McMinn Central

Butch & Sundance

I don't even know your alleged nephew, so how could I claim he is on steroids? Any kid who is 15

runs a "legit" 4.7 and is 6'0" 190 is more than likely doing something. But I would bet he is 5'10 1/2

180 lbs and runs a 4.85. Everybody always embellishes these stories. But again, I have no idea who you're talkng about. Is he a catcher?

You guys still running "shine" up thar in them hills?

Let me just say that having seen 6+4+3=2's nephew for myself he is solid!! BTW you did say

This 6'0 190 lb freshman that runs a 4.7 sounds like he is on steroids.

One more testament to this young man. He started for Polk in football for the last three games of the year and was Polk's defensive player of the game for the last two regular season games against McMinn Central and Notre Dame and was second in defensive points for their playoff game. I don't know if he is a catcher but from what I have heard from others is he can play anywhere if he works at it and can hit with power to all parts of the field. Heard from one of his summer league parents that he hit one over the scoreboard at Ringgold High and hit the centerfield fence at Chatt. State on a line. Very excited to see this kid play. I hope all these expectations does not overwhelm him. As Sundance said earlier he could be something special!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know your alleged nephew, so how could I claim he is on steroids? Any kid who is 15

runs a "legit" 4.7 and is 6'0" 190 is more than likely doing something. But I would bet he is 5'10 1/2

180 lbs and runs a 4.85. Everybody always embellishes these stories. But again, I have no idea who you're talkng about. Is he a catcher?

You guys still running "shine" up thar in them hills?

So why would I lie about my nephew. There are too many folks on here that would know otherwise. If you don't know then don't comment! I think TheOldScouts post says enough about him. I was not trying to brag on him or start something. I was just stating that some freshmen are bigger and stronger than some jr and sr's.

Thanks for clearing thast up. So Central is upset because they have to play the two time defending champions Meigs Co. and Polk does not have too. That makes sense. Poor Polk Co. they will do anything to try and be winners. But I can't say that Central or any other team in the district wouldn't have wanted to be in that division of the district if given the chance. Oh well it sounds like this year will be full of drama as in year's past.

Thanks for clearing thast up. So Central is upset because they have to play the two time defending champions Meigs Co. and Polk does not have too. That makes sense. Poor Polk Co. they will do anything to try and be winners. But I can't say that Central or any other team in the district wouldn't have wanted to be in that division of the district if given the chance. Oh well it sounds like this year will be full of drama as in year's past.

Central was against the split .. Heard Trip was the master mind behind it, and this came from a Polk Parent..

Central was against the split .. Heard Trip was the master mind behind it, and this came from a Polk Parent..

Sundance from my understanding Coach Hart was not against the split but was against how the divisions were divided up. I certainly can see his point but if I'm Coach Triplett, I would love it having to play Boyd, Howard, Brainerd, and Tyner to win your division. Also heard Meigs's new coach was none too happy about it either.

Sundance from my understanding Coach Hart was not against the split but was against how the divisions were divided up. I certainly can see his point but if I'm Coach Triplett, I would love it having to play Boyd, Howard, Brainerd, and Tyner to win your division. Also heard Meigs's new coach was none too happy about it either.

[/quote

With apologies to Brainerd who actually has a couple of good looking prospects, how does playing those craoppy teams prepare you to advance further than the district? Is Meigs starting two freshmen in the middle of their infield? Yikes.......I think it's going to be a Polk County-McMinn Central battle.

Let me just say that having seen 6+4+3=2's nephew for myself he is solid!! BTW you did say One more testament to this young man. He started for Polk in football for the last three games of the year and was Polk's defensive player of the game for the last two regular season games against McMinn Central and Notre Dame and was second in defensive points for their playoff game. I don't know if he is a catcher but from what I have heard from others is he can play anywhere if he works at it and can hit with power to all parts of the field. Heard from one of his summer league parents that he hit one over the scoreboard at Ringgold High and hit the centerfield fence at Chatt. State on a line. Very excited to see this kid play. I hope all these expectations does not overwhelm him. As Sundance said earlier he could be something special!!

