DII outlook

redmatfan

Walkenvol-

The thing is it's not even a poor attitude as a bitterness toward something that is an old wound; an old wound that you yourself dreamed up.

As I recall, there must have been a lot of people dreaming the same thing because almost everyone in the arena knew the story and was aware of what we were watching. Whether it was all a big mass dream or not, the irony in the whole thing is that the decisions made then turned out to help cement another state championship for Baylor. Better yet, a great family with two kids that have contributed greatly to the Baylor community with their academic achievements, their character, and one with some wrestling ability as well, was steered in Baylor's direction. The Baylor family sure came out ahead in that deal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, there must have been a lot of people dreaming the same thing because almost everyone in the arena knew the story and was aware of what we were watching. Whether it was all a big mass dream or not, the irony in the whole thing is that the decisions made then turned out to help cement another state championship for Baylor. Better yet, a great family with two kids that have contributed greatly to the Baylor community with their academic achievements, their character, and one with some wrestling ability as well, was steered in Baylor's direction. The Baylor family sure came out ahead in that deal.

I am glad we have Walkenvol at Baylor, he is a good writer and types well. Alex is a great wrestler, hard worker, great student, I could go on and on but it took me 7 minutes to just type this.

BareCat:

Under the Father Ryan/Brentwood match topic, cbq inquired as to why Brewer, Lawrence, Miller and Goodrum did not wrestle in the match, and rasslinlite, an apparent fan of the Purple Irish based on prior posts, responded " hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt".

So, what have you done to cause this rash of injuries to fall upon the wannabe Irish ? Have you promised the man upstairs that you would be more than just a C&E Catholic this year ( that's Christmas and Easter for you non-Catholics) or did you make a pact with the dark side. Strange that these injuries should coincide with HarryT's return to the board.

Injuries to the upper half of the Ryan lineup would be a big swing in favor of your second favorite team. To keep it a close match that could go either way, FR needs to be at full strength in the upper weights. Losses to injury up top might even cause your warning about that other papist school that dresses in purple slipping into the final against TBSFBG to come to fruition. Walkenvol previously bemoaned the fact that TBSFBG had some injuries that could be a factor, but it looks like he might have been doing a little sandbagging with the way those kids wrestled down in Georgia at the Kyle Maynard Duals. Looks like we might have to wait to see who Ryan trots out on the mat against most-hated rival MBA the Friday before duals to see if I should join you in Clarksville-----------did you say something about girls gone wild being there?

In Vegas, this is called hedging your bet.

That said, let me respond to your weight by weight red-haze colored dream:

103 Johnny Maurizi vs Zack Watson.....................Watson pin 6-0 MAYBE.

112 Anthony Simpson vs Alex Manley.................. Manley pin 12-0 A WIN BUT NOT BY PIN.

119 Chaz Griffith vs Stuart Doster....................... Doster maj 16-0 A WIN BUT NOT BY MAJOR

125 Matt Brewer vs Mr Whitaker.......................... Mr Whitaker pin 22-0 MAJ OR MAYBE, NO PIN.

130 Nick Bateman Vs Cole Hayes....................... Hayes pin 28-0 NOT GONNA HAPPEN. BATEMAN COULD WIN THIS ONE. KEY MATCH.

135 Cody Austell vs Trey Stavrum...................... Stavrum dec 31-0 MAYBE. ANOTHER SWING MATCH.

140 Dustin Hussey vs Chance Hayes................... Hayes pin 37-0. DON"T SEE A PIN HERE.

145 Patrick Marchetti vs Adam Shuford............... Marchetti dec 37-3 MAJOR DECISION FOR MR. MARCHETTI

152 Matt Lawrence vs Colton Popp..................... Popp maj 41-3 MAYBE.

160 Ryne Miller vs Wesley Idellett...................... Idellett dec 44-3 NO WAY IF MILLER IS HEALTHY. MILLER DEC.

171 Michael Goodrum vs David Helton................ Goodrum dec 44-6 GOODRUM PIN.

189 Mix vs John Mackey.................................... Mix pin vs Mackey 44-11........ Green dec 47-6 MIX PIN. DON"T KNOW WHO GREEN IS. IF HE IS WHAT YOU SAY, THEN THIS COULD BE A KEY MATCH IN TERMS OF MIX GETTING OR NOT GETTING A PIN.

215 Clanton vs Joe Scott................................. Clanton dec 44-14........ 47-9 CLANTON MAJOR DEC.

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson............................. Herrman pin 44-20....... 47-15 HERMAN PIN.

I have it about 29-21 Father Ryan, not including 130, 135 and 140. That's where I think the match will be won or lost. If Ryan can stay away from pins there and maybe even win one it will be a close match that Ryan can win. IF your predictions ring true, then TBSFBG will win.

The BUCK stops here.

I only have 2 comments. Wait till you see Cole Hayes! Marchetti is Good, but I have NEVER seen Shufford get Majored.

If Marchetti is now a 140 lbr, the individual match of this dual will be him and Chance Hayes IMHO. Chance has been wrestling as well as anyone on the Red team lately. Our other Watson has been making good progress of late and I'm optimistic he can give Herrman a battle. I'm looking to lay a significant bet that Mix will not get his pin. If anyone is interested we'll get together off-line with the details.

