Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

hey wrecking crew, do you call a 13-10 loss a "sound beating" i don't think so. ask greenbrier if mcminn central was a pushover. last year was last year and this year is this year..never know what can happen. if central can go from 3-7 to 9-2 in one year, who's to say they can't advance in the playoffs this year?

Read this snippet from The Chattanooga paper after Greenbrier beat Central"

"ENGLEWOOD, Tenn. -- As the winner of the Region 3-3A championship, McMinn Central would hold home-field advantage as long as it was in the state playoffs.

That lasted only as long as Friday night. Visiting Greenbrier beat the Chargers 13-10, leaving McMinn Central's season over at 9-2 while the Bobcats (6-5) play White House in the second round."

Yes, you read it right. A Greenbrier team which was 5-5 during the regular season - BARELY even making the playoffs as the fourth place team in their region. Then the next week they went on to lose to White House 37-6 (the game was a total blowout and over by halftime). Yes, a Greenbrier team which gave up a lot of points during the season which held McMinn Central to a total of 10 points. If Central were to woinj their region this year, and were able to beat the fourth place team from the other region, they'd still be no match for the best team(s) from the other region. Keep smoking what you are though if it helps to ease the pain and make you think anyone from Region 3 is going far into the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness the stars have finally aligned and every athlete in the eastern part of McMinn County was born at the same time so any coach can win for a couple of years at McMinn Central. There isn't a coach in the world that could loosse with these guys.....BUT it seems like central has had a ton of athletes in the basketball program for years....and wait a minute, now alot of those guys are playing football too.....I don't remember other coaches getting these guys out to play.....you know come to think of it, about 3 -4 years ago Central only had about 30 players on the team...How many are on the roster now? Well, there is no way Coach Derrick could have had anything to do with that. We can't give him credit for anything, right? AND by looking at Centrals history in B-ball, let's not hope he continues that in football...I mean then we will have to start insulting his pets or something. I don't know what we will do if we have to give him any credit...Save your tears for the field other teams in 3-3A, you'll need'em.

Speaking of age, I understand the quarterback who just transfrred to Central is an 18 year old who will only be a Junior this coming year, so I doubt he'll be eligible to play next year.

I don't spout rumors. I know the facts.

You might want to check the facts on Mr. Rayl. He'll be an 18 year old Junior. Age-wise, he probably should have graduated in May.

Don't need to check anything, he is eligible now, has great grades and from what I have heard has fit in well so far with his new team mates. Why should you really care anyway, it is obvious you are not a fan of the Big Blue! It does amaze me how many outsiders have taken an interest now in the Central football program, Thanks for watching out for their best interest! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Don't need to check anything, he is eligible now, has great grades and from what I have heard has fit in well so far with his new team mates. Why should you really care anyway, it is obvious you are not a fan of the Big Blue! It does amaze me how many outsiders have taken an interest now in the Central football program, Thanks for watching out for their best interest! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Not a fan of any particular team in your region. I just stated the facts that your region is weak in footbal outside your region, and that Mr. Rayl would be an 18 year old Junior.

Who said anything about eligibility? I stated that he probably wouldn't be eligible to play next year, and I stated that he would be an 18 year old Junior. If you have a problem with facts, then you must want to live a sheltered life.

I'm curious as to how Mr. Rayl has great grades though, if he'll be an 18 year old Junior? Maybe he failed a few years in grade school and the high schools down your way aren't academically challenging.

if you aren't a fan of anyone... why are you even in this topic? if all you want to do is get on here and insult a student.. leave... if he is 18... maybe he started late and then had some trouble in elementary school... you question the academics of a school that you know nothing about.. you are clearly just here to start trouble... as for the 13-10 beating last year... did you see Greenbriar play? they may not have had a great record but they were a good football team.. they had a huge line.. and ran the ball well and played hard nose football... Central didn't play their best game that night either... the combination of which led to a 13-10 loss... big deal.. the Chargers bring back a veteran squad that'll come out fighting...

Not a fan of any particular team in your region. I just stated the facts that your region is weak in footbal outside your region, and that Mr. Rayl would be an 18 year old Junior.

Who said anything about eligibility? I stated that he probably wouldn't be eligible to play next year, and I stated that he would be an 18 year old Junior. If you have a problem with facts, then you must want to live a sheltered life.

I'm curious as to how Mr. Rayl has great grades though, if he'll be an 18 year old Junior? Maybe he failed a few years in grade school and the high schools down your way aren't academically challenging.

Sounds like a disgruntled Meigs fan to me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sounds like a disgruntled Meigs fan to me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

sounds like a central fan not willing to face the facts /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

if you aren't a fan of anyone... why are you even in this topic? if all you want to do is get on here and insult a student.. leave... if he is 18... maybe he started late and then had some trouble in elementary school... you question the academics of a school that you know nothing about.. you are clearly just here to start trouble... as for the 13-10 beating last year... did you see Greenbriar play? they may not have had a great record but they were a good football team.. they had a huge line.. and ran the ball well and played hard nose football... Central didn't play their best game that night either... the combination of which led to a 13-10 loss... big deal.. the Chargers bring back a veteran squad that'll come out fighting...

That big line was very successful againtst Whitehouse, who I think beat them by 35

why is everyone bashing central for being the only team in the region that was competative in the first round? wreching crew where are you from? what school do you support?

please let us in on more of you facts.....maybe everyone else on this board can learn a thing or two. you seem like you just know it all....by the way what is up with this "i THINK beat them by 35?" i thought you only know facts?