Gc vs Milan

sls

LOL, awesome job to Milan. I didn't get to make it to the game tonight as I had to work unfortunately. Sounds like a heck of a game! I'm glad I'm having to miss this weeks games rather than missing the tournament games.As for GC seeing Milan painting up and then running to Wal-Mart. I doubt that, the GC students were painted up at the last game as well.

That would explain them leaving the game and coming back about a lil over half way thru the girls game lolDoesnt matter either way it was still a good counter and alot of fun

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan 54, Gibson Co. 50

GC - 9 10 15 16 - 50

M - 6 15 16 17 - 54

GC - Griffin 17, Butler 15, Jennings 8, Garner 6, J. Pate 2, K. Pate 2

M - Poston 26, Gray 16, Hamm 5, Simpson 4, Glenn 2, Joyner 1

Field goals - GC 18-47 (14-36 2's, 4-11 3's); M 22-44 (22-40 2's, 0-4 3's)

Free throws - GC 10-12, M 10-18

Rebounds - M 25, GC 22

Turnovers - GC 19, M 19

Gibson county had 27 rebounds to Milans 25, Griffin 19 points, Butler 15, Jennings 8, Garner 4, J.Pate 2, K. Pate2,

At the half.. GC had 8 fouls to Milans 2....with both of these teams being pretty rough inside.. how right does that look??... GC couldn't catch a break... everytime we got close to someone a foul was called... and Milan's girls were riding our backs most of the night... but got away with it.... i'll give milan their props... they made their plays when we failed to make ours... too many turnovers... that was the key... and what about that "T" on coach McMillan????.... what was up with that... Poston was all over Griffin's back which caused Griffin to walk... but instead of calling the foul.... there was a walk called... Come on now!!!... Coach had all he could take... so he stood up for the girls... which he should have done...It was a good game... Neither team playing up to their potenial... but they will possibly meet again... Then it's on!!!!... AGAIN...

Guest nwtnsports

Thanks for the corrections! I got my scoring and stats from the radio. Seems like it was an exciting game, with great support from both crowds. Hope to see these two battle again.

Tournament type game tonight, lot of defense, good active crowd. Milan had a good 1st half in that no one was in foul trouble, and Gray made a big steal as GC was going for the last shot, put M up 21-19 @ 1/2. Butler kept GC in the game with some big 3's. Both teams could cut down the turnovers, but both defenses are pretty tough. These 2 teams can play each other several times and each team would win a fair share.

Gray did a much better job of using her talents and knowing her limitations (except for a couple of times) than last time. Also, Milan did a better job of making the right pass when breaking press.

I'll never understand totally giving up on a rebound on free throws. Especially on the front end of a 1-1...just doesn't make sense. I've seen it done before late in games when a team is way up, but not when the game is one the line. I think you would see more teams doing it if it were that effective..

Milan only put people at the FT line once against OC and won. If you think about it, it really does not matter, that much. As a team Milan is shooting about 70% from the line. Just using 10 shots a game, that would only be 3 chances to get a rebound. I would say at least 1 of those would be the front end of a 2 shot situation. That leaves only 2 chances. The good teams box out and eliminate most rebound opportunities. You might get some against weak competition, but there are reasons some teams are better than others and defensive rebounding is one of them. I think Volbert believes it is more important to have a set defense, have some time to talk to players on the side, and give them a chance to rest, and playing 6 players most of the time, not picking up silly fouls. I even noticed NC and Kansas do it occasionally.

Maybe NWTNSPORTS can give us some stats. How many times a game would Milan have a chance to get a rebound if people were on the FT line???

By the way I keep hearing you say this, what reasons besides the remote possibility of getting a rebound a game do you have? Maybe I am missing something. I agree every possesion could mean the difference in winning and losing, but weighing the pros and cons, itis about a non issue.