the 2nd half for 1a

dchcindian2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you RangerCountryabout the Cosby team. And I believe District 2 is going to get swept again this year. Cosby and Hancock are not even close to what they once were. The days of the Seal brothers and Josh Webb are over...

I wouldn't count Cosby out just yet , they'r starting to play some really good ball here lately. We mopped the floor with N.G. the other day who has played everyone in district 1 fairly tough. Lost a close one to Cloudland early at Cloudland. Cosby stands a good chance to win district 2 and your worst team to make regionals won't beat us in the tournament.

Well if I had to pick the way the regional bracket would go tommorrow if we was playing it would go as this.

Region 1A you have

Cloudland 5-2 - who is tied with hampton for second place whoever wins will move in as second place in the WVC.

University School- 4-1 seems as if they will finish first in the conference and go in as the # 1 seed

Hampton- 5-2 like I said tied with Cloudland whoever wins will finish 2nd place most likely.

Unaka- 1-6 will play North Greene in the play in game to see who moves on to the districts.

North Greene- 1-5 Plays Unaka to see who moves on to districts.

I will go out on a limb and say it will go in this order for the regionals. 1.Univeristy High 2.Cloudland

3. Hampton 4.Unaka

For Region 2 you have

Hancock County- 8-1 who is tied with Cosby.

Cosby- 7-1 who is tied with Hancock

Washburn who is 5-3

Jellico who is 2-5

1.Hancock County 2.Cosby 3.Washburn 4.Jellico

so it seems like the matchups will go as followed.

#1Hancock County vs Unaka#4- Hancock County is way tougher than Unaka and about slipped by them last year with returning 4 starters and the way their playing Hancock moves on.

#2 Cosby vs Hampton#3- Hampton is way to physical on the inside for Cosby to matchup with.

#3Washburn vs Cloudland#2- Cloudland wins this one to smart of a team and playing really good basketball at the moment.

#4 Jellico vs Univeristy School#1- University School to quick and to many weapons.

So by projecting all of this it will go like this.

Hancock County vs Cloudland- Cloudland

Hampton Vs University High- University High

I will go out on a limb and say Cloudland pulls off the upset just for the fact Ned Smith will find someway to stop and contest Josh Padgett and slow down the pace of the game which Cloudland seems to be on top of their game when things are going that way.

Good luck to all the Region 2 and Region 1 teams and have a safe trip /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I could see that actually happening.. I wouldnt be surprised though if someone takes a flop to put them in a better position of an easier game to go to substate certain teams matchup differently against each other and I wouldnt be surprised if one of these coaches take a game off to give their team possibly a better matchup game.