District 10 AA

GCBSBLL9

This coming Monday and Tuesday will be a big test for Giles County and Spring Hill. A lot is on the line for both programs, possibly a shot at that number two or three spot. What happens in this series and why?

Giles Co. has always had trouble with SH, even when GC was more talented, and this year I think the more talented team is SH. I know Spring Hill has lost some, but I think they could be the dark horse come tourney time, no matter what seed they get.

I think they will split bc the differences in the two fields are amazing. SH's field is usually fast and Sam davis is slow, so home-field advantage will cause the split I believe.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles Co. has always had trouble with SH, even when GC was more talented, and this year I think the more talented team is SH. I know Spring Hill has lost some, but I think they could be the dark horse come tourney time, no matter what seed they get.

I think they will split bc the differences in the two fields are amazing. SH's field is usually fast and Sam davis is slow, so home-field advantage will cause the split I believe.

Interesting point about the fields. With all the rain it will probably be slow and slower?

Doesn't a team have to finish in 5th or better to even get a shot to play in the District Tournament?

#2 plays #3 and #1 plays winner of #4 vs #5?

If so, that makes this upcoming series really big. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Interesting point about the fields. With all the rain it will probably be slow and slower?

Doesn't a team have to finish in 5th or better to even get a shot to play in the District Tournament?

#2 plays #3 and #1 plays winner of #4 vs #5?

If so, that makes this upcoming series really big. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Not sure...I know before everyone got in, but the 1 & 2 went directly to double-elim., while everyone else played in a single-elim. game.

With 8 teams in the district now, how will the tourney be played? I've heard bracket style with the 1st & 2nd place being two one seeds in seperate brackets, is that true?

Not sure...I know before everyone got in, but the 1 & 2 went directly to double-elim., while everyone else played in a single-elim. game.

With 8 teams in the district now, how will the tourney be played? I've heard bracket style with the 1st & 2nd place being two one seeds in seperate brackets, is that true?

There are two brackets. Number one will host one bracket with the 4th, 5th, and 8th place teams. Number two will host another bracket with the 7th, 3rd, and 6th place teams. It is double elimination. The games will be played at number one and number two's field all the way through the tournament.

There are two brackets. Number one will host one bracket with the 4th, 5th, and 8th place teams. Number two will host another bracket with the 7th, 3rd, and 6th place teams. It is double elimination. The games will be played at number one and number two's field all the way through the tournament.

Is that new for this year?

With all 8 teams getting to play that kinda cheapens the regular season district games.

Each District determines their own tournament format. Guess District 10AA wants all the "boys" to feel good about going to District Tournament. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Going to a tournament should be earned on the field.

Is that new for this year?

With all 8 teams getting to play that kinda cheapens the regular season district games.

Each District determines their own tournament format. Guess District 10AA wants all the "boys" to feel good about going to District Tournament. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Going to a tournament should be earned on the field.

Yes this is new for this year. The only real positive thing in this is being able to finish first or second. Then you get to play at your field every game. After second place it doesnt really matter where you finish you are still in it. So yes in a way it does take away from the regular season but thats just how it worked out.

Yes this is new for this year. The only real positive thing in this is being able to finish first or second. Then you get to play at your field every game. After second place it doesnt really matter where you finish you are still in it. So yes in a way it does take away from the regular season but thats just how it worked out.

Thanks for the explanation, but that's not just how it worked out.

That's how the district decided to do it and I think it cheapens the district.