Norm Chow Out

Norm Chow was informed this afternoon that the team was going "in a different direction" and was fired over the phone by Titan's Head Coach Jeff Fisher.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported this around 1:00 and was confirmed by Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean after a conversation with Chow. Chow, reportedly, was caught off guard by the firing, was on his way to Mobile with the rest of the coaches for Senior Bowl preparation.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norm Chow was informed this afternoon that the team was going "in a different direction" and was fired over the phone by Titan's Head Coach Jeff Fisher.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported this around 1:00 and was confirmed by Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean after a conversation with Chow. Chow, reportedly, was caught off guard by the firing, was on his way to Mobile with the rest of the coaches for Senior Bowl preparation.

Great,he was not a fit in Nashville,very boring.

I hate he had to hear the news like that. But, he didn't try to hide the fact that he was wanting to go in a different direction also. I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with. But thats just my opinion.

I hate he had to hear the news like that. But, he didn't try to hide the fact that he was wanting to go in a different direction also. I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with. But thats just my opinion.

Agreed. He came in with McNair at the helm of the youngest team in the NFL and McNair was through as a QB in my opinion. The next year, VY comes in with confidence and does a lot on his own. The final year, all defenses figure him out and he's shut completely down. If you go back and look at the games, you will notice a pattern of defense used against him. Most teams figured it out that if they left a DB lingering in the center and toward the right part of the field, he could read Vince's eyes and pick him apart. Vince, for now, can't read a defense. Some QB's can learn it and finally get all the checkdowns processed in milliseconds and make the right throw. He's not there yet.... if ever. I've seen flashes of it but he's got a long way to go.

Athletes like Vince have to be successful using their "KNOWN" skills. Talents like him have had little coaching through their later years when they are as successful as he has been because usually they can't be coached. Now, under difficult circumstances with the speed of the game being so great, he'll have to stink it up and be broke all the way down and start over. The likelyhood of that happening will depend on how they go about it.

Looking back at Norm's job at USC, he's had mostly pocket QB's that have been pocket QB's through most of their career. He's not coached anyone like Vince. The match was not good. In fact, Norm would have been much more successful if Cutler had been the choice and I wouldn't doubt Norm would feel the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 'Dinger back. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I think that would be a great move. He called good ball games with McNair at QB. A lot depends on how hard VY works this off season. He should look at this season and realize that talent can only take a person so far. He made huge strides between his sophomore and junior seasons at Texas, I hope he gets going on the right track here. A lot of people ,including me, question his toughness. Do any of you guys?

I think that would be a great move. He called good ball games with McNair at QB. A lot depends on how hard VY works this off season. He should look at this season and realize that talent can only take a person so far. He made huge strides between his sophomore and junior seasons at Texas, I hope he gets going on the right track here. A lot of people ,including me, question his toughness. Do any of you guys?

Absolutely! I think Norm nailed him with his comment. He's got some growing up to do on the field. I have a good feeling about next year. We may see a real playoff contender.There's something about the way this season went down and with the Dinger coming back that sets the table for a remarkable season ahead.

By the way Monty, that Fulmer avatar is hilarious!

Where did you come up with that thing...lol!

Absolutely! I think Norm nailed him with his comment. He's got some growing up to do on the field. I have a good feeling about next year. We may see a real playoff contender.There's something about the way this season went down and with the Dinger coming back that sets the table for a remarkable season ahead.

By the way Monty, that Fulmer avatar is hilarious!

Where did you come up with that thing...lol!

I'm a FSUMemphis fan. I have plenty of images and animations to poke fun at UT and Florida. I post in the FSU and Memphis message boards, I find plenty on there. If I see one that I like, I usually grab it.

As was announced yesterday, Dinger is coming back.

Knowing Mike as I do, he will definitely challenge Vince on a daily basis. He will set a very high standard and a very low tolerance for screwing up. He will humiliate him if he needs it- and build him up when he needs it. He is not the most patient guy I've met ( he can wear you out to get what he wants) - and that is a good thing.

Looking forward to meeting up with him and Kathy again!