AP Polls

Ticket

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just telling you why Hampton is 6 positions higher in the ranking than Grace. Some teams have some lucky breaks go their way and come out with a victory. If you want to say that they "just no how to win", then that is cool with me. Hampton will just have to learn to not get careless and put a team away when they have dominated the opposing team the entire night...

So now your saying Grace was just lucky to beat Hampton. Just Admit you got beat, its crazy that even when you loose you talk trash. Just take it like a man and deal with it. And I guess Hampton just got Careless and Grace had nothing to do with it. Oh and by the way Grace did win and only played an average game for them, they by no means were at the top of their game that night. But hey maybe you will get another chance to dominate them.

I checked out Nashville Christian Advancement Academy. They are no doubt a great team. They do play Oak Hill and they travel around a bit. They also have the unlimited ability to recruit and I guess that might leave them out of the AP polls since they are not TSSAA. However, after looking them over, their opponents, how bad they beat certain teams, the lossing teams win/loss and strenghth of schedule and how bad other teams beat the same teams; I think they are no doubt one of the best. There is no way though one could say they are bar none the best in the state though. Many of their wins are over small schools. They have beat some average to good larger schools, but those same teams have been handled by a larger margin than what Nashville Christian Advancement Academy won by. Either way, I will be impressed if they beat Oak Hill, even though Oak Hill is a bit down from their usual status.

THIS SCHOOL HAS NO RULES OR AGE LIMITS NO PRACTICE RULES A BIG BUDGET THEY CAN RECRUIT PLAYERS THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY TSSAA SCHOOLS. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM PLAYING TSSAA TEAMS.

I think CPA is the most wronged in this poll. Harpeth lost to Sycamore and Livingston Academy, but were in those games and could beat either on a given night. Harpeth was never in either CPA game. CPA beat Harpeth at home by 17 with Z dropping in around 36 and got beat at CPA by 40+ with Miller going off for 46. I don't see Sycamore or LA staying with CPA for more than a half. I don't think anyone in 11AA belongs in the top 10. Harpeth beats Creekwood by 10 or more, Sycamore beats Harpeth by around 10 and then loses the very next game to Creekwood by 16. Rather than include Creekwood because of that win over Sycamore, I'd exclude both of them from consideration. 11AA is a little down this year imo. Sycamore and Creekwood play CPA twice and they've got 2 more losses on their record.

Bolivar is much more athletic than LA. They are a 'chunk it and chase it' team and can get alot of points off offensive rebounds. Saw them play Dyer County in a close game. Livingston Academy mostly shoots well. They aren't particularly athletic, but fundamentally sound and good shooters. They remind more of Harpeth when they are hitting on all cylinders or Sycamore than anything else.

I don't know much about how these polls, but I'm sure CPA will be in the top 10 at the end of the year based on on the court play instead of whoever is voting in these things that probably have never seen most of the teams play. CPA's biggest downside is depth. Their starting 5 are solid.

You are right about CPA being wronged in this poll. I still can't believe it. Strength of schedule included...CPA should be there. I think they will be there sooner than the end of the year, maybe even next week after 3 district plays this week. About the depth being an issue, it's getting to be less of an issue. There are now 7 or 8 reliable players that Maddox has been able to sub in. It's not as dynamic as the starting 5, but still better than what it was at the start of season. I stand by my belief that as long as they can stay out of foul trouble...they'll be at the 'boro on March 15th!

THIS SCHOOL HAS NO RULES OR AGE LIMITS NO PRACTICE RULES A BIG BUDGET THEY CAN RECRUIT PLAYERS THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY TSSAA SCHOOLS. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM PLAYING TSSAA TEAMS.

1. Stop yelling at me, my ears hurt.

2. They don't play TSSAA teams in the post season.

3. Some TSSAA schools actually want to get better, and playing a team like NCAA (no way? nice...) might do that. But ah yes I forget the emphasis of high school sports (in Tennessee at least) is to win no matter if it means dumbing down your schedule. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

So now your saying Grace was just lucky to beat Hampton. Just Admit you got beat, its crazy that even when you loose you talk trash. Just take it like a man and deal with it. And I guess Hampton just got Careless and Grace had nothing to do with it. Oh and by the way Grace did win and only played an average game for them, they by no means were at the top of their game that night. But hey maybe you will get another chance to dominate them.

Saw the game. Hamton is the better team, especially come March. Only reason this Grace won the game is because Hampton's PG (who had just been out off football for like 2 weeks) along with at least 3 or 4 other players) made a few stupid mistakes. Mistakes he won't make come tourny time.

Howard has played and beat all of the following. Cleveland, Red Bank, Brainerd twice and Has Austin East later down the road! Austin East and Brainerd are two teams who are ranked in the top 5 so what are you talking about you dont even know anything about Howard because you havent seen them play. They have the same team that made state last year and they now return 6'7" Wing Dominique Harper

yes but look at both of there schedules. and there average ppg and points allowed per game. dyer county is blowing people away. howard is not. plain and simple. itd be nice to see us rated higher but whatever. these polls mean nothing when it comes to tournament time.

Marshall Co. was without their only guy over 6'4'' in the Culleoka game. Kedren Johnson also was in his first game back. In my opinion, it would be hard to find a team that shoots the three as good as they do. They also force the tempo somewhat which can be tough for teams in this area to match up.

Saw the game. Hamton is the better team, especially come March. Only reason this Grace won the game is because Hampton's PG (who had just been out off football for like 2 weeks) along with at least 3 or 4 other players) made a few stupid mistakes. Mistakes he won't make come tourny time.

Grace knows too well about about the guys who were just coming off football