If Maryville Goes 60-0 in DI 5A

WarriorFan

Red Rebels in the words of my granddaddy, "129 is so curvy, that a good healthy maggot riding on a gut wagon, would erp before they got halfway down the mountain." /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm off work Friday. I may take me a road trip over to NC. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off work Friday. I may take me a road trip over to NC. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Solly, just make sure there ain't any smart aleck yankees riding motorcycles that day because after they say, "This road ain't nothin'" you will see one wrapped around a big white oak tree and you and momma will have to set a while, waiting on LifeStar to land......Otherwise these travel tips..Check your brakes and brake fluid, take some Dramamine, pack a couple of brown bags (empty), and stop and pee good before you leave........Happy Motoring... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ummm....last I checked, high schools were still about education first, and athletics down the line. I doubt that athletics plays as much of a role with Maryville being "open zoned" as folks like redandbalck63 want it to. It makes them feel better about their medicroity when they qualify the success of a team that owns them.

And you got your wish. Cut gone, Trooper headed to OK State. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

(I am also enjoying learning all about the history of the area. I knew I moved here for a reason. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

Ok then. Blount County is just spreading the education to as many folks as can afford it or as an alternative to the Knox County school system? I understand the concept if you're trying to build up your school enrollment, are sitting on some sort of grant or something. 4A, almost 5A is closing in on 1500 students, a portion of whom don't pay taxes in Blount County. How does that work? Tax deductions for educating the out of county folk?

Brandon, there's a new version of Company Aytch that was just released. Sam Watkins great grandaughter is adding some handwritten notes that Sam had jotted down in the margins of an original version. Sam mentioned several sympathizers were in the Knoxville area.

http://blockaderunner.com/other/hotnewitems.html

If Maryville continues their dominance in 5A. (The classification they should be in.) I will give them the credit they deserve. They will have proven they are indeed the BEST football program in the state.

I have been pretty vocal about Maryville being/playing in the classification they should be in. Alcoa is in the same boat. I am sure there are many others as well. All schools that accept tuition students should either be D II or apply the multiplier. This isn't Maryville's fault. It is an oversight by the T$$AA. These schools have the same advantage of the privates without the same restrictions. They can bring in students from anywhere if they are willing to pay a very low tuition nothing compared to private schools. So I think the T$$AA should take a long hard look at so called public schools that take tuition students and reevaluate how they will classify these schools in the future.

As far as Maryville playing D II they would dominate. Playing 5A would be a different story. I think that the Coaches/Administrators realize they would not dominate 5 A like they have 4 A. That is the very reason they are putting off the move. Matter in fact I will be very surprised if they make the move the next reclassification. In my opinion they will find a way to avoid the big boys.

you must be kidding, how would Maryville dominate in DII but might have trouble in 5A, the RUNNER UP in DII beat the 5A state champ and the 5a runner up, and the D2 champion beat the 5A runner up easily, Maryville WOULD dominate in east tennessee D2 because those teams are weak (Webb was only team in playoffs, and they were not good, MBA-49 Webb-14) but Maryville would struggle with mid-tn D2 teams (MBA, BA, Ensworth in a few years)

Now that we know you guys can give tuition and live out of the area, I have a plan! Get the Maryville boosters to pay the tuition and become the first DII public school! Imagine the possibilities!

Does franklin have a varisty team,or do they play only j.v. games as i have heard?I think they must only play j.v.games,because I never hear anything abouy u guys,and also if u had a VARISTY TEAM u wouldnt be hatein MVILLE so much.

Does franklin have a varisty team,or do they play only j.v. games as i have heard?I think they must only play j.v.games,because I never hear anything abouy u guys,and also if u had a VARISTY TEAM u wouldnt be hatein MVILLE so much.

It is evident you have no idea who I am, what I write about or what team I support. You are making yourself look silly. People who have been around here a while know who I support. It shows you have no clue, and you are trying to start trouble. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" My guess is even Maryville folks are laughing at your feeble attempt to bow up. I would be suprised if you even support Maryville. These Maryville guys and myself have been posting each other for years. We don't hate each other......we debate. Go back to your rock you crawled from under......

Ok then. Blount County is just spreading the education to as many folks as can afford it or as an alternative to the Knox County school system? I understand the concept if you're trying to build up your school enrollment, are sitting on some sort of grant or something. 4A, almost 5A is closing in on 1500 students, a portion of whom don't pay taxes in Blount County. How does that work? Tax deductions for educating the out of county folk?

Brandon, there's a new version of Company Aytch that was just released. Sam Watkins great grandaughter is adding some handwritten notes that Sam had jotted down in the margins of an original version. Sam mentioned several sympathizers were in the Knoxville area.

http://blockaderunner.com/other/hotnewitems.html

Sorry to butt in, but I love Company Aytch. I have probably read it through 5 or 6 times. I especially liked the parts where he tried different foods for the first time and got terribly sick. I remember rats and mussels from the Duck River I think. I have searched all over parts of where he fought at Stones River and Franklin - even found a CSA belt buckle where the new mall was just built in Murfreesboro. One of my employees was just named historian for the state of TN SCV. I know this is a football board, but I couldn't resist.

Just to keep it on topic, go Maryville!

Brandon other Southern sympathizers in Maryville were these family names...Toole, Cates (there is a Cates street in Maryville, one member of this family was a physician), and of further interest to you was another who relocated to Franklin, Tn. at the end of the Civil War, an attorney named Jesse G. Wallace.

Back to footbawl.......

Brandon other Southern sympathizers in Maryville were these family names...Toole, Cates (there is a Cates street in Maryville, one member of this family was a physician), and of further interest to you was another who relocated to Franklin, Tn. at the end of the Civil War, an attorney named Jesse G. Wallace.

Back to footbawl.......

Thank you Stars n Bars. I will go to the website and get the book you guys are talking about. It sounds like a book we need in our school system......I forgot......no politically INcorrect books are taught in our schools.....

OK.....back to the thread that I have worked hard to start (you guys know I do work hard at getting you guys going)......is it agreed that Maryville/Alcoa (from the data we have looked at on this board) will accept students from outside of the county on a tuition basis?

It is evident you have no idea who I am, what I write about or what team I support. You are making yourself look silly. People who have been around here a while know who I support. It shows you have no clue, and you are trying to start trouble. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" My guess is even Maryville folks are laughing at your feeble attempt to bow up. I would be suprised if you even support Maryville. These Maryville guys and myself have been posting each other for years. We don't hate each other......we debate. Go back to your rock you crawled from under......

I for one was chuckling pretty hard.

Thank you Stars n Bars. I will go to the website and get the book you guys are talking about. It sounds like a book we need in our school system......I forgot......no politically INcorrect books are taught in our schools.....

OK.....back to the thread that I have worked hard to start (you guys know I do work hard at getting you guys going)......is it agreed that Maryville/Alcoa (from the data we have looked at on this board) will accept students from outside of the county on a tuition basis?

Technically yes students from outside the county can attend

realistically I don't think they would ever get in with all the criteria before them