District 10 AA

GCBSBLL9

To all East Hickman Players, Students, and Fans:

If you would please refrain from getting into shouting matches with other schools that would benefit our program more than having someone on here talking trash. Let us do all the talking on the field. We do thank you for all your support in the up coming season. And to those of you who may see this as a cop out or we are running away. Let me assure you that we are not doing any of that and we will do pleanty of talking on the field. And if you really want to know about a team check www.tbca.org for all the information you need. Have a great season. GO EAGLES!!!!

Coach Smith

It's refreshing to see a Coach trying to monitor his team.

Good luck to the Eagles this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Hickman HS Inaugural Season 12/5/07 005

East Hickman Baseball

This will be the first year for the Eagles of EHHS. They will be playing in the very tough District 10-AA which had two teams advance to the Sectional Finals, with Marshall Co. making an appearance in Spring Fling. Leading the Eagles will be first year head coach Joshua Smith, who was a 3 year letter winner at Antioch High School under the late TBCA Hall of Fame member Ronnie Wilson. The Eagles will be lead on the field by a strong group of experienced athletes. Coach Smith will look for leadership from the Senior Class lead by IF/P Kevin Wilson, C/IF AJ Tidwell, IF/OF Lee Zigler, and IF/OF William Allen. The Eagles will also have a strong Junior class all with varsity experience lead by OF Andrew Fink, IF/OF Taylor Nash, IF Tony Pewitt, and OF Justin Jennette. Others that will contribute to the team this year will be Sophomore Jacob Voyles, Sophomore Josh Chessor, and Freshman

Derek Gossett. On the schedule this year for the Eagles will some tough opponents. From an early contest with Friendship in the Wilson Co. Tournament, Marshall Co. in the 2nd week of District play, and then an away game with Goodpasture. Also on the schedule will be the cross county rival Hickman Co. High School. "To be successful this year we must limit mistakes and forget that we are a new school. Play like we have done this before," said Coach Smith.

???????????????????????????? Does anybody know where this information came from??? .

Ok to start this isnt middle school this is high school and there is a huge difference... the 2 pitchers your talkin about didnt even amount to half of our wins one couldn't throw a strike to save his life and the other isn't smart enough to be on the bus on time.. so good luck comin close to beatin us... have a nice day

Middle school does tell the tale of the future, I did not know East Middle lost to Centerville ever in baseball ? Every game I seen was a routing........... Coach Harris could have ran those scores up as much as he wanted to. East may have a rough start just feeling things out, after that , depending how the young talent is developed, they should be a very strong team. Centerville would have been much stronger last year, but they had disclipline issues that i will not go into . As far as the one who was not smart enough to be on the bus in time.............. I think he is persuing his professional football career, look in the halls of Hickman county high school.............. he swims with the fishes..

East Hickman HS Inaugural Season 12/5/07 005

East Hickman Baseball

This will be the first year for the Eagles of EHHS. They will be playing in the very tough District 10-AA which had two teams advance to the Sectional Finals, with Marshall Co. making an appearance in Spring Fling. Leading the Eagles will be first year head coach Joshua Smith, who was a 3 year letter winner at Antioch High School under the late TBCA Hall of Fame member Ronnie Wilson. The Eagles will be lead on the field by a strong group of experienced athletes. Coach Smith will look for leadership from the Senior Class lead by IF/P Kevin Wilson, C/IF AJ Tidwell, IF/OF Lee Zigler, and IF/OF William Allen. The Eagles will also have a strong Junior class all with varsity experience lead by OF Andrew Fink, IF/OF Taylor Nash, IF Tony Pewitt, and OF Justin Jennette. Others that will contribute to the team this year will be Sophomore Jacob Voyles, Sophomore Josh Chessor, and Freshman

Derek Gossett. On the schedule this year for the Eagles will some tough opponents. From an early contest with Friendship in the Wilson Co. Tournament, Marshall Co. in the 2nd week of District play, and then an away game with Goodpasture. Also on the schedule will be the cross county rival Hickman Co. High School. "To be successful this year we must limit mistakes and forget that we are a new school. Play like we have done this before," said Coach Smith.

???????????????????????????? Does anybody know where this information came from??? .

