Quarles interviews at UT

Solomon

For years they have had the greatest schedule. Now when they get into 5A, there butts will be travelling just like the rest of the world does. They have never played anyone outside of Blount Co in a non-region game, if my memory is correct. The farthest they have to travel for a reg. season game is to Clinton. When they get into 5A they will be on the road week after week. They scrimmage DB and OR but playing them instead of scrimmaging MIGHT BE DIFFERENT. Same with SDHS (and that aint South Doyle) and OHS and Farragut.

In case you didn`t know Maryville does travel to the boro that is. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years they have had the greatest schedule. Now when they get into 5A, there butts will be travelling just like the rest of the world does. They have never played anyone outside of Blount Co in a non-region game, if my memory is correct. The farthest they have to travel for a reg. season game is to Clinton. When they get into 5A they will be on the road week after week. They scrimmage DB and OR but playing them instead of scrimmaging MIGHT BE DIFFERENT. Same with SDHS (and that aint South Doyle) and OHS and Farragut.

What the heck? When you get moved to 5A you have to play every game on the road the first year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And your memory would be wrong as they have played teams outside of Blount Co., albeit it has been since 04 I think. Nice little home and home with Mo-town West for a while there. Probably as long of a trip from Maryville as OHS is from Maryville.

Oh well. I was hoping he would get the job at UT, but that is the way it goes.

Eye jest hope that they dont git a hard schedule and have two travull two Knotts countee and play tha pairhouse Gibbs Bros..... like Hauls.

starsnbars,

Hauls duz pla Gibbs Bros, jest lik Murville plaid hertige n Will e Blunt win they aint kno goode. Gibbs quit plaid Hauls fer a few yrs cuz they kept gettin there tails bet up.

I figured I would write it in Ebonics since you probably wouldn't understand plain English.. Since you brought up the Morristown West games, why don't you play them anymore? I am surprised you don't play Greenback, aren't they in your county?

starsnbars,

Hauls duz pla Gibbs Bros, jest lik Murville plaid hertige n Will e Blunt win they aint kno goode. Gibbs quit plaid Hauls fer a few yrs cuz they kept gettin there azz bet up.

I figured I would write it in Ebonics since you probably wouldn't understand plain English.. Since you brought up the Morristown West games, why don't you play them anymore? I am surprised you don't play Greenback, aren't they in your county?

Eye'll bet Will Yum Blunt and Hairatige were bettur than tha Gibbs Bros even befour thay lost Andy and Maurice. Plus little Kenny Chessknee aint thair now eithur.

Eye understand plane English and eye didnunt brang up Morristown West. Greenback iz in Loud 'Un countee...

starsnbars,

Hauls duz pla Gibbs Bros, jest lik Murville plaid hertige n Will e Blunt win they aint kno goode. Gibbs quit plaid Hauls fer a few yrs cuz they kept gettin there tails bet up.

People in Halls know Ebonics? Who woulda thunk it?

People in Halls know Ebonics? Who woulda thunk it?

Solly hit iz Hauls.

Fellers eye dont no what 'ebonics" meens. Maybee hits somethun two do with one of my favorit 8 trax.... Little Stevie Wundur sangin' that purty song "Ebonee and Eyevoree"??? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Coach GQ likes to interview outside of Maryville for TOP coaching spots....if he was THAT loyal to Maryville, he would NEVER interview...BA was too far from home for his mother. The tight ends position now makes more sense........All kidding aside.....to make more money, he has to get away from HS. He should do this to further his career. He is past 40. Time to take a job that will pay him something.....Lord knows he would have made plenty more if he had gone to BA.....($115K+) rather than Maryville, but mamma said don't go that far away......UT is the right fit.

Coach GQ likes to interview outside of Maryville for TOP coaching spots....if he was THAT loyal to Maryville, he would NEVER interview...BA was too far from home for his mother. The tight ends position now makes more sense........All kidding aside.....to make more money, he has to get away from HS. He should do this to further his career. He is past 40. Time to take a job that will pay him something.....Lord knows he would have made plenty more if he had gone to BA.....($115K+) rather than Maryville, but mamma said don't go that far away......UT is the right fit.

1st of all, it's not all about the $$$. It would have been a better fit if they had been talking to him about the QB or receivers coaching positions rather than the tight end coach. Despite the fact that he would have been coaching Aaron Douglas and potentially Brandon Warren, his strengths would have been better used with QBs or receivers. It would have allowed him to have more input into the offense with the potential progression into an OC position then HC position. I for one am happy to have him at MHS for at least 1 more year along with his current great group of assistant coaches. I hate to see Coach Pinkerton stepping down, but he is moving in a different direction with his career. Coach White will be a nice addition to this great group of men. It appears UT made a nice hire for the tight end coaching position, I assume the OC will be the QB coach, he brought in his own receivers coach, and they also made a nice hire in the RB coaching position. The timing was not right, and Quarles and/or Fulmer were smart enough to realize this.

Lord knows he would have made plenty more if he had gone to BA.....($115K+) rather than Maryville, but mamma said don't go that far away......UT is the right fit.

Last year, the tight ends coach at UT was low man with a salary just over 120K.(after a raise) With gas prices being what they are, he would have burned up his raise driving to work every day. GQ, if I was to guess, is probably just below 100K right now, but he has three titles. Head coach, AD and Asst. garbige collector/recrooter. If he had been offered the job at UT he probably would have come in at about 100 even. BA and Hoover pays more than that. He will leave someday. We ALL have to leave someday.

Brandon if 'un UT wood haiv offered GQ he mite haiv wint.

Mamma mite haiv had sumthin' two do with GQ not goin' to BA, but little Jack said he liked all his 'bebles" stuff two much. Eye thank maybee GQ likes seein' little Jack grow up and tha UT assistants work 16 hour days too....

Eye wunder if GQ wood make more money per hour workin' at UT as a TE coach or coachin' at Mairvul????

APB, thay will allways only be one recrutin' cordinater and garbige man at Mairvul and hit aint GQ......