Mr. Basketball Favorites (A) from the 1st half of the season?

yomomma

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with MJ Brown right now.....

I would also go with MJ Brown as the favorite right now.He is the leader on the best single A team in the state.Averaging around 20 points a game with about 6-7 rebs and assists a game.The other 2 nominees will be Demario Williams and Carter Mcmasters,even though i dont think that McMasters should be in there.He will because of his name and being listed as a top 5 senior this year.The honarable mention will be Jeremy Sexton(Temple),Reggie Buckner(Manassas),and Jamie Cheirs(Middleton).

I had an opportunity to see MJ Brown this past weekend at the Battle of the State. He would have to be a favorite yet again his play is limited due to the depth that Union City has. They are doing as they did last year by either slowing the tempo late in the game or simply have blown out their opponent. MJ will definite get more exposure being the reigning Mr. Basketball.

Hey P & G, we are back in the BIG UC for the holidays. It is good to be back. Thanks for the good wishes. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I would also go with MJ Brown as the favorite right now.He is the leader on the best single A team in the state.Averaging around 20 points a game with about 6-7 rebs and assists a game.The other 2 nominees will be Demario Williams and Carter Mcmasters,even though i dont think that McMasters should be in there.He will because of his name and being listed as a top 5 senior this year.The honarable mention will be Jeremy Sexton(Temple),Reggie Buckner(Manassas),and Jamie Cheirs(Middleton).

MJ Brown from Union City this year.

Jeremy Sexton from Temple next year. Last year when I saw them in the state tournaments I was amazed to hear that he was only a Sophomore last year. He would have a great case this year but IMO MJ is the best Single A player in the state this year!

Jeremy Sexton, Carter Mcmasters, kid from UC....????? I know Sexton is averaging 26 and 8 per game, Carter about 20, and that UC kid is doing well also!!!!

Ross Albright, White House Heritage. Avg. 24.4 PPG and 5 rebounds and several steals per game. He is Junior this year. After sitting out 2 periods with two rolled ankles he came is with twenty seconds left to hit the game winning trey to seal the victory against McEwen. He get's my vote. To bad it doesn't count!

Albright is a good ballplayer but no were near the best in the state in 1a... if you put him on a team like Manassas, union city, humbolt, or csas he would not even stand out..... The candidates are more than likely already made up in the minds of the people voting anyway..... The top 3 at the end of the year will be as follows....I will almost guarantee it....

MJ Brown

Carter McMasters

Demario Williams

MJ Brown will win it, and is playing on the 2nd best team in the state UC.... I say that because I think that Manassas is a little better, played the best team in the state Ridgeway within 6... One of the two will win it....

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've seen McMasters play, don't see him being that good. He only had 12 against PC. I'll take Jacob Wright, pound for pound, he's one of the best players I've seen. He's averaging around 28 points, with a very high shooting percentage. As for my other two, MJ Brown and Demario Williams, not seen either play but Brown won it last year, and Demario has been a finalist before.