D II 2008 Resolutions:

1) Unlike Auburn still clinging on to Bo and Bama the Bear, as a D II fan I will no longer cling on to the great chair tossing episode nor bore the Coach T boards by still holding the blue accountable for decisions made a gizzillion years ago, dream or no dream.

2) Never skip reading CoachT for a week so I will never miss a BCB and HT's meeting notice again.

3) Try and convice at least one cute cheerleader to show up to at least one wrasslin match this year. Whats wrong with these young boys anyway?

4) If old, fat, and disgusting, never spar with an existing high school student Coach T poster once identified.

5) If young, sexy, and arrogant, never drop an opportunity to spar with an old, fat, disgusting Coach T poster once identified.

6) Coach T posters with too many mortages, pounds, and/or tuition payments can't be held accountable for anything they posted over 30 days old.

7) Once they bring your sisters into the mix, a Coach T poster can start asking questions about the other posters ex-hottie-girlfriends.

8) As the Beach Boys said: "Be true to your school" even that means you have a bunch of them.

9) Buy Bear Cat, Harry, Big Red, and W90 a big tall one next time I seem them. Though I suspect W90 might have to wait about 4 more years.

10) As that we are running out of time for this season, put more post on Coach T to ###### everyone off that can't be a BLUE fan!

D II 2008 Resolutions:

1) Unlike Auburn still clinging on to Bo and Bama the Bear, as a D II fan I will no longer cling on to the great chair tossing episode nor bore the Coach T boards by still holding the blue accountable for decisions made a gizzillion years ago, dream or no dream.

2) Never skip reading CoachT for a week so I will never miss a BCB and HT's meeting notice again.

3) Try and convice at least one cute cheerleader to show up to at least one wrasslin match this year. Whats wrong with these young boys anyway?

4) If old, fat, and disgusting, never spar with an existing high school student Coach T poster once identified.

5) If young, sexy, and arrogant, never drop an opportunity to spar with an old, fat, disgusting Coach T poster once identified.

6) Coach T posters with too many mortages, pounds, and/or tuition payments can't be held accountable for anything they posted over 30 days old.

7) Once they bring your sisters into the mix, a Coach T poster can start asking questions about the other posters ex-hottie-girlfriends.

8) As the Beach Boys said: "Be true to your school" even that means you have a bunch of them.

9) Buy Bear Cat, Harry, Big Red, and W90 a big tall one next time I seem them. Though I suspect W90 might have to wait about 4 more years.

10) As that we are running out of time for this season, put more post on Coach T to ###### everyone off that can't be a BLUE fan!

All in all, I'd say things are looking up for you in '08. #2 & #9 display some positive decision making on your part.

If Marchetti is now a 140 lbr, the individual match of this dual will be him and Chance Hayes IMHO. Chance has been wrestling as well as anyone on the Red team lately. Our other Watson has been making good progress of late and I'm optimistic he can give Herrman a battle. I'm looking to lay a significant bet that Mix will not get his pin. If anyone is interested we'll get together off-line with the details.

WV........ Marchetti did bump down to 140 at the Ryan Invitational. Hussey went up to 145 at the tournament. Ryne Miller slid down to 152 and Wes Wesley was at 160 for Ryan. So, that might change the matchups at 140-160 to Marchetti-Hayes, Hussey-Shuford, Miller-Popp and Wesley-Idellette. This possible NashVegas Shuffle could make 140-160 the swing match-ups in a Ryan-TBSFBG contest.

Your 275 will need to step it up against Hermann. He got caught with a sweet little trip by the Franklin 275 in the quarterfinals but otherwise looked pretty beastly.

As for a Mix bet, would that be a Mix-Mackey matchup or a Mix-Green matchup? BCB seems to think that Green is Baylor's hidden weapon----------have you been drinking some of that red colored kool-aid that BCB was dispensing until he went strangely quiet? Are you guys trying to hustle us rubes up here in Middle Tennessee? What is the scoop on the Green kid?

What is the scoop on the Green kid?

Unfortunately, Frank the tank is dry docked for this season so will you be banking the no pin for Mix wager?

No disrespect for Mr. Herrman. My optimism is based solely on the progress of our other Watson - not an underestimation of Herrman.

Funny - FR's Wesley vs Bay's Wesley Idellette

One and a half more years allsaints. One and a half!

Yeah W90, just make sure its the entire 1 and 1/2 years. Not 1 and 1/4 of a year, not 1/2 year, and certainly not this weekend! And please make sure that special someone I know stays on the straight and narrow for the entire 1 and 1/2 year as well. I will owe you big time!

at collins hill mix pinned a kid that mackey lost to...i bet he gets the pin. Also i hear Green is just injuried and will be back. if that is the case mix will have a tough one

D II 2008 Resolutions:

Can't blame you on this one- I would want it dropped too-

Can't blame you on this one either- some of the most crucial issues of our time are resolved at these meetings

Sadly- it will never happen-

I can't think of anyone that fits the first description- can you?

Ditto-

I think this is already an unwritten rule-

Ditto-

This must get complicated- I am afreaid I would become badly confused-

They will very much appreciate it. I guess the 4 years is an inside joke-

That is what it is all about-