Boyd Buchanan

chattparrot

If the administrators at Boyd Buchanan don't find a Coach for the Girls Basketball program soon. There won't be a Girls Basketball program nest year. The present coaches of Brown and Sewell maybe good teachers and may have played some Basketball outside of High School, but that doesn't translate into the ability to Coach.

If the administrators at Boyd Buchanan don't find a Coach for the Girls Basketball program soon. There won't be a Girls Basketball program nest year. The present coaches of Brown and Sewell maybe good teachers and may have played some Basketball outside of High School, but that doesn't translate into the ability to Coach.

I don't really think that the coaches are doing that bad of a job considering what they have to work with. And by that, I don't mean that the girls aren't that good. I mean that there aren't that many girls to pick a team from in the school. Boyd Buchanan is a small school forced to play up (multiplier) in a tough district. And because of that, it will be hard if not impossible to find a "great coach" to come. I've watched this team play a few of times, and at first the coach didn't impress me, but what's wrong with Boyd isn't her fault. In a word it's the multiplier that's killing you.

I don't really think that the coaches are doing that bad of a job considering what they have to work with. And by that, I don't mean that the girls aren't that good. I mean that there aren't that many girls to pick a team from in the school. Boyd Buchanan is a small school forced to play up (multiplier) in a tough district. And because of that, it will be hard if not impossible to find a "great coach" to come. I've watched this team play a few of times, and at first the coach didn't impress me, but what's wrong with Boyd isn't her fault. In a word it's the multiplier that's killing you.

I would agree if you could get all of your returning players to come back out, but there not! There is at least 6 who would play if the circumstances where different. They sure come out for all of the other sports. They are fine ladies just do not have the ability to attract kid and coach them up.

I would agree if you could get all of your returning players to come back out, but there not! There is at least 6 who would play if the circumstances where different. They sure come out for all of the other sports. They are fine ladies just do not have the ability to attract kid and coach them up.

Could the 6 not be playing because they did not want to work hard, academic problems, or family issues. Got to be more to it than 6 don't want to play for her. You have to work hard to play in that district. From the outside looking in the girls seem to be more fundamental and play as a team than even last year. So they must be learning something about basketball. This is the coaching staffs 2nd year, I think, so give them some slack. It took Tellico 5 years to turn things around when they entered that district. New coaching staff and new district play... hmmm sounds pretty challenging job to me. Plus the fact that all of their players are worth 1.8... so be realistic!!!

Could the 6 not be playing because they did not want to work hard, academic problems, or family issues. Got to be more to it than 6 don't want to play for her. You have to work hard to play in that district. From the outside looking in the girls seem to be more fundamental and play as a team than even last year. So they must be learning something about basketball. This is the coaching staffs 2nd year, I think, so give them some slack. It took Tellico 5 years to turn things around when they entered that district. New coaching staff and new district play... hmmm sounds pretty challenging job to me. Plus the fact that all of their players are worth 1.8... so be realistic!!!

I agree with you Camper...cut the coaches and the players some slack! They just moved out of a not so good district in single A to a good one in AA. The transition is tough if you're getting a lot of students at the school but not a lot of atheletes that are included in those numbers. Boyd has some good players that are hard workers, because they were competetive in single A... but if the players really want to get better they're gonna have to work at it in the offseason like everyone else that has an established program. I think right now they have to realize that they're going thru a really rough season right now, but that everything can change once tournaments start.

There are 9 schools that moved up due to the multiplier. BBS is one of them. This team would compete for the state tournament in 1A in the chattanooga area. As a matter of fact, BBS went to the sectionals in their last year of 1A ball with a team that is not nearly as good as this one. As for the 6 players that did not come out, most of them were not very good to be honest and didnt get any playing time last year. One was a team cancer that the girls loved not having out and the other one plays select soccer and will probably play in college. So we need to get facts straight before u come on here and rip people for not being a good coach. That's whats wrong with these boards. Alot of ignorant people making comments they know nothing about!

I've taken up for the coach, at least for giving her more time. This year has been a big improvement from last year, if you ask me. I also think that holding every student that's NOT playing against the coach is unfair. First, the girls that are playing are doing so in a pretty good district. Unless Boyd gets a special group of girls, and were talking about 6-7 players at a minimum, they are going to be challenged to have a winning season in this district. The girls that are playing are doing so with the knowledge that they have a tough battle on their hands. That makes them pretty special young ladies. But you can see where some students would choose to forgo basketball. But, the coach can only coach the students that are willing to play.

Their lack of success despite having a couple of good players is solid argument on why there's no reason for an across the board multiplier for Division I private schools. There's a forum for public-private talk but I will say if there was a complete split you might have Boyd-Buchanan, along with Chattanooga Christian and Grace, maybe Temple some years, fighting it out for a smaller-class Chattanooga-area district title. Baylor, GPS and probably Notre Dame would be in the larger group, maybe with Webb and/or Knoxville Catholic. The only time Boyd might see a Brainerd or McMinn Central could be in a tournament or if they scheduled non-district for some reason.