Chattanooga Area Top Ten

mtnman

I dont see how McMinn and Ooltewah can both be ranked when Cleveland is not. Cleveland beat both of them last year and went further in the tournament than both of them and they are coming back stronger than last year.

It doesnt matter about them beatting mcminn or ooetwah last year it matters about this year. If im correct mcminn beat yall once last year. Soo?????? that doesnt matter McMinn will be good trust me

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too just looked at mjubb's poll. Not only are they listed in his top 25 but all 3 made top 10 list. Everyone knows about Baylor and McCallie but I really don't know anything about Notre Dame this year. I had thought this was going to be a down year for them but does mjubb know something?

Notre Dame lost their whole defense practically so they will not be as strong.

Oh I don't know about that. Coach Jim will have those boys ready.

After all ND just reloads every year anyway.

Question... Are they off probation for their fans getting rowdy a couple of years ago. Thats a shame that parents get that way at HS games.

I would never do that /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Not necessarily mate. You should know this by now. Just because a team loses some key players doesn't mean they won't be as strong. By this logic we lost nearly all of our scoring. So we'll have problems scoring this year.

Looks like things will be even then. They might struggle at Defense for a while but if we can't score then what does it matter?

MVM, I lol'd.

Oh so true. You may assume a team will not be good because of graduation losses...sometimes it is true and sometimes it is not. Coach Jim will do everything to have the boys ready. Also remember Baylor lost 15 players to graduation in 2006. Played great, pulled together and won a state championship. So you never know. So CCS lost their firepower from last year?

Not necessarily mate. You should know this by now. Just because a team loses some key players doesn't mean they won't be as strong. By this logic we lost nearly all of our scoring. So we'll have problems scoring this year.

Looks like things will be even then. They might struggle at Defense for a while but if we can't score then what does it matter?

MVM, I lol'd.

I'm wondering if Sequoyah and the other two Monroe county teams (Tellico, and Sweetwater) are in the Chatt area? I assume so seeing we're bordering McMinn.

If so, I'm wonder if the writer even checked up on our teams.

My sequoyah team lost 5 seniors, including 3 forwards, a midfielder, and a keeper, but we have around 8 returning seniors. I feel after placing third in the district last year with an overtime, 10 on 11 man loss, we can compete for our district.

Considering we beat Grace last year, and i like to consider we played with CSAS for a little bit (may not be true, but it feels good to say, hehe...) I figured we might have something.

Is Grace back to their old form this year?

(not meaning we're better then anyone, I'm just wondering if we had even been mentioned by anyone...)

Baylor has outstanding players at every position. My top picks would be at midfield Kelly Smith. Look for big things from Kelly this year. Carter Paden at forward...he can get out of a crowd with his footwork and ended big at state this year. At defender Andrew Roden. Tough, aggressive player that has the best throw in around. Danny VanValkinburg in the goal. Truly an ironman. It does not slack off after this....a great rest of the team. These guys are just all state caliber.

Baylor won it all last year in a year with young players...was supposed to be McCallie's year. This year Baylor returns all but 3 from last years team. The defense is just awesome. Returning goalie Danny Van Valkinburg and on defense Andrew Roden, David Burt and Chris Wilson. Only allowed I think 5 goals last year. Repeating for any team is hard because everyone is gunning for you. But Baylor is loaded ..should be a great year. Can't wait.

Agreed,all great players. What about McCallie this year. I know they lost Joel Bradford last year. Lost more but I don't think most were starters. How will they be this year....also CSAS?

Baylor has outstanding players at every position. My top picks would be at midfield Kelly Smith. Look for big things from Kelly this year. Carter Paden at forward...he can get out of a crowd with his footwork and ended big at state this year. At defender Andrew Roden. Tough, aggressive player that has the best throw in around. Danny VanValkinburg in the goal. Truly an ironman. It does not slack off after this....a great rest of the team. These guys are just all state caliber.

How is the talent level for CSAS, CCS and Notre Dame this year. Who looks like they will take that division this year. Thanks.

CSAS will definitely be experiencing a down year though they have some good players. CCS will probably be in a similar boat, though they certainly have an edge because they return all but two starters. Notre Dame should be the favorite to win by far.

I don't know if I would say "by far."

All 3 teams have lost key players from last year and at this point it would probably not be the smartest thing going into the season to say anything "by far."

The nature of these 3 programs is to reload, not rebuild. So at this point I would rank all 3 teams right together and then wait for the first month of the season to make any real assessment of standings.

Unfortunately one of these won't get the opportunity to compete for a bid in the state tournament because there are only 2 spots in the sectional or sub state round.

Now if we can ship someone to BigG's region we'd be okay... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />