DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

well my RIVERDALE WARRIORS had another BIG win tonight against white county 8-2...austin hurt pitched 6 solid innings and brian davis came on in the 7th to close the game out WC hit the ball all over the place but we really made some great defensive plays today...our outfeild flat out go it done with that crazy wind...ryan stepehens had a great overall game he had a double a triple and a few RBIs ...and really chased a couple of balls down in the outfeild that was just a great play corey crunk had a few nice plays at third richie pearl had a great catch reaching over the fence in foul territory and then throwing all the way to third and corey crunk made a great cathc on that ball as the defneder was trying to jump over the tag(automatic out in high school)

everyone in the line up got a hit today we had 11 hits and 8 runs and none of it was easy WC played a good game and hit the ball well but we was able to make the play we needed to hold them off for the BIG WIN we now play the winner of WC and blackmon on tuesday

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna talk about the umpire calls...i was standing on the first base side so i am looking at second base i cannot see if he went past the bag but i did see the contact with the shortstop...the rule in high school is there is a brick wall at the bag you cannot break up a double play in high school so if he slid past the bag at second base or if he POPPED up it is a double play and the runner on third must go back because he wasnt forced to advance while many may not like the call it is a safety call for the kids...the umpires called a good game the entire time and yet because of this call they were told that was the worst and got followed and yelled all the way to the locker room...

well my RIVERDALE WARRIORS had another BIG win tonight against white county 8-2...austin hurt pitched 6 solid innings and brian davis came on in the 7th to close the game out WC hit the ball all over the place but we really made some great defensive plays today...our outfeild flat out go it done with that crazy wind...ryan stepehens had a great overall game he had a double a triple and a few RBIs ...and really chased a couple of balls down in the outfeild that was just a great play corey crunk had a few nice plays at third richie pearl had a great catch reaching over the fence in foul territory and then throwing all the way to third and corey crunk made a great cathc on that ball as the defneder was trying to jump over the tag(automatic out in high school)

everyone in the line up got a hit today we had 11 hits and 8 runs and none of it was easy WC played a good game and hit the ball well but we was able to make the play we needed to hold them off for the BIG WIN we now play the winner of WC and blackmon on tuesday

cookeville 2 and barbecued life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!what time is the white county game monday?thanks in advance.

I TOLD YOU WHITE COUNTY ISNT THAT BAD ....AND I AM THE DUMB ONE?....cookeville has a very good team but white county is a team that GETS BETTER as the season goes along..,

you are an idiot dude. we didnt give a darn about the game. we are already in regions who cares what happens in district tournament. its kinda like when you already have home field and a bye week in the playoffs but have to play the last game of the season to a team who has to win to make the playoffs. we arent going to try as hard and they are going to leave everything on the field. but see ya at regions riverdale.. oh yeah if you make it that is

you are an idiot dude. we didnt give a darn about the game. we are already in regions who cares what happens in district tournament. its kinda like when you already have home field and a bye week in the playoffs but have to play the last game of the season to a team who has to win to make the playoffs. we arent going to try as hard and they are going to leave everything on the field. but see ya at regions riverdale.. oh yeah if you make it that is

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Way to let your immaturity shine like the Sun.

Forgive me for jumping sports here (usually on the softball side) but after watching some of the Cookeville/Sparta game tonight I came over here to see what the final score was...

Don't get me wrong White Co. does have a few talented young men on their team but it's obvious Cookeville had one bad inning. It happens to the best of the best at times and when it hits, it comes on like a freight train and results in a train wreck. White Co. gave several teams a run for their money and when they left the field, their opponents knew they had been in a ballgame.

You can't take anything away from those young men on the Cavalier team. Those guys have a great coach and a top notch program and they are 7AAA district champions. Ask any parent who has a child participating in Cookeville's softball program and I bet they'd trade coaches with the boys in the blink of an eye. It's amazing at the difference in the calibur of coaching at that school.

Cookeville is losing several seniors this year so next year might be a rebuilding year who knows. Any who... good luck to everyone in the 7AAA tournament!!

the difference in coaching calibur is a result of the sport. of course softball is going to have a worse coach then baseball. i mean lets be for real here for a second. IT'S SOFTBALL!

everytime you speak you just look smarter and smarter while i give you that you still go to region as you deserve it all i was saying is that white county is better than what you say they are i also have never once said that we are a strong team all i have said is we are young and we are getting better...you are the one starting the attacks on here...and i can assure you after talking to some of the cookeville players that they did not want to be 2 and out in the district tournament they wanted the #1 seed in the region instead of traveling to LC or wherever they must go

AND YES I DO HOPE WE MAKE IT TO REGION but this is a tough district from top to bottom and it is gonna be tough to win