District 10 AA

GCBSBLL9

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is at the top this year?

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Dont' know much about the other teams? Spring Hill is very young with only 2 seniors I think.

They do have some good talent though within the Sophmore and Junior classes and some pretty good freshman coming on as well.

If they can play as a team and the Coach can motivate them, I think they'll have a really good year.

Spring Hill Should be in the mix, bc I don't think they graduauted anymore than three players. Although they were young last year, they still finished in the middle of a very tough district. This year we will see, but I say look-out next year.

Marshall County will be my favorite to win the district, especially during the regular season. I am tempted to write down W's for all the games Seth will pitch, yet I'm not sure of the D or O he'll have to help him out.

Loretto will be down after several years atop this district. They don't have much pitching, at least as far as I know, and lost 3 key players last year. Tag this year for rebuild.

Giles County will be in the middle somewhere. They lost all of their infield, either to grad. or quiting. Perez would have been a lock at SS, but quit. Pitching will be short, and offense will be down, compared to the fireworks of the last few years.

I have no clue about Page.

I have no clue about Lewis Co.

Spring Hill Should be in the mix, bc I don't think they graduauted anymore than three players. Although they were young last year, they still finished in the middle of a very tough district. This year we will see, but I say look-out next year.

Marshall County will be my favorite to win the district, especially during the regular season. I am tempted to write down W's for all the games Seth will pitch, yet I'm not sure of the D or O he'll have to help him out.

Loretto will be down after several years atop this district. They don't have much pitching, at least as far as I know, and lost 3 key players last year. Tag this year for rebuild.

Giles County will be in the middle somewhere. They lost all of their infield, either to grad. or quiting. Perez would have been a lock at SS, but quit. Pitching will be short, and offense will be down, compared to the fireworks of the last few years.

I have no clue about Page.

I have no clue about Lewis Co.

Will Marshall County be able to put up enough offense to win with Lintz on the mound in the postseason?

Will Marshall County be able to put up enough offense to win with Lintz on the mound in the postseason?

I'm not sure, that's why I said "especially during the regular season". Last year he was one of two "hawses", now, I believe he's the one and only "hawse".

I also left out the two HC teams, forgetting they were new this year. Don't know anything about either one of them. Help?

Will the regular season district games be played back-to-back again this year? If so, that will decrease Lintz' value to MC.

I'm not sure, that's why I said "especially during the regular season". Last year he was one of two "hawses", now, I believe he's the one and only "hawse".

I also left out the two HC teams, forgetting they were new this year. Don't know anything about either one of them. Help?

Will the regular season district games be played back-to-back again this year? If so, that will decrease Lintz' value to MC.

Yes all District games are played back to back on Monday/Tuesday.

I think hickman county has a chance at being in the top teams.. They dropped from a district with power houses like franklin and brentwood to teams like giles and marshal who lets pace it can't match up to teams like that..

I wouldn't be so sure about that...With Lintz and Stolz last year I would say that MC could hang with a lot of people in the state. Now I realize they didn't do so hot in the tourney, but they had a long route, battling with GC all the way. They didn't win a championship, so I guess they're open to discussion.

This district is a whole lot tougher than you realize. Everybody hates everybody, and we love to beat-up on each other.

As I've said, Idk anything about HC or EH, because they are new. So if you think they're good enough to be at the top, then I'll take your word for it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...With Lintz and Stolz last year I would say that MC could hang with a lot of people in the state. Now I realize they didn't do so hot in the tourney, but they had a long route, battling with GC all the way. They didn't win a championship, so I guess they're open to discussion.

This district is a whole lot tougher than you realize. Everybody hates everybody, and we love to beat-up on each other.

As I've said, Idk anything about HC or EH, because they are new. So if you think they're good enough to be at the top, then I'll take your word for it.

HC is very young with only 2 seniors returning and 2 juniors I remember and 1 sophmore and only 2 or 3 started last year. as for EH 7 or 8 varsity players went to east 6 started last year. and they also just have 2 seniors.

HC is very young with only 2 seniors returning and 2 juniors I remember and 1 sophmore and only 2 or 3 started last year. as for EH 7 or 8 varsity players went to east 6 started last year. and they also just have 2 seniors.

I think this one is just gonna have to be played out before anybody really knows anything. From what I can tell, the original teams of this district arent really sure about the new ones, and vice-versa.

Here is some information for the TBCA website.

Team Previews

East Hickman HS Inaugural Season 12/5/07 005

East Hickman Baseball

This will be the first year for the Eagles of EHHS. They will be playing in the very tough District 10-AA which had two teams advance to the Sectional Finals, with Marshall Co. making an appearance in Spring Fling. Leading the Eagles will be first year head coach Joshua Smith, who was a 3 year letter winner at Antioch High School under the late TBCA Hall of Fame member Ronnie Wilson. The Eagles will be lead on the field by a strong group of experienced athletes. Coach Smith will look for leadership from the Senior Class lead by IF/P Kevin Wilson, C/IF AJ Tidwell, IF/OF Lee Zigler, and IF/OF William Allen. The Eagles will also have a strong Junior class all with varsity experience lead by OF Andrew Fink, IF/OF Taylor Nash, IF Tony Pewitt, and OF Justin Jennette. Others that will contribute to the team this year will be Sophomore Jacob Voyles, Sophomore Josh Chessor, and Freshman

Derek Gossett. On the schedule this year for the Eagles will some tough opponents. From an early contest with Friendship in the Wilson Co. Tournament, Marshall Co. in the 2nd week of District play, and then an away game with Goodpasture. Also on the schedule will be the cross county rival Hickman Co. High School. "To be successful this year we must limit mistakes and forget that we are a new school. Play like we have done this before," said Coach Smith.

