best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

In Northeast Tennessee, Matt Shepherd, who has signed with Tennessee Tech, is the best pitcher in that area. He throws consistently in the high 80's and has great offspeed stuff. He has looked great in practice so far and has improved a lot since last year. I look for him to have an outstanding season.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the post from the guy from loudon... quit talkin yourself up yall are not that good.

I Heard there is a Freshman from West Carroll thats pretty good. He throws 71 - 77 and has an above average curve ball. There also is a kid from greenfeild, last name is potts. He throws 74 - 79, He should be fun to watch this year too.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously Sonny Gray

Obviously Will Clinard

Obviously Matt Ramsey

I don't know if anyone knows of him besides us Nashvillians, but Craig Stem throws some serious heat. Tall righty throws low 90s with a dirty curve and an even dirtier slider. He struggles with control, but the pro scouts are still lookin in his direction. My kids go to DCA with him and they say he's a class act as well.

Obviously Sonny Gray

Obviously Will Clinard

Obviously Matt Ramsey

I don't know if anyone knows of him besides us Nashvillians, but Craig Stem throws some serious heat. Tall righty throws low 90s with a dirty curve and an even dirtier slider. He struggles with control, but the pro scouts are still lookin in his direction. My kids go to DCA with him and they say he's a class act as well.

Yes I played with Dustin Weaver this past summer and he says that Craig is the real deal. I would love to see him pitch

throw out the best pitching you think to see this year in tennessee

Drew Tinker and Ryan Dalton from maryville.. drew is a lefty throwing low to mid 80's with his fastball having serious movement.. ryan dalton will also be a big help for maryville throwing low 80's as a side arm pitcher his movement on his fastball and huge curve ball will be deadly

Tinker throws all junk. And maybe touches 80. And his ball does not have great movement. And i have never even heard of the other guy. Matt Ramsey for Farragut obviously. Low 90's FB consistently, developed a nasty curveball and slider this summer, and change up keeps you honest. There is a real pitcher. Sonny Gray is also great. A few other from Farragut are Mac Thoreson (6-1 last year, mid 80's FB) Jordan Cooper (mid-high 80's FB, dirty slider, control issues) Chris Hatfield, Phillip Phiefer, Hunter Newby (all mid 80's and all accurate) Phieffer is the best freshman pitcher around.

Tinker throws all junk. And maybe touches 80. And his ball does not have great movement. And i have never even heard of the other guy. Matt Ramsey for Farragut obviously. Low 90's FB consistently, developed a nasty curveball and slider this summer, and change up keeps you honest. There is a real pitcher. Sonny Gray is also great. A few other from Farragut are Mac Thoreson (6-1 last year, mid 80's FB) Jordan Cooper (mid-high 80's FB, dirty slider, control issues) Chris Hatfield, Phillip Phiefer, Hunter Newby (all mid 80's and all accurate) Phieffer is the best freshman pitcher around.

ryan dalton u will be hearing this name alot this year

"A few other from Farragut are Mac Thoreson (6-1 last year, mid 80's FB) Jordan Cooper (mid-high 80's FB, dirty slider, control issues) Chris Hatfield, Phillip Phiefer, Hunter Newby (all mid 80's and all accurate) Phieffer is the best freshman pitcher around. " - Farragut University

######:

Farragut is in such pathetic shape to have to depend on scared little freshmen. I saw him last spring and he is a little butterball. He will fold like a cheap deck of cards when powerful 4AAA teams come after his pudgy self and his pudgy and lazy little farragut friends.