Obion Co. at Dyer Co.

volman

I know OC has a very, very good team and they are loaded with talent. I am looking foward to seeing if Skylor will make any difference in this game now that she is clicking with the team. It seems as if all the girls have stepped it up over the past few games. The Lady Choctaws played OC pretty tough for three and a half quarters at OC. May be interesting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know OC has a very, very good team and they are loaded with talent. I am looking foward to seeing if Skylor will make any difference in this game now that she is clicking with the team. It seems as if all the girls have stepped it up over the past few games. The Lady Choctaws played OC pretty tough for three and a half quarters at OC. May be interesting.

Obion is without services of their most talented player (Fussell), which makes them vulnerable in this game. DC keeps improving, and this one has the making of an upset.

First off ..... Many thanks "volman" for starting a thread that focuses on the "task at hand' rather than "baskin' in the glow" of the D'burg win ! The primary focus from this point needs to be "One Opponent /Game at a time" ! Sounds so very "cliche" BUT it fits in any sport, most especially basketball at this time of year ! I FEEL LIKE SKYLOR CAN BE A "DIFFERENCE MAKER" but it WILL take an ALL OUT T E A M effort to close the regular season with what is desired (that being "W'S") !

No doubt that if she (Skylor) is a presence in the paint as she was vs D'burg (pardon any reference to the past) that the Lady Choctaws have added another dimension to their game ! I look for things to be very interesting depending on the intensity & focus brought to the court by the Lady Chocs !

This looks like a game that has upset written all over it. Dyer County is improving and is capable of a big win tonight. Without Fussell Obion is not the same team. Dyer County at home is another plus for DC. Obion's Roney is still the best player on the floor tonight and she will do whatever it takes for an Obion win.

Obion's defense wins alot of games. McGee came up big with 15 points, Roney 19. DC had a bad shooting night but give OC credit for that. I hope Roney is ok.

This looks like a game that has upset written al over it. Dyer County is improving and is capable of a big win tonight. Without Fussell Obion is not the same team. Dyer County at home is another plus for DC. Obion's Roney is still the best player on the floor tonight and she will do whatever it takes for an Obion win. But I'll go with Dyer County by 4 tonight.

Have you seen Roney play this year ?

Roney is still the leader on that team IMO. She was practically coaching them in the 4th quarter against Gibson Co. Whether she's hurt or out there on the court she's being the leader she is.

Any word on Fussell? I heard she has pneumonia! Hopefully she get's a quick recovery and will be back by tournament time.

I`ll take a good hard-fought game that the "improving" DC squad can at least learn from. Of course I want to walk away with a "W", but with them starting to jel together as a team, playing a really good team like OC can be beneficial with the platoffs right around the corner. I really think they have a shot at a win tonight, but regardless, they have to make the best of every situation.

Now to get off the soapbox, I`ve noticed the last couiple games that Skylor is really opening up the middle but not always getting the ball, they have to be alert of her under the basket. I know they will spread it out and take their 3`s and they should with the shooters they have, but working it in a liittle more will help open up the 3 shots and potenially get OC in some foul trouble because when she gets the ball down low, she WILL go to the basket.

Obion- 59 DC -36. Obion has an EXCELLENT team!!! One of their coaches may need to learn to have a little more self-restraint /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> DC did well till 4th and things fell apart. Shots were off...good effort girls!!!!!

good game.

that foul was nothing to get a tech and an ejection for.

i knew bout the time ol boy got out to halfcourt he was gone.

too bad he'll miss the next game too. and i dont think obions administration will be too happy with the 250$ fine.

someone said the person that passed out was number 21?

it was dumb for him to get a tech and as for jana, yes she did faint but im sure she will recover quickly. it's just like what happened when they played at gibson county and she fainted, just got to hot.