Spring Hill 13-22 1/3/08 016

http://www.SpringHill Raiderbaseball

The 2008 Raiders are coming off a season that saw three freshman (Tyler Bigler, Kyle Brochu, Kyle Therriault) and two sophs (Phillip Branham, Justin Dillehay) playing everyday. Despite their youth they helped guide Sping Hill to its most wins since 2001 with 13 against a very tough 07' schedule.

Projected Opening Day Line-Up:

C James Woody Jr.

1st Kyle Therriault So.

2nd Tyler Bigler So.

3rd Jerry Jeter Jr.

SS Kris Hardison Jr.

LF Chris Hardison Sr.

CF Kyle Brochu So.

RF Justin Dillehay Jr.

DH Phillip Branham Jr.

With the Graduation of last years ace Matt Dunn. Someone will have to step into that number one roll early. There are three in the running for that spot right now based on summer outings. Bigler, Branham, and Brochu all have the ability and have shown major improvements over the last year. Bigler has the most big game experience starting against powerhouses Germantown and Riverdale last season as well as district rival Marshall County. During mid-week and tournament games a trio of sophomores that logged a lot of innings as freshman will get their shot. These include Wyatt Sherry, Zach Walton, and Brent White. All three could also be used as middle relief during district games. Others that could help out this spring based on this summer could include Dillehay and freshman Jeffrey Scarritt as well as hard throwing short-stop Kris Hardison being used as a closer.

"To be successful this year we must build upon the experience our young players gained last season. If we can get that coupled with more disipline at the plate, sound defense, and the development of our young pitchers this could be a very successful season for Raider Baseball", added Coach Lamm.

Giles County 21-17 1/10/08 25

The 2008 Bobcats will be coming off a season in which they advanced to the third round of the playoffs and set a team record for wins. The Bobcats only return one starting position player from last year but have a lot of good young talent to step in and fill roles.

Rob Holley-P/OF-.362 AVG .552 OB%

The Pitching staff for 2008 should be the Bobcats strong point. The

Bobcats will have four or five quality pitchers competing for spots in the top of the rotation.

Rob Holley 39 IP 44 K's

Shay Adams 19 IP 9 ER

Cody Whitworth 31 1/3 IP 10 ER

"To be successful this year we must show great discipline and determination. Our attitude will determine just how well we do. We must continue to improve in every aspect of the game," said Coach Boatwright.

Page HS 16-12 1/14/08 33

The 2008 Patriots are coming off a season which saw huge improve-ments in all aspects of the program. This year the Patriots will be returning 2 seniors, 10 juniors and 2 sophomores with varsity experience. With the addition of 3 transfer players, the Patriots are looking to rise to the top of a very tough District 10AA.

Projected Lineup

Pos. Name Hit/Throw Class

C-Scott Lynn L/R Jr.

1b-Garrett Gross L/R So.

2b-Zach Schoettmer R/R Jr.

SS-Trevor Scott R/R Sr.

3b-Codi Webb R/R Jr.

LF-Hayden Smith R/R Jr.

CF-Drew Bryant R/R Jr.

RF-Tyler White R/R Jr.

DH-Matt Blankenship R/R Sr.

Pitching depth will be the strength of the Patriots this year. With 9

juniors and seniors who pitch along with 2 sophomores the staff looks deep. Junior Codi Webb and sophomore transfer Garrett Gross looking to replace Jeff Hughes and Logan Adams who were lost to graduation. Other juniors that will contribute are; Hayden Smith, Brian Robbins, Chad Meitzler, Jim Caporali, Tyler White, and Drew Bryant. Sophomores Ben Olivares and David Seeman will also contribute to this years pitching staff.

"To be successful this year, the young players will need to build on what they learned last year. Their maturity and chemistry with the transfers and seniors will dictate how successful we will be this year," added Coach Brown.

Loretto 15-21 1/31/08 54

The 2008 Mustangs are very optimistic about the upcoming season. They return seven starters from the '07 team with a lot of experience on the field. They look to restock the pitching rotation after being hit hard due to graduation.

C - Caleb Wright Sr

C - Greg Taylor Sr

1B - Greg Taylor Sr

1B - Clint Wright Sr

1B - Derek Boston So

2B - T.J. Staggs Sr

2B - Ryan Johns Jr

SS - Jacob Quillen Sr

SS - Jesse Gladney So

3B - Justin Lindsey Jr

3B - Derrick Harris So

LF - Lance Dooley Jr

LF - Colin Stout Jr

CF - Heath Daniels Sr

RF - Brady Kimbrel Jr

RF - Micha Gobble Sr

RHP - Micha Gobble Sr

RHP - Jacob Quillen Sr

RHP - Clint Wright Sr

RHP - Lance Dooley Jr

RHP - Ryan Johns Jr

RHP - Justin Lindsey Jr

RHP - Jesse Gladney So

RHP - Derrick Harris So

"To be successful this year our pitching staff will have to step up early to fill the void left from last year's class. We will also lean heavily on the seven starters to bring their experience to help lead our team through a tough District 10AA schedule," added Coach Lamm.