If Maryville Goes 60-0 in DI 5A

WarriorFan

OK guys, this is my last thread of the year regarding football. Today, I was posting with Pepvol, and had a thought.......what if Maryville goes 60-0 in 5A? What will be the outcry of DI schools? What will the TSSAA member schools do to try and get them out of DI? Will they try to send them to their own league (by themselves)? Will they try to throw them to DII by saying they have kids going there out of zone and that they pay tuition to attend? This is a VERY serious topic. Let's hear some discussion.....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, this is my last thread of the year regarding football. Today, I was posting with Pepvol, and had a thought.......what if Maryville goes 60-0 in 5A? What will be the outcry of DI schools? What will the TSSAA member schools do to try and get them out of DI? Will they try to send them to their own league (by themselves)? Will they try to throw them to DII by saying they have kids going there out of zone and that they pay tuition to attend? This is a VERY serious topic. Let's hear some discussion.....

Easy answer......AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

If Maryvil were as good as they thought they were then they would have moved up 2 years ago. Why claim to be the best and stay 4A?

Big fish, not the biggest pond. At least play some DII teams in the regular season. Start with Webb, then maybe McCallie, and Ryan. After that, see how goes it with the big boyz from mid TN.

Smyrna is 5A. Wilson Central 5A. We step up.

Question -

Let's assume before this year that Maryville had wanted to go to 5A. Could they have moved up voluntarily since it wasn't a complete reclassification year? I really don't know.

(Knows the floodgate he is opening up, but hopes he can find a legitimate answer in the midst of what is about to be posted here.....)

I know you love them but really this is a little over board. I like them Rebs too. I made it a point after the All Star game to run down Douglas and shake his hand. Told him i'll see him on ESPN. My dude did lay a little hit on him said he was a big target lol. Hey it's like this we are just getting tired of you all winning to much. *wink*. When you get right down to it you guys are a well coached and disciplined team that works together better than most over the last, what 12 or 13 years. Next year you will be 4A as well and i look for you and Henry Co. to be in the State game next season.

Oh yeah did you guys enjoy All Star game i thought they pulled it off very well for the 1st one. I know my son had a great time and enjoyed meeting some of the best players in the State East and West . We are wishing them all the best and hope all of them play on Saturday's /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know you love them but really this is a little over board. I like them Rebs too. I made it a point after the All Star game to run down Douglas and shake his hand. Told him i'll see him on ESPN. My dude did lay a little hit on him said he was a big target lol. Hey it's like this we are just getting tired of you all winning to much. *wink*. When you get right down to it you guys are a well coached and disciplined team that works together better than most over the last, what 12 or 13 years. Next year you will be 4A as well and i look for you and Henry Co. to be in the State game next season.

Oh yeah did you guys enjoy All Star game i thought they pulled it off very well for the 1st one. I know my son had a great time and enjoyed meeting some of the best players in the State East and West . We are wishing them all the best and hope all of them play on Saturday's /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where is your son going Golfendude? Good luck to him where ever he may go .

Guys.....I really believe there is only a few teams in the state in 5A that might have a chance with Maryville year end and out. If they aren't bracketed in the playoffs with Maryville, these guys could do it and have alot of folks eating crow. These guys believe they can win whatever division they play. They aren't skeered of 5A at all. I don't blame them. Again....you will see Maryville pretty consistant in the semis year end and out, and in the championship game pretty often. 5A teams are more scared of them than they are of the 5A teams. They will be a dominate team in 5A.

Guest workinprogress

Guys.....I really believe there is only a few teams in the state in 5A that might have a chance with Maryville year end and out. If they aren't bracketed in the playoffs with Maryville, these guys could do it and have alot of folks eating crow. These guys believe they can win whatever division they play. They aren't skeered of 5A at all. I don't blame them. Again....you will see Maryville pretty consistant in the semis year end and out, and in the championship game pretty often. 5A teams are more scared of them than they are of the 5A teams. They will be a dominate team in 5A.

Maryville is good, darn good. What they have accomplished will set the bar for many years to come. All good things tend to come to an end at some point. Keep in mind that no matter how good you are there is almost always someone better. When Maryville moves up to 5A they will not likely go 60-0. Even if they stay in 4A or even go down to 3A going 60-0 is very unlikely. Everybody has their good days and their bad days. Im throwing in as many cliches as possible! Eventually someone is going to have Maryville's number and on one night Maryville will have an off game. They will lose. Everyone does. I agree that they will be a dominate team. However saying that they will reach the semis every year is a bit brassy. A lot of east tn folks think their region is the best. They may have something to say about someone saying that Maryville will dominate them consistently. Even if they do dominate no one is going to say put them in another class. No one did it to Riverdale.

Where is your son going Golfendude? Good luck to him where ever he may go .

pepvol since i have a daughter at UT i would not mind seeing him there. Our first DREAM would be for Vandy to come calling. He makes the grades to go and ACT score has him qualified. Our local APSU wants him and Memphis has interest. He has been trying to makeup for lost time on the field. His Jr. year 1st day of spring practice tore his ACL made it back for the last few season games and the playoffs. We hoping for the best here. If he was to end up at UT i can tell you this we will be moving to Maryville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Question -

Let's assume before this year that Maryville had wanted to go to 5A. Could they have moved up voluntarily since it wasn't a complete reclassification year? I really don't know.

(Knows the floodgate he is opening up, but hopes he can find a legitimate answer in the midst of what is about to be posted here.....)

No...they wouldn't have been able to move up unless their enrollment increased by 20%. I would think there is a possibility of petitioning the board of control...but I wouldn't think that would happen.

Maryville has been very successful at winning games...obviously. 4a is no creampuff class either. It will be interesting to see how they do in 5a if they do indeed move up in 2009.

pepvol since i have a daughter at UT i would not mind seeing him there. Our first DREAM would be for Vandy to come calling. He makes the grades to go and ACT score has him qualified. Our local APSU wants him and Memphis has interest. He has been trying to makeup for lost time on the field. His Jr. year 1st day of spring practice tore his ACL made it back for the last few season games and the playoffs. We hoping for the best here. If he was to end up at UT i can tell you this we will be moving to Maryville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Golfendude I can see the next thread now."what does everybody think about Maryville recruiting golfendudes grandkids" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

seriously Brandon100 I have no idea how Maryville will adjust to 5a. I think without question the best team Maryville played this year was william blount who was a 5a 1/4final team. but i believe they had like 40 seniors or something and probably are going to be down next year from this year. my point is teams tend to cycle every few years with athletes and it will depend on what region MHS ends up in and their cycle of athletes. IMHO they could have won it all pretty handily in 05 and 06 this year who knows?