It came from the TBCA website. www.tbca.org

Willie, This list of so called leaders has to have been generated from what the author was told, it cannot be by observation. Some of these kids named, I have never seen on a baseball field, let alone a Varsity High School field. One will learn quickly you cannot just step on a baseball field and produce, talk goes about as far as a good bunt in baseball. Dont get caught up in this. Hopefully all the players will 100% earn any position they play, and rules are abided by and enforced,that will bring sucess. Position handouts and gimmes will hurt a team bad , as we have seen in Centerville last year. Things will come to light. I hope East has a great year and forms a sound base to build a Championship team. The talent is definetly there. We should have a good variety in pitching, we will need consistant offense ( hitting), and aggressive , smart baserunning........with that we will win games.......lots of games. As for the Centerville/East talk, anybody that was around that team last year knows where the problems were. Eagles will move on to start a new book, new chapter, new story...... Let them Centerville folks talk thier trash , they know the truth too. PS. anybody heard about the JV ? Rumor has it there will not be one ???????? Please tell me this is not true...........

Willie, This list of so called leaders has to have been generated from what the author was told, it cannot be by observation. Some of these kids named, I have never seen on a baseball field, let alone a Varsity High School field. One will learn quickly you cannot just step on a baseball field and produce, talk goes about as far as a good bunt in baseball. Dont get caught up in this. Hopefully all the players will 100% earn any position they play, and rules are abided by and enforced,that will bring sucess. Position handouts and gimmes will hurt a team bad , as we have seen in Centerville last year. Things will come to light. I hope East has a great year and forms a sound base to build a Championship team. The talent is definetly there. We should have a good variety in pitching, we will need consistant offense ( hitting), and aggressive , smart baserunning........with that we will win games.......lots of games. As for the Centerville/East talk, anybody that was around that team last year knows where the problems were. Eagles will move on to start a new book, new chapter, new story...... Let them Centerville folks talk thier trash , they know the truth too. PS. anybody heard about the JV ? Rumor has it there will not be one ???????? Please tell me this is not true...........

I was referring to the quote that was made by the East Hickman Coach. I could careless what type of arguements that EH and HC get into on here. I support neither team and I haven't said the first bad word or disrespected either team. I think it is amusing to be honest. I figure when these teams meet there will be a lot of conflict. I would even say that a few batters will probably be thrown at. Just a thought. Like I said I could careless what is put on here about either team and I will not say a word about either team. So I think you directing your comments to me is out of place. You need to read all the post and direct to EH or HC people.

Middle school does tell the tale of the future, I did not know East Middle lost to Centerville ever in baseball ? Every game I seen was a routing........... Coach Harris could have ran those scores up as much as he wanted to. East may have a rough start just feeling things out, after that , depending how the young talent is developed, they should be a very strong team. Centerville would have been much stronger last year, but they had disclipline issues that i will not go into . As far as the one who was not smart enough to be on the bus in time.............. I think he is persuing his professional football career, look in the halls of Hickman county high school.............. he swims with the fishes..

OK to begin with the middle schools are lop sided because east has a much better coach than centerville... But when you get to high school east only had 3 people start and one was because Ben Batts was out due to illness more than half the season... and all are very easily replaced.. and i'm not gonna mention names on here but you aren't very bright i was referring to the other person who missed the bus!!

OK to begin with the middle schools are lop sided because east has a much better coach than centerville... But when you get to high school east only had 3 people start and one was because Ben Batts was out due to illness more than half the season... and all are very easily replaced.. and i'm not gonna mention names on here but you aren't very bright i was referring to the other person who missed the bus!!

any word on the bulldogs as far as offensively?.. and how will they stand in pitchers this year?. any predictions or stats?

east middle school has had 3 diffrent coaches the last 3 years and last year was the first time they lost to hcm

any word on the bulldogs as far as offensively?.. and how will they stand in pitchers this year?. any predictions or stats?

As long as the team stays healthy there won't be a problem offensivly.. with two starters out at a scrimmage against columbia central HC scored more than 12 runs i only hnow this because they batted around twice but no offical score was kept

As long as the team stays healthy there won't be a problem offensivly.. with two starters out at a scrimmage against columbia central HC scored more than 12 runs i only hnow this because they batted around twice but no offical score was kept

those are decent numbers. if im not mistaken CC is triple A? correct me if im wrong. 12 runs scored against any team is respectable, let alone against an AAA school.. im anxious to see how centerville turns out in their district. good luck to all 10AA teams