best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

Gage Franklin from Hardin County is just a junior and is tough and will be lights out as a senior. The change-up from this lefty is almost illegal. Nice curve and good moving fastball.

i saw this kid pitch a little last year...

Pretty decent fastball with some mean off-speed pitches.

he is definitely a pitcher who can make a hitter look foolish.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonny Gray should sue the TSSAA, which evidently stands for Tennessee Students Should Avoid Athletics, for not letting him compete in the Under Armour Showcase last summer, just because Rutherford County schools are on modified calendars and started school before the tournament began.

These new rules have taken away Fall Ball, where many kids were able to make an impression on their coach for the Spring, and eliminated most preseason scrimmages making it difficult for pitchers to get enough work in before the season starts. How crazy is it to only be allowed 4 dates in February to scrimmage? What are the chances of getting all 4 in with February weather? We're not allowed to play ball in August, September, or October, some of the best months for baseball in this part of the country, but we're expected to get ready to play in February and early March.

Am I crazy here, or are these rules just to make sure football doesn't have anyone missing because they want to play other sports? Tell me where I'm wrong here because I don't see any rhyme or reason to the new rules.

After watching Clayton Gant (USJ) beat Bartlett tonight at Bartlett, there is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the best around. Bartlett had 1 hit (I believe) which was a 2 strike, 2 out, 2 run homer by SS Wilson in the 1st inning. Gant had 13 K's and 4 walks in 7 innings. Final score was 3-2. He put on quite a show.

I saw Kerry Oakley pitch for Ensworth last night. He may be the best pitcher no one knows about. 6'4" 230lbs and just throwing the ball past kids. He had great command of the strike zone and was confident in three pitches.

Probably had ten strikeouts in four innings against an improved MLK team. I will not be surpised if he leads Ensworth to some wins against teams in his division.

I saw Kerry Oakley pitch for Ensworth last night. He may be the best pitcher no one knows about. 6'4" 230lbs and just throwing the ball past kids. He had great command of the strike zone and was confident in three pitches.

Probably had ten strikeouts in four innings against an improved MLK team. I will not be surpised if he leads Ensworth to some wins against teams in his division.

no way the best pitcher in tennessee goes to ensworth...good one

Sonny Gray should sue the TSSAA, which evidently stands for Tennessee Students Should Avoid Athletics, for not letting him compete in the Under Armour Showcase last summer, just because Rutherford County schools are on modified calendars and started school before the tournament began.

These new rules have taken away Fall Ball, where many kids were able to make an impression on their coach for the Spring, and eliminated most preseason scrimmages making it difficult for pitchers to get enough work in before the season starts. How crazy is it to only be allowed 4 dates in February to scrimmage? What are the chances of getting all 4 in with February weather? We're not allowed to play ball in August, September, or October, some of the best months for baseball in this part of the country, but we're expected to get ready to play in February and early March.

Am I crazy here, or are these rules just to make sure football doesn't have anyone missing because they want to play other sports? Tell me where I'm wrong here because I don't see any rhyme or reason to the new rules.

Sonny's curve ball is it more of a 12 to 6 or does it have some slide action? and yes i agree with ur whole post, in my view tssaa is favoring football more and more.

I know this is a high school topic but I know an eighth grade pitcher named ALEC RICHARDSON he can throw a MACH 4 fastball and a mean curveball and a knuckleball and a slider and a splitter and a jyro ball and a slurve and a cutter and a knucklecurve and a screwball and a sinker and spitball. He can also field the ball like derek jeter and hit like AROD. With the coachin wits of his cousin Caleb Dunkle for Perry County the best coach in the state of tennessee they will be tough in the future with this young nolan ryan.

Wow, if he has command of 12 different pitches, he should skip high school and go straight to the Big Show. Son, you are going to make a great politician some day... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />