Gc vs Milan

sls

Big game Tuesday nite @ Milan. Probably a bigger game for GC than for Milan. A loss puts GC back in a tie with OC, both would have 2 losses to the same teams, each other & Milan. With DB still on the GC schedule a loss to Milan & DB may mean 2nd place in the district.

On the on the hand a Milan loss would mean they would need to win out in the rest of the 13AA games to retain the 3 spot in the standings.

For GC to win:

1. must cause 15 plus turnovers with press

2. must control the boards

3. must shoot well

For Milan to win

1. break press get easy looks

2. rebound

3. keep shooting well

Both must keep key layers out of foul trouble.

May the officials go unnoticed.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May the officials go unnoticed.

Depends on who's doing the officiating. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Both games between the two have been really close but neither game was played exceptionally well by either. If GC can play Poston like they did in the first two they can win. Sls is right about a lot riding on the line for GC. They were given a gift by Milan when the beat Obion last week and they need to capitalize on it.

Gray/Butler are important to Milan/GC, as they break the press, play D, penetrate and create for themselves and others. Both are the stabilizers for their teams.

Poston can be as good as Poston wants to be, and lately she has a re-newed spirit.

Griffin is the other major factor. Without her GC becomes a lot easier to defend.

Others are role players, but each has a very important part and can not be over looked, as there output can easily determine the game.

Garner/Jennings combo vs Hamm/Joyner combo. Who will have the hot hand shooting and play the best D?

Pate vs Glenn/Simpson, wonder if they will touch each other! Who will win the scoring/rebound contest here?

I do hope the officials go unnoticed. I hope the players decide the game.

Gray/Butler are important to Milan/GC, as they break the press, play D, penetrate and create for themselves and others. Both are the stabilizers for their teams.

Poston can be as good as Poston wants to be, and lately she has a re-newed spirit.

Griffin is the other major factor. Without her GC becomes a lot easier to defend.

Others are role players, but each has a very important part and can not be over looked, as there output can easily determine the game.

Garner/Jennings combo vs Hamm/Joyner combo. Who will have the hot hand shooting and play the best D?

Pate vs Glenn/Simpson, wonder if they will touch each other! Who will win the scoring/rebound contest here?

I do hope the officials go unnoticed. I hope the players decide the game.

Well, we do know who has more experience with that being Milan. GC starts 2 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, and 1 Senior. I do think Milan has the better talent, but I think GC has the better TEAM. Should come down to who makes less mistakes and who controls the ball. Hopefully, that being Gibson Co.! Good Luck!

Maybe by grade, but I would say overall game experience, GC's group has more total games under their waistbands.

Milan has 2 sen, 3 jun and a soph and I say that because the 6 split time and most have started and not started. Gray may be the only one that has started every game.

Attitude & Effort has been an issue for Milan. It appears those issues are behind them. This group looks entirely different since the Trenton game a couple of weeks ago.

GC has some of the best coaches in the game, but they will have to adjust their game plan somewhat. And they are very capable of doing what needs to be done, just saying some of what worked before will not fly this time around.

Why do you say that? (your last sentence)

The first part I am just saying GC has a great staff of coaches. The 2nd part, the way GC has defended Milan will not work in some aspects of that defense. As in any game adjustments will need to be made.

I feel that GC will come out on top. When GC played Westview, They had four players with double digits, Pate with 15 and Griffen, Butler, and Jennings all had 14. If the whole team rebounds like they did Friday night i think GC will just have to focus on keeping thier defense up to par. But somebody talked about when milan beat OC that was a gift, i totally agree, but i think that when GC lost to OC that was a gift as well, they found out that they can be beat and they have weaknesses and they have corrected them and are ready to take it to state. All thing considered i feel it will be a great game, but being im pulling for the Lady Pioneers to take this one home. Good luck to both teams!