Official Mr. Basketball Ballot in my hands

CoachT

I don't doubt what you say. But can he defend, rebound, etc... A tremendous offensive player who has had some big offensive games in he clutch. But not a complete player. He will indeed continue to put up big numbers at Maryville High School and likely do the same when he moves on the Maryville College or some other D III school.

As far as Seymore. I don't think he deserves the reward. I think he deserves a nomination.

Seymore shoots as well as Domron and is 6"4". Much better on the boards and a better defender at his position. Seymore will move on the play at the D I or D II level when he leaves Powell.

I really don't think Mr. Basketball is an award given to the best "prospect" in a given classification. If Seymore played @ Maryville with Douglas and Reynolds I don't think he would get too many boards. He wouldn't have to. Damron forces turnovers and plays sound defense, he's no stopper by all means. Without Jordan Damron, Maryville might have 6,7, maybe 8 losses right now. Don't be surprised if he goes D1.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like something you would have written, P & G. Or do you have a secret identity? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> No,3153 did his homework...It Was A Very Good Post!!

DeMario Williams is a very good ballplayer and femaletamle's post was a good one....BUT....A couple things he doesn't have that MJ has 1. A State Championship and 2.A Mr Basketball Award.....

Williams has been on the ballot for two years already and will be again this season...Will the voters give it to a Union City player for the third straight year??....If MJ doesn't win the award this year the award loses credibility with me...If this team was like many others and just had a couple of good players and a bunch of role players he would easily be averaging over 30 points a game....He has been the best player on the best team for two years in a row....Also when he was a sophmore,his play in the state tournament could have easily garnered him the MVP in that year instead of Marquis Weddle...I'm sure Wayne County would think so....I think the finalists will be Brown,Williams and Buckner from Manassas with MJ Brown being named the winner....I'm sure he would rather be wearing his uniform this year when he wins it,with another state title and a MVP in tow....

This coming from a guy who thinks Seymore from Powell deserves it. Get real man. Damron is the best clutch performer in East Tennessee, as well as the best big game player.

For supposedly the best big game player in East Tennessee, he was awful against Oak Ridge. He fouled out and got straight dominated by Jared Stephens. Oak Ridge is ranked #1 in the state now so that game was arguably the biggest one that Maryville played and Stephens made Damron look silly... not really what I would call clutch or a big game player. Atleast in that game.

I think the Junior from Clarkrange High School, Brandon Upchurch, should have a shot at Mr. Basketball. I am not sure what all you look for in a canidate but he has been a leader on his High School team for the last two and a half years. He has 1,500+ point in his career and shoots and average of 85% both from the free thow line and the three point line. He can also drive to the goal.

Brandon plays point guard and forward he is very versital.

Brandon averages 20 points per games, 3 assits, and 5 rebounds.

Brandon also has several awards:

Freshman MVP of the district as well as 3rd Team All-District his Freshman year and All-Upper Cumberland Freshman Team.

His Sphomore year he made 1st Team All-Distric as well as 1st Team All-Upper Cumberland.

He has severl three-point and free-throw awards as well.

His academics show him with a 3.98 which is remarkable for any athlete in any sport.

Most Single A Schools get over looked for Mr. Basketball canidates because the do not have the talent or the winning records as the AA or AAA schools have.

I would like for you to take a look at this Single A student and his records and abilities, and consider him and his achievements for this award.

Ricky Taylor from Haywood. 6'4" athletic guard. Wins in the classroom with a 3.7 GPA. Student athlete. They are who we need.

Averaging 32.6ppg and 9rpg against district play this year. Averaged 25ppg and 7rpg as a junior. Averaging 23ppg and 8rpg 4apg as a senior due to the depth of his team. All-State Guard, All-Regional, District MVP, All-District, All-District Tournament, First Team All-West Tennessee as a Junior, Jackson Sun's West Tennessee New Comer of the Year as a Sophomore

Scored a career high 46 points against Memphis Mitchell as a Junior with a victory.

The guy is not a one-dimensional player...can shoot the 3, has the best mid-range game in the state, can finish at the rim, make the smart pass and create for other teammates.

Points should not even matter for a caliber player who can do it all.

Ricky Taylor- AA MR. BASKETBALL

Ricky Taylor from Haywood. 6'4" athletic guard. Wins in the classroom with a 3.7 GPA. Student athlete. They are who we need.

Averaging 32.6ppg and 9rpg against district play this year. Averaged 25ppg and 7rpg as a junior. Averaging 23ppg and 8rpg 4apg as a senior due to the depth of his team. All-State Guard, All-Regional, District MVP, All-District, All-District Tournament, First Team All-West Tennessee as a Junior, Jackson Sun's West Tennessee New Comer of the Year as a Sophomore

Scored a career high 46 points against Memphis Mitchell as a Junior with a victory.

The guy is not a one-dimensional player...can shoot the 3, has the best mid-range game in the state, can finish at the rim, make the smart pass and create for other teammates.

Points should not even matter for a caliber player who can do it all.

Ricky Taylor- AA MR. BASKETBALL

Class AA

John Jenkins-Station Camp

Justin Blake-Dyer County

Chris Reaves-Bolivar

I think MJ Brown should win this award again due to the fact he is the best player in 1a hands down..Every sinse 2 years ago at Middleton when MJ pretty much beat them by himself..I remember posting on here "That was the night MJ Brown grew up"! Because if it wasnt for him UC would not had made to the BORRO! And he has been clicking on all cylinders every sinse..Come back the very nexy year to win MR Basketball and should had won the state title..MJ plays limited minutes in most games because Shane dosent want him to get hurt when they play the weaker teams..Just like purple said..He could easily average 30 points and more reb. ,assist, and steals a game..But u just cant risk getting a player like MJ hurt because UC will need him down the stretch..I think MJ is alot better than he was last year due to the fact he has carried UC all year with his unselfish play to get his team going..He can score when he wants to pretty much, but his goal is to keep his team focused during the big games and is able to contol the tempo in all the big games he plays in..Any 1a school that can go to one of the biggest tournments in the nation and have a player like MJ to lead his team to win the whole thing is something to be proud of..Ill bet there isnt one person on here that thought Union City would win the battle of the state and go to Popular bluff and clean house..And then go to a hostile environment in Lake Co. and hit a 28 footer with 6 sec left to beat the number 4 Falcons..MJ Brown can carry a big load on his shoulders and he has proved it night in and night out..So thats why MJ Brown should win MR. Basketball hands down..If there is anyone that wants to see him play before the end of the season i hope u will get to do so..He is the man in 1a. I forgot to mention he won MVP in both of the tournments he played in.

Well I haven't seen MJ Brown or Demario Williams play, but I figure they deserve to be finalists. But you can't give it to MJ based on his team winning state two years ago or because he won it last year. If he has played well enough this season to win it and he deserves it then fine, but he has to win it for what he has done this season and this season only.

Now I'll give you two individuals I think should win it. Both from the upper-cumberland, but neither will probably get any votes, because their is one and only one paper that votes for this. But I think Jacob Wright deserves to be a finalist, he passed the 2,000 point mark this season, He is averaging about 25 or 26 pts per game, which is one of the best avg in any division. He is the heart and soul of his team, without him the Bobcats of Pickett Co. aren't anything more than a .500 team. Now given they have lost seven game, but none of them have been lately. They've played some pretty tough competion and he deserves some credit, but he won't get any probably because he lives in the smallest county in the state, and the other canidates live in large cities.

Second I think Chase Dunn should get some recognition, at his height its amazing the numbers he has been putting up. The biggest reason why Livingston Academy has been so good this year.