Farragut vs. Powell

BBallFan31

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game for Binder, Watson and Carroll since Powell can really only match up with one of them. If they keep Seymore from going off, I don't see them losing. Will it be a preview of a regional matchup? Still not sold on Powell's toughness both physically and mentally. The difference maker will be the play of Hundley. Should be a good one. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm going with Farragut. Powell tries to shoot outside too much. They shot like 7/22 from behind the arc against OR.

Ill take farragut by 10. Powell shoots way to many 3's. Look for Kyle to have a big night in the post.

Powell shooting 3's is exactly why they beat Farragut last year in the first round of regions. They shot like 65%. It was outrageous. I doubt they have ever played that good before or since, but it can still happen. Farragut wins, but it will be close.

Powell shooting 3's is exactly why they beat Farragut last year in the first round of regions. They shot like 65%. It was outrageous. I doubt they have ever played that good before or since, but it can still happen. Farragut wins, but it will be close.

Powell shot that well against Maryville in the Region championship and against DB in the substate. Their deadeye shooting won both of those games. If you remember Maryville had to go to Science Hill in the substate because of this loss....

Beating Maryville was all the sweeter when they won the state tournament. I don't think many people saw that coming. Mark and those kids did an amazing job at state and were worthy champs.

We actually had an off shooting night against DB and had to really scrap to win that one. The Region Tournament last year was the best I have ever seen any team shoot the ball for three games. I think we hit 35 threes in the three games.

I won't be able to make it to the game tonight... I've got a church league game of my own to play in, but I want to wish my panthers the best of luck tonight in what should be a dog fight in Jeff Hunter gym. I just want to point out that for all the match-up problems you are alluding to for Powell on the defensive end they will have mis-matches at the offensive end too. Seymore is a tough matchup for any post player and Nick Gordan isn't a true 4...actually he's an ideal 3. It'll be tough for Farragut's bigs to match the quickness of Powell in the post (I think I don't know anything about Farragut, but you guys make it sound like they are really big inside.) And if they sit in a zone and Powell gets it going they could come out on top. Basically Powell is a team with a lot of shooters that is really fun to watch and on any given night they can beat anyone but if the shots aren't falling they are highly capable of losing to just about anyone too. Good luck to coach Ogan and the boys tonight.