1st AP Poll

CoachD33

C'mon, I don't post that much...Do I? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'm only about 500 posts behind!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This discussion happens every year: The rankings are always the opinion of a few based on the information they have. I don't think anyone has really seen all these teams from all the different divisions.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised not to see Stone Memorial in your AA top ten.They are 15-1 and beat LA in the preseason. Their only loss has been to Clarkrange.

LA has improved a lot since the beginning of the season and in my opinion should be #1 in AA after the win over Jackson County. I'm not saying Stone Memorial shouldn't be in the the top ten because I haven't seen them play but you can't compare preseason LA to the LA that is playing now.

Class A Girls

1. Jackson Co.

2. Clarkrange

3. Middleton

4. Wayne Co.

5. Collinwood

6. Westmoreland

7. Forrest

8. Peabody

9. Richland

10. Cloudland

Class AA Girls

1. Gibson Co.

2. Obion Co.

3. Livingston Acad.

4. Milan

5. Upperman

6. McMinn Central

7. Station Camp

8. Marshall Co.

9. Jackson Northside

10. Mitchell

Class AAA Girls

1. Wilson Central

2. Mt. Juliet

3. Hillsboro

4. Millington

5. Oak Ridge

6. Smyrna

7. Heritage

8. Mem. Northside

9. Cleveland

10. Lavergne

D-2 Girls

1. Webb

2. Ensworth

3. Lausanne

4. Briarcrest

5. PJP

6. St. Benedict

7. Brentwood Acad.

8. Harpeth Hall

9. SBEC

10. St. Andrews

Could you please tell me when the AP poll was or will be printed in the Tennessean? Would like to see it. Thanks A lot.

You can't compare preseason, camps, to regular season for any team.

I think it varies from team to team. Our summer schedule we get all we can get out of our 10 days. We played 22 games in those 10 days. Each summer we treat it like a real season even though we have less practice times and all. The last two summers have been a pretty good measurement on how we've done. Of course this all depends on who you play in the summer. We played some pretty good teams this summer. We beat some really good teams from TN and MS. 2A Water Valley 17-2 and 4A Clarksdale 12-3 in MS are doing pretty good right now. Both of those teams had good summers and they've built on that success. It all depends on how your summer is approached and how much you get to put in.

The only thing that can change that is if you don't have all of your key players with the team over the summer or preseason or injuires.

D-2 Girls

1. Webb

2. Ensworth

3. Lausanne

4. Briarcrest

5. PJP

6. St. Benedict

7. Brentwood Acad.

8. Harpeth Hall

9. SBEC

10. St. Andrews

Thanks for the nod NWhoopaholic. St. Benedict is a Young & up and coming Team. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Does anyone have the ACTUAL AP poll that came out early today.. I know from published reports that in Class 2A that Gibson Co. is #1, Obion Central is #3, Jax-North Side is #6 and Milan is #8 .. But what about the complete poll in all three classes(especially 1A and 2A) ,, thank ya, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Does anyone have the ACTUAL AP poll that came out early today.. I know from published reports that in Class 2A that Gibson Co. is #1, Obion Central is #3, Jax-North Side is #6 and Milan is #8 .. But what about the complete poll in all three classes(especially 1A and 2A) ,, thank ya, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Front page of CoachT this morining.............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />