Oakland v. White County

MidTennFootball

How bout it swami? Do the WC guys look like state champs?? Beat a solid #8 in the state pretty handily. Aaron Puckett plays very few minutes.

Lets talk about winning this District and region first. Who knows if we look like state champs? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> There are teams out there like Ridgeway, Oak ridge, and the defending state champ Maryville that are playing awesome now as well.

Lets please take it one step at a time.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it......I really must be the Patriots's lucky charm then. I knew I should have taken off from work and headed to Sparta tonight. Sorry guys.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congrats to WC on the win. Sounds like yall are peaking at the right time.

Where was the support from Oakland? # 8 in the state and not much fan support to speak of. I think our crowd helped our guys alot. Very loud and vocal tonight.

Delaney 19 tonight, Greene 16, Mitchell 11. Outstanding job tonight by the Warriors!! Tonight was the first time I have seen a Coach King team play scared and apprehensive. Warrior defense was great and kept Oakland off balance. The Warriors control their own destiny in district play. WIN OUT & claim number 1 seed. Go Warriors!!!

Lets talk about winning this District and region first. Who knows if we look like state champs? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> There are teams out there like Ridgeway, Oak ridge, and the defending state champ Maryville that are playing awesome now as well.

85 have you watched any of those teams play? Just looking at the rankings you would think Oakland would be playing awesome ball but they didn't tonight.

You hit the nail on the head.

We definately dont need to get our horse in front of the cart.

Make sure we play every minute of every game like we're down by 5 with a minute left.

85 have you watched any of those teams play? Just looking at the rankings you would think Oakland would be playing awesome ball but they didn't tonight.

I haven't seen them play. Maryville won the state last year and has most key players back. I'm not going to question them. Have you seen them and know we're better? Don't jinx us by saying we're going to win state. Geeesh! We have to take one step at a time. We haven't clinched our own District yet.

I haven't seen them play. Maryville won the state last year and has most key players back. I'm not going to question them. Have you seen them and know we're better? Don't jinx us by saying we're going to win state. Geeesh! We have to take one step at a time. We haven't clinched our own District yet.

We all saw #8 tonight and I think I can safely say we are better atleast tonight. WC should crack the top ten next week. You're right we don't need to get cocky.

We all saw #8 tonight and I think I can safely say we are better atleast tonight. WC should crack the top ten next week. You're right we don't need to get cocky.

I do think we should be in the poll as well. We could have beaten about any team tonight, but we were at home and we shot the ball well. It will be VERY hard to shoot that well AT Lebanon in the district tourney and none of the guys have ever played AT Lawrence County{where the region is this year}. If we play defense like we did tonight we will be tough to beat. There is no place like your own goals you are use to shooting on. On to Warren co. tomorrow night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

it's payback time! white co. by atleast 10! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good call 90warrior. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lets just take it one game at a time. Lets not even mention the word STATE again. My opinion we are the best team in the district by far.But District 7 is so much like SEC Ball. Anything can happen in the tourney. We could have an upset in the first round. But I feel like we have complete determination right now. I never seen these boys play with so much poise and they really beat Oakland on every stat. We will be in the top ten next week which I don't think it matters. I want Sparta to keep focus and be on a mission.

I do think we should be in the poll as well. We could have beaten about any team tonight, but we were at home and we shot the ball well. It will be VERY hard to shoot that well AT Lebanon in the district tourney and none of the guys have ever played AT Lawrence County{where the region is this year}. If we play defense like we did tonight we will be tough to beat. There is no place like your own goals you are use to shooting on. On to Warren co. tomorrow night. Good call 90warrior. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The region is at SHELBYVILLE