MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

Miss Basket ball in singleA: should go to Courtney Dyer or Misti Maxwell. Both young ladies are seniors Both have significant achievements on the court as well as off. Heck, wish they both could get this honor. Both can make plays happen and do not have to wait to have the ball thrown to them.

Now, I think Laken is a great player. However, she is a sophomore and has ample time to receive this award. I don't think a soph. should receive this award.I know she has the numbers but I think this should be a senior honor. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Single AA: Again I think this should be a senior honor.

If folks are to be chose that aren't seniors, I would pick Lashay Davis over Kayci Pharris. Because: Lashay doesn't have to wait to be thrown the ball. She can do anything with the ball. Kayci has the heigh,t but I personally think that Lashay is more talented. Not slamming Kayci just an obervation. Also, I would pick Jennifer Maynard she scored a 1,000 points.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Ms Heady is a fine young player and part of what you say is true, however part of it is not. Jackson Co. never double teams her they play her straight up with Amy Anderson at times and Laken Leonard at other times. On the other hand Monterey has tried to double and triple team Laken in the post.

You need to take your blue colored glasses off. I've watched the games between Monterey and Jackson County and both players are being doubled. You guys have an outstanding team, but Courtney, Misti, and several of your other players make it extremely hard to double team one player.

You need to take your blue colored glasses off. I've watched the games between Monterey and Jackson County and both players are being doubled. You guys have an outstanding team, but Courtney, Misti, and several of your other players make it extremely hard to double team one player.

There are no blue colored glasses on would you care to sit down and watch some game film?? I can guarantee you that JC does not double team her there is no need to. Miss Heady is a fine young athlete and i mean no disrespect to her, but our players are as good or better so there is no need for us to double team her. You will see next friday when Monterey comes to Gainesboro, JC will not double team her unless she decides to dribble in the corner then they will trap her for sure! I agree that its almost impossible to double team Laken because of the rest of the team. If you double team her then someone (and it could be any of about 8 girls) will make you pay with a 3 especially Misti and Courtney. Don't forget about the Bowman girls either they can both knock it down!

Miss Basket ball in singleA: should go to Courtney Dyer or Misti Maxwell. Both young ladies are seniors Both have significant achievements on the court as well as off. Heck, wish they both could get this honor. Both can make plays happen and do not have to wait to have the ball thrown to them.

Now, I think Laken is a great player. However, she is a sophomore and has ample time to receive this award. I don't think a soph. should receive this award.I know she has the numbers but I think this should be a senior honor. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Single AA: Again I think this should be a senior honor.

If folks are to be chose that aren't seniors, I would pick Lashay Davis over Kayci Pharris. Because: Lashay doesn't have to wait to be thrown the ball. She can do anything with the ball. Kayci has the heigh,t but I personally think that Lashay is more talented. Not slamming Kayci just an obervation. Also, I would pick Jennifer Maynard she scored a 1,000 points.

Sorry but Lashay or Jennifer either one is not the player Kayci is. Everyone wants to knock her because they say she should be good because of her heigth. Well its a God given thing just as Lashay's ability to score and penetrate and i have seen Lashay and Jeffiner shut down twice so far this season by man to man in your face defense. NO double teaming just straight up shut down. You CANNOT shut Kayci Ferris down man to man. You have to shut her TEAM down so they cant get her the ball thats the only way she doesn't score. If SMITH CO. had a half way decent coach they would win alot more games than they do but the guy has no clue as to what to do. This award goes to the best player no matter what GRADE you are in, and her numbers speak for themselves. She IS the best PLAYER in the state on a very weak team! If they didn't have her they wouldn't win a game due mostly in part to the coach, like i said he aint got a clue! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sorry but Lashay or Jennifer either one is not the player Kayci is. Everyone wants to knock her because they say she should be good because of her heigth. Well its a God given thing just as Lashay's ability to score and penetrate and i have seen Lashay and Jeffiner shut down twice so far this season by man to man in your face defense. NO double teaming just straight up shut down. You CANNOT shut Kayci Ferris down man to man. You have to shut her TEAM down so they cant get her the ball thats the only way she doesn't score. If SMITH CO. had a half way decent coach they would win alot more games than they do but the guy has no clue as to what to do. This award goes to the best player no matter what GRADE you are in, and her numbers speak for themselves. She IS the best PLAYER in the state on a very weak team! If they didn't have her they wouldn't win a game due mostly in part to the coach, like i said he aint got a clue! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

There are girls all over this state that cannot be shut down man to man. I have seen KF look VERY GOOD, and I have seen her look VERY BAD. The difference for me is that I do not have a horse in this race.

I want to say this, without offending anyone, but unfortunately someone WILL get offended. I apologize in advance.

Did it ever occur to anyone here that if the rest of your team is somewhat (though not completely) weak, that the one person who is strong will get most of the shot attempts, and therefor most of the points?

I might add that leaving a kid in the game to get beat on, even though the game had been decided for well over a quarter, will also pad a kids stats.

The kid is good. VERY good. But she isnt walking on water. (none of these kids are)

Ferris is still the better post player and she is nationally ranked at the very top of her position with the sophomore class. I've seen the Hassell girl play and while she is a very good player, she also plays on a very good team. Kayci Ferris averages a double double and almost a triple double without ANY help! Teams put 3 people on her and she still dominates. If she was on a team that could help her just a little she could take her team to the state championship but unfortunately for her Smith Co just isn't that good anymore. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I am not arguing this point with you, but do you have a link to where I can find this ranking?

Thanks.

devilish, your grade has nothing to do with it. Miss Basketball is intended to go to the BEST overall player in the state.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> YOU DON"T SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHO WOULD"VE THOUGHT IT???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey TIDEFAN, R U from Lauderdale County??? In particular, Rogersville??

[/quote

MIDDLE TENNESSEE AREA

Thanks. I knew an Alabama Fan who went by tidefan on a website in Florence. I am a big Auburn Fan (went to graduate school at Auburn). Take care and keep posting.

Watch out for these VOLS. They can be mean sometimes. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No, to tell the truth, they really love their ball up here. Great fans and good people too, even Jackson County fans.

You can go to Unapproved Website and find her listed there. I am not from smith co i'm from Jackson Co. so its not a big deal to me just arguing the facts is all!!

NO, from your posts we would never had guessed you were from Jackson County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Shoot, as big a homer as you are I would think you owned stock in Jackson County High School.

Hey Midten, Are you going to join CoachT Plus??????????