Grace Baptist @ CSAS

WCAballa11

couple more thoughts.

deere should play more, johnson is a spot up three point shooter, against a tough man to man defender he is somewhat a liability, johnson is much more effective against a zone defense.

csas is not that talented, one possible college player in dontay. and where is he going to go play? maybe no where. cobb, mckoy, ball, townsend etc... solid high school players. no more no less. grace has 3 legimate college ball players. mcmasters, shaugnassay, and herman. none will be at duke, but all will continue their basketball careers at some level of collegiate basketball. all of csas' players would struggle for a starting spot at howard, who would sit if dontay was in the lineup at tip off. the rest of the patriots would be role players at best. let's get realistic about the talent at csas, they win because of their ability to come together as a unit, dontay makes them all better. cobb occasionally chooses to iignore an extra pass, but other than that their is no issue with individuals and that is why they have been successful.

I agree 100%. This is the best assesment of this CSAS team. Grace is much more talented in 3 of the 5 postions on the court. If they played to their strenghts they would solidly be one of the best teams in the state. Add a true point guard to thier team... you get the picture. To be honest that's why i like dragoo as a coach. He may not be the best (I don't know who is) but he's not the worst. He's good for the type of players that CSAS has. Some of those guys playing now had NO basketball talent or potential coming in and now they are winning 20+ games a year and have played in a state final and have a good shot to return

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dadoffour you used to make intelligent and insightful post... even if you are for Temple. I'm disapointed in you now but I'm willing to forgive and forget and just hoping that you are making these ignorant post only because CSAS drilled Temple @ Temple this year. Their are no excuses. CSAS played bad enough to lose against silverdale. They may lose again but it won't be because they give the game away.

I really don't know what he says to his players but it seems he certainly loves sticking it to Temple anytime and anyways he can. Mabey you can ask him his coaching philosophy February 1 when Temple plays on 3rd street

I really don't need to talk to Dragoo to know that his philosophy is not to send out his less-than-best game plan because a game "really means nothing" as you said a few hours ago. At least that's my assumption, if he's the great coach you claim he is, he wouldn't let his players down like that. My feeling is that he and his team probably did all they could to beat Grace, but came up short, and he's probably not making excuses about it, but just trying to figure out a way to get better.

if i had a vote for most overrated coach in chattanooga, and one the ad needs to move on, is goddard .dragoo over goddard any day. i know he was an assistant coach at the college level, but i just don't see any ability to lead young men.

i am sure i am spelling this wrong, but the point guard first or last name is fuquan. anybody see this guy play? i am tempted to catch the next jv game grace has to see if this guy is going to make a huge difference.

if i had a vote for most overrated coach in chattanooga, and one the ad needs to move on, is goddard .dragoo over goddard any day. i know he was an assistant coach at the college level, but i just don't see any ability to lead young men.

i am sure i am spelling this wrong, but the point guard first or last name is fuquan. anybody see this guy play? i am tempted to catch the next jv game grace has to see if this guy is going to make a huge difference.

ive seen him play a couple of times...he is good but he is not better than any of grace's first 7 or 8 players....he would not make that much of a difference at least this year....but he does have a lot of talent and potential and he can jump out of the gym...but even if he was eligible i don't think he would start...though he may be able to make a defensive difference off of the bench...

I really don't need to talk to Dragoo to know that his philosophy is not to send out his less-than-best game plan because a game "really means nothing" as you said a few hours ago. At least that's my assumption, if he's the great coach you claim he is, he wouldn't let his players down like that. My feeling is that he and his team probably did all they could to beat Grace, but came up short, and he's probably not making excuses about it, but just trying to figure out a way to get better.

i'm sure any game plan dragoon comes up with is less-than-best. yeah you are right an L right now isnt as bad as one in the post season. i know the team did everything they could cause they are the ones putting there blood, sweat, and tears into the game of basketball. i just want the same effort from the guys in the ties by playing all the cards in there hand. that is all i ask as a fan and a coach.

i'm sure any game plan dragoon comes up with is less-than-best. yeah you are right an L right now isnt as bad as one in the post season. i know the team did everything they could cause they are the ones putting there blood, sweat, and tears into the game of basketball. i just want the same effort from the guys in the ties by playing all the cards in there hand. that is all i ask as a fan and a coach.

The Fuquan kid totally dominates jv basketball, so it's hard to tell whether he will make a difference at the varsity level. This was a big win for Grace. Pat played well, and Carter McMasters really stepped up, and this is what I and everyone else has been waiting to see. Herman played well also, scored 19 n had 5asts....and this kid is not a ball hawk!!!! he has to make people respect him or else teams will be able to double down on the posts...and to be honest if Grace didn't have him they would not have won, bc NO Grace guards, outside of him, can compete with any of CSAS's guards....

The Fuquan kid totally dominates jv basketball, so it's hard to tell whether he will make a difference at the varsity level. This was a big win for Grace. Pat played well, and Carter McMasters really stepped up, and this is what I and everyone else has been waiting to see. Herman played well also, scored 19 n had 5asts....and this kid is not a ball hawk!!!! he has to make people respect him or else teams will be able to double down on the posts...and to be honest if Grace didn't have him they would not have won, bc NO Grace guards, outside of him, can compete with any of CSAS's guards....

i m still trying to figure out how Grace got the Herman kid???????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have seen almost all of the areas teams, some multiple times and the guard for Grace is very good. But and this is critical. He is playing the point position. Which DEMANDS that the ball is SHARED. He is gifted enough to get his 18 plus points no matter what but this is a TEAM game. If you make the RIGHT play to the player with the best position to score you WIN. We have seen this over and over and over again. For example Michael Jordon in the early part of his career, scoring 30 plus a game with no championships. The average fan just looks at two stats, points scored and Dunks. Coaches look for WINNERS not high scorers on mediocre teams. If The Grace guard is shooting under 40 percent and giving up 15 plus points a game on the defensive side of the ball do you think college coaches arent aware? Further, when the other players make the effort to be in a position to score whether on the fast break ,when they have the post sealed, or in the seam at the 3 pt line and never get the ball they wont expend the energy if their efforts arent rewarded. I think if no one is helping this guard to become a WINNER not just a scorer that is a shame. Why do you think scouts come to the championship games? This guard has shown us he is one of the best offensive players around, true fans of the game know that great players make players around them better and want to win championships not scoring titles.

he came from tyner middle school and he transferred to grace for high school

Reeves I totally agree with you. But this kid is a winner. Multiple games he's put this entire team on his back and has carried them to victory...I've been to several games where he's put his teammates in position to make plays and they can't finish them...but he does have to continue to trust them...some people act like he's playing with a bunch of all-stars...and is un-willing to share the ball...and he plays hard on both ends of the floor...as we saw that against csas...and maybe averages around 5asts per game...