District 10 AA

GCBSBLL9

Wow, nice post.

The only thing I see that I would disagree with is the fact that Loretto lost more than it seems. I'm not sure who they return, but none of them are stand-outs like Gobble, Glass, or Buttrum. These three not only had talent, but active leadership of the mustangs.

Also, nothing is mentioned about the other senior that grad.(or played last year but isn't on that roster). He was the big tall guy with a cannon, his name is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember. Dunn is a big loss, but losing this kid may be bigger.

And last, WHERE'S MC? What are Georgie and Ol' Monk flying under the radar this year or what? Gonna be hard to do!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice post.

The only thing I see that I would disagree with is the fact that Loretto lost more than it seems. I'm not sure who they return, but none of them are stand-outs like Gobble, Glass, or Buttrum. These three not only had talent, but active leadership of the mustangs.

Also, nothing is mentioned about the other senior that grad.(or played last year but isn't on that roster). He was the big tall guy with a cannon, his name is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember. Dunn is a big loss, but losing this kid may be bigger.

And last, WHERE'S MC? What are Georgie and Ol' Monk flying under the radar this year or what? Gonna be hard to do!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

SHHS lost Dunn, Brown, and Maybry. Dunn was the ace and the heart of the team. The team depended on him a lot whether he was on the mound or not. Maybry was the starting catcher and pitched a few innings here and there. He done a good job behind the plate for catching for the first time in his high school career. He pitched more and played middle infield the years before that. He carried a solid bat for most of the year. Brown could have been more effective but his arm gave him trouble on and off during the year. He had a cannon for sure. One of the best arms a lot of people have seen for a high school kid. He will be missed for sure but he also had a lot of struggles during the year at the plate. I guess that could of even been because of the arm. SHHS has had a few players transfer in that will make an impact. Pitching will be the big question really. The talent is there.

MC will lay low until season starts. They like to play mind games and get in teams heads.

Yes, Jay Brown, wasn't it? If not, I don't know where I got Jay from...

Anybody from MC wanna give us some insights into who they've got filling some rolls this year? Such as middle infield?

Yep, Jay Brown is correct. Great kid! Heard he might try to walk on at MTSU. His arm is well and he had some knee problems that are well now too.

Matt Dunn is one of the most "gritty" athletes I've seen. Never, ever let up. Played hard all the time every time.

Mabry had a pretty good stick, but defensively there were better freshman catchers on the team last year.

All 3 will be replaced this year, without a fall off in talent level. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep, Jay Brown is correct. Great kid! Heard he might try to walk on at MTSU. His arm is well and he had some knee problems that are well now too.

Matt Dunn is one of the most "gritty" athletes I've seen. Never, ever let up. Played hard all the time every time.

Mabry had a pretty good stick, but defensively there were better freshman catchers on the team last year.

All 3 will be replaced this year, without a fall off in talent level. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trust me if there were 3 freshman catchers better last year they would have been on the field and Maybry would have been playing another position. It's funny that a Jr. will be handling the catching duties this year. One of those freshman is off the team, another has moved to a non district or middle relief pitcher, and the other one is the 1B and back up catcher.

Well, I'm not so sure that Jay can be replaced, especially with no drop off. I do think SHHS will be good this year, but I'm not so sure they'll be THAT good.

You know...I'm seriously startin to wonder if MC is ok. They're always all over the boards. Did the computer gods take away their internet or something? Come on MC, TALK SOME TRASH!

I think this one is just gonna have to be played out before anybody really knows anything. From what I can tell, the original teams of this district arent really sure about the new ones, and vice-versa.

Ok for the retard who said only two or three starters are returning for HC maybe you should no what your talkin about.... Ben Batts, Ethan Cannon, and Sean Moore are our returning starting senniors seniors then returning starting juniors are Ryan Garren and Nick Edmards is right off the top of my head and Cody Chandler is our only returning starting sophmore... We lost 3 starters to graduation and twio to east both which are very easily replaced not to mention returning players that took last year off... HC has the ability to start only juniors and seniors with the exception of an outfield spot so next time no what your talkin about before you pretend your little EH team is any good at all

Trust me if there were 3 freshman catchers better last year they would have been on the field and Maybry would have been playing another position. It's funny that a Jr. will be handling the catching duties this year. One of those freshman is off the team, another has moved to a non district or middle relief pitcher, and the other one is the 1B and back up catcher.

Who said anything about 3? And I didn't say they were better overall, only better defensively.

Too many passed balls. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ok for the retard who said only two or three starters are returning for HC maybe you should no what your talkin about.... Ben Batts, Ethan Cannon, and Sean Moore are our returning starting senniors seniors then returning starting juniors are Ryan Garren and Nick Edmards is right off the top of my head and Cody Chandler is our only returning starting sophmore... We lost 3 starters to graduation and twio to east both which are very easily replaced not to mention returning players that took last year off... HC has the ability to start only juniors and seniors with the exception of an outfield spot so next time no what your talkin about before you pretend your little EH team is any good at all

the past 3 years of middle school baseball HC has only won 1 out of 6 against EAST

last year was not a team that was filled with true varsity baseball players. all the kids you

mentioned above are great baseball players for HC. anywhere else they would still be

riding the pine . except 2. and if you watched any of the games last year .you know you lost

2 outstanding pitchers. these 2 alone account for most of the wins. good luck and hope you

come in 2nd behind us. so we can beat you three time this year.

the past 3 years of middle school baseball HC has only won 1 out of 6 against EAST

last year was not a team that was filled with true varsity baseball players. all the kids you

mentioned above are great baseball players for HC. anywhere else they would still be

riding the pine . except 2. and if you watched any of the games last year .you know you lost

2 outstanding pitchers. these 2 alone account for most of the wins. good luck and hope you

come in 2nd behind us. so we can beat you three time this year.

Ok to start this isnt middle school this is high school and there is a huge difference... the 2 pitchers your talkin about didnt even amount to half of our wins one couldn't throw a strike to save his life and the other isn't smart enough to be on the bus on time.. so good luck comin close to beatin us... have a nice day

To all East Hickman Players, Students, and Fans:

If you would please refrain from getting into shouting matches with other schools that would benefit our program more than having someone on here talking trash. Let us do all the talking on the field. We do thank you for all your support in the up coming season. And to those of you who may see this as a cop out or we are running away. Let me assure you that we are not doing any of that and we will do pleanty of talking on the field. And if you really want to know about a team check www.tbca.org for all the information you need. Have a great season. GO EAGLES!!!!

Coach Smith