My son's team the Cleveland Stars played at this tournement at Chatt. State. I saw every game at that field and no ball was hit close to the fence. The team that he played for was ETB. He had some nice hits in that tournament but NONE were off the fence. In that tournament he was probably the third best player on his team. They had a nice first baseman and shortstop. Don't get me wrong he is a good hitter with power. It's not fair to build a freshman up with these high expections without even playing a high school game. BUT in that district a talented freshman should contribute to his team.

Yea Central without a doubt is the favored headed into the season. Meigs will have a lot of newcomers this season. A new coach and a bunch of new athletes. They will however be tough competitors and well coached as they always are. It's tough to replace a Roberts and Garland but they got Meadows returning. But they will be very young for the most part. I only think that Meigs and Central coaches were the most upset about the split. It was a long drive for all the other teams. Meigs and Central are in the middle. Who hosts the District Tournament this year?

My son's team the Cleveland Stars played at this tournement at Chatt. State. I saw every game at that field and no ball was hit close to the fence. The team that he played for was ETB. He had some nice hits in that tournament but NONE were off the fence. In that tournament he was probably the third best player on his team. They had a nice first baseman and shortstop. Don't get me wrong he is a good hitter with power. It's not fair to build a freshman up with these high expections without even playing a high school game. BUT in that district a talented freshman should contribute to his team.

The first baseman you speak of is the Hargrove kid who is a transfer from Ooltewah. You'll enjoy him because he's a real humble kid who caqrries a big stick. He's a lefty who hits with power. He has great parents who are very supportive.

What little I know about the other kids mentioned in this thread, they all appear to be good looking athletes. The kid who they call Jar Head can smash the baseball and I believe he did hot a ball over the scoreboard at Ringgold because we played in that tournament. But he wasn't the only player they had on that team as I recall. I think Meigs had some good looking prospects on that team. One was a left handes center fielder and the other was a shortstop who was a good line drive hitter from the lefthand side.

We've played with Scotty Moses,Masingill and Smith and they are very talented in their own right.

Just to adress the topic of Polk's batting averages sundance and 6+4+3=2 both know "Frankie" and I don't think you have any doubt about his integrity. I will guarantee you it is an argument in the dugout as to what is a hit and what is not. Don't blame inflated batting averages on a bad book keeper blame it on teams with weak pitching. I don't usually say much on here but when you question the integrity of coach Lowery it bothers me. I will guarantee you he can still show anyone from PCHS or MCHS how to catch a ground ball. Can I get an amen. By the way I will hide behind my coach t name.

The first baseman you speak of is the Hargrove kid who is a transfer from Ooltewah. You'll enjoy him because he's a real humble kid who caqrries a big stick. He's a lefty who hits with power. He has great parents who are very supportive.

What little I know about the other kids mentioned in this thread, they all appear to be good looking athletes. The kid who they call Jar Head can smash the baseball and I believe he did hot a ball over the scoreboard at Ringgold because we played in that tournament. But he wasn't the only player they had on that team as I recall. I think Meigs had some good looking prospects on that team. One was a left handes center fielder and the other was a shortstop who was a good line drive hitter from the lefthand side.

We've played with Scotty Moses,Masingill and Smith and they are very talented in their own right.

Wrong.He(hargrove)never went to ooltewah,he left hunter middle school,right after 8th grade graduation. He does have a good bat,not a monster bat,but a good bat.(very consistant bat).the other kids(freshmen)are not as good as some say,RIGHT NOW,but will be,if they work hard.remember they are freshmen not fully grown mentally or physically.You cannot believe hype.I was told of a middle schooler that was the next coming of francour and was a bust. Time will tell. good luck to everyone this year.

As I stated this came from one of the parents from that team, whom I have known for some time and is no relation to the mentioned player. The parent has no reason to stretch the truth or blow up this kid! However, I find it hard to believe that you watched every game on that field and saw every at bat for every team. BTW you sound kind of bitter or jealous. Did this team beat your sons team? As for the district it is weak but Polk, Central and Meigs have played the Bradley County schools very tough the last few years in various tournaments. One last thing you must remember is Bradley and Cleveland schools are much larger than those in district 5AA and you guys can recruit talent from within your county. These smaller county schools have to play with the hands they are dealt.