, it could come down to the last week of the year to determine who goes to the playoffs or who goes home. The region lost some big names in Mobriant, Hudson and Slack last season, and the name Jackson will stand out before next season but after that I cant think of many standouts so it should be some great team efforts. GO CHIEFS!!!

Your right Chief, Central will go as so goes Jackson, after that it is WIDE OPEN, every week will be so critical, it could come down to the last week of the year to determine who goes to the playoffs or who goes home. The region lost some big names in Mobriant, Hudson and Slack last season, and the name Jackson will stand out before next season but after that I cant think of many standouts so it should be some great team efforts. GO CHIEFS!!!

what about Rayl from meigs county--he threw for over 1000 yards and had very few interceptions--i dont think people realize that meigs had a pretty good passing game last year-just because everyone thinks all they do is run it. rayl is not the athlete that jordan is from central but i think he threw for more yards than jordan did and rayl definetly didnt have the receivers that central had.--rayl is only a sophomore.

what about Rayl from meigs county--he threw for over 1000 yards and had very few interceptions--i dont think people realize that meigs had a pretty good passing game last year-just because everyone thinks all they do is run it. rayl is not the athlete that jordan is from central but i think he threw for more yards than jordan did and rayl definetly didnt have the receivers that central had.--rayl is only a sophomore.

Rayl did do a good job for meigs. And I do think he we be the one that they lean on this year. My point on Jackson, well he is just a playmaker. When Central really needs something he seems to make it happen. His scrambling & running abilty is what makes him so dangerous. Plus the fact he does throw the ball well.

To be honest I never thought Meigs was a passing team, I guess all I ever heard was about Mobriant. I did think about Rayl when the ALL-REGION team came out but was not sure what position he made it for. I didnt mean to offend anyone with the previous comments.

Grundy has some talent, theres a lot of athletes walking the halls that need to be out there.. Maybe Coach Bryant can convince some of the basketball players to come out, and If Coach Ladd keeps coaching with the football team, it will keep some of the baseball players out.

However, what they NEED is a leader, someone to be Vocal in the weight room and on the field. They also need to have Mandatory workout sessions in the summer, this would keep a lot of kids from getting hurt and could help the team bond. The whole team gets strong and then summer hits and the weight room is almost empty... I'm pretty sure I would know because I think I'm there more than ANYONE...

Not so fast! Why is everyone crowning Central?? Lets not forget they have to come to Howard this year and they wont be allowed to bring their refs. Do you people know how good Freshman Eric McReynolds really is! He will be the best player in the region this year as a sophmore. Not to mention Jehron Reynolds will be back along with the entire O-Line and the Defense except our secondary. 4 Freshmen started on defense for Howard so you can imagine how good they will be next year. We have Central, Polk, Meigs, and Grundy all have to come to us next year so be ready because our DEFENSE will be ready to lay the wood

Not so fast! Why is everyone crowning Central?? Lets not forget they have to come to Howard this year and they wont be allowed to bring their refs. Do you people know how good Freshman Eric McReynolds really is! He will be the best player in the region this year as a sophmore. Not to mention Jehron Reynolds will be back along with the entire O-Line and the Defense except our secondary. 4 Freshmen started on defense for Howard so you can imagine how good they will be next year. We have Central, Polk, Meigs, and Grundy all have to come to us next year so be ready because our DEFENSE will be ready to lay the wood

Welcom back T-mac, I was just curious what your thoughts were on were everyone finishes next season?

Rayl is pretty good but it was Howie Meadows that made that passing attack go. My opinion is he was one of the top 2 recievers in the region this year. Big plays when you needed them and played hard for the entire game