Hiring of Tim Thompson is sad

Macnarry

I think any high school administrator that hires Tim Thompson ought to be embarrassed. Ridgeway's administration has proven they had rather win in poor style than teach young men with class coaches.

Thompson's comments 'University of Ridgeway' has shown where he is headed with the program. He will be recruiting more than Tommy West.

My mistake, I thought he was the old Melrose guy.

He is!

I hate to tell him though there is ALREADY a U of R in Tn. Its at a place called Riverdale and has already proven what they CAN do at the level he is predicting for Ridgeway. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to getting kids to the college level, wasn't there some alligations HE got paid for it?

I know very little about his coach, except for the fact that he has won many games.... and put numerous kids in college..... and played in the boro more than few times. I know this sounds like a sarcastic post, but I really don't know much else about this coach. What has he done to warrant negative thread about his hiring?

TSSAA put him on a 2 year suspension before he came to Fayette Ware. I remember in 06 Gibson Co. was supposed to play Fayette Ware in week 0 and he was caught filming Gibson Co. at the Dyersburg Jambo. Knowing Gibson Co. is not a football powerhouse, why would he try and tape us? Pretty pathetic of him. He has won many games at Melrose and he also turned around the Fayette Ware program. I look for him to do great things at Ridgeway in a very classless manner. Good Luck to him!

He is!

I hate to tell him though there is ALREADY a U of R in Tn. Its at a place called Riverdale and has already proven what they CAN do at the level he is predicting for Ridgeway. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to getting kids to the college level, wasn't there some alligations HE got paid for it?

As successful as Riverdale has been, means they have been under TSSAA scrutiny as well as scrutiny by everyone else. Although the TSSAA does not seek out rule breakers they will look into those that have been called to their attention, so I doubt that Riverdale is as shady as you tend to think. Large metro schools tend to have a great deal of athletes and like any program that starts to have success people will move to that area to get their kids in there especially if colleges have recuited athletes form that school in the past.

PS Colleges don't pay high school coaches to get HS athletes any more, it is too risky and too hard to hide the money trail. Those that have were either lucky or realized it hasn't panned out.

You might want to rethink your allegations unless you have real proof and no offense but Coach T is not always the best source for facts.

As far as Coach Thompson goes, IF he runs a shady program he will eventually get caught. IF people have PROOF of illegal activity then it needs to be brought to the attention of the school and the TSSAA.