DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

WOW WHAT A GAME TONIGHT AT WT JONES FEILD AT THE RESERVATION...if you paid 5$ for that game u got MORE than your moneys worth...it was another great game between these 2 teams just like on wed...we won 1-0 in 7 innings we scored the run in the 6th inning brett lanning got a base hit up the middle and then fisher ran for him on a pick off attempt lebanon threw it away and fisher got to 2nd then josh brawley hit a base hit to right feild to score fisher from second he did a great job scoring on that the right feilder threw a bullet to the plate to make it closer than what it should have

Chris Orphanos pitched A GREAT GAME!!!!!!! lebanon never really got anything going...we threw the ball away at first on a pick off play and their runner got to 3rd but that was the only real threat of the day i think he only gave up 3 hits and i dont think he walked anyone he did a great job of keeping us in the game...

we are a young team and i love our attitude and our fight in each of the players keep it up guys and we will make some noise come tournament time

congrats and I am glad you got a game in.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Riverdale on a great ballgame. Great performance by both teams and especially the pitchers. The only 2 errors of the game came on pick off attempts. I hate to sound like sour grapes because the boys all played great, but I would have liked to have seen the field ump ask for help from his partner on the sac bunt in the 7th. I don't understand why you wouldn't ask for help from someone who has a better angle. With only 2 umps, the field ump can't be expected to see everything and he was positioned where he should have been and was hustling on the play. It's the only call he missed all night, but it came at a critical time. I understand he says he saw the tag, but Riverdale fans who had an angle similar to the plate ump said he missed the tag by 18 inches. Swallow your pride and ask for help so the players can decide the game. Two evenly matched teams that split a hard fought series and did so with style and grace...terms you don't usually hear when referring to a Lebanon-Riverdale matchup. Well done guys.

Congratulations to Riverdale on a great ballgame. Great performance by both teams and especially the pitchers. The only 2 errors of the game came on pick off attempts. I hate to sound like sour grapes because the boys all played great, but I would have liked to have seen the field ump ask for help from his partner on the sac bunt in the 7th. I don't understand why you wouldn't ask for help from someone who has a better angle. With only 2 umps, the field ump can't be expected to see everything and he was positioned where he should have been and was hustling on the play. It's the only call he missed all night, but it came at a critical time. I understand he says he saw the tag, but Riverdale fans who had an angle similar to the plate ump said he missed the tag by 18 inches. Swallow your pride and ask for help so the players can decide the game. Two evenly matched teams that split a hard fought series and did so with style and grace...terms you don't usually hear when referring to a Lebanon-Riverdale matchup. Well done guys.

i thought my son made a great play on that /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Has there ever been a set of bleachers with happy parents in them in Cookeville?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

HA! Yeah back when I played they seemed to be pretty happy.Course we were regular season & tourney district champs all three years(not to brag or nothin... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )

Funny how winning makes the parents happy.Most of 'em anyway.Obviously some will never be if their kid's not playin.But if you're winning all/most of the games they tend to keep it to themselves more.

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its pretty simple, when you only have 7 of the best 9 on the field to start with. Then you pinch hit a guy who hasnt had a hit all year. nextyou dont know when to change pitchers, you could seee starter tiring, but still did a good job. and then you put a pitcher in who does not know what to do in a first and third base runner situation.iust to mention a few. but if you think he coached it well enough to win by all means tell us your thoughts because i dont think there was a parent in the stands who thought we should have lost that game

Well I wasn't there had to work.That's why I asked...

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

He did. Hopefully, we'll see you again in the districts.

lol...i hope we see you in district and region...we had a great series and we both played 2 great game we came up short on the first one and yall came up short on the second one was a great seires with grreat sportsmanship with the players (in the past this hasnt been the case)

limbaugh...did everyone get their district games in and what are the standings now

Yes, http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/standings.pdf

Siegel 5-1 .833 - 11-3 .786

Cookeville 4-2 .667 1 7-5 .583

Oakland 4-2 .667 1 11-4 .733

Blackman 3-3 .500 2 12-5 .706

Lebanon 3-3 .500 2 14-6 .700

Riverdale 3-3 .500 2 10-6 .625

Warren Co 2-4 .333 3 6-9 .400

White Co 0-6 .000 5 3-7 .300

I need a Coffee Co at Warren Co score....

This week's district games:

Blackman vs Riverdale

White Co vs Cookeville

Lebanon vs Oakland

Siegel vs Warren Co