Britton resigns at Franklin Co?

CommonSenseMD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOD, did you find the story? I couldn't find it either. Goos luck to Coach Britton. I am sure that he will find the right spot for him really soon. Is he in the running for CC or MTCS??

It's on page 4c "2p" in the high school recruting section.

Why would he?1. Already rejected at Warren Co. (for a really STUPID reason)2. Will have to pay out-of-pocket insurance3. Will get a subpar supplement4. Will have to answer to the administration in football matters instead of the head coachWhy would he?

You sure do make some really good points, but I too would love to see him work with our O-line.

Won't happen after the Oak Ridge game and the disagreement between them on the sidelines.

As to Warren County, I am sure he would LOVE to move back to his home and Coach there.

BTW anybody got a link to the story in the Tennessean as I could NOT find it.

I get the Tennessean daily -don't read online. It is on page 4C under the Headlines of-TSU makes late drive, scores with local talent. It is some ramblings in that article-last section. Written by Jeff Lockridge.

I too would like to have been a fly on the wall of that meeting. It was a surprise to alot of people at Franklin Co.

Thanks for telling me where to look for the article. I think Coach Britton is a fine oline coach, one of the best. BUT...I think it is really tough to take on a head job with no coordinator experience , esp at the 5A level. I think this job may have been more than Coach Britton could chew in a first shot at the top. I think he would have thrived in a 1 A, 2A or 3A experience as HC and hope that he takes advantage of one of those openings. Good luck to him and to Franklin County.

I think he would be a great fit for Cannon County myself.

I had heard rumblings of this a few mths back from folk that I stay in touch with from Winchester, so this really didn't surprise me at all.

Thanks for telling me where to look for the article. I think Coach Britton is a fine oline coach, one of the best. BUT...I think it is really tough to take on a head job with no coordinator experience , esp at the 5A level. I think this job may have been more than Coach Britton could chew in a first shot at the top. I think he would have thrived in a 1 A, 2A or 3A experience as HC and hope that he takes advantage of one of those openings. Good luck to him and to Franklin County.

I had heard rumblings of this a few mths back from folk that I stay in touch with from Winchester, so this really didn't surprise me at all.

I totally agree with your thoughts. Several of us that work close to the situation looked for something to happen in Nov or Dec. Don't know why it was decided in Feb.

It will really put your players behind for spring if the new coach search drags on like Coffee County's has. If the new guy implements a different offense or defense......will make it MUCH worse too for the players and new staff to get things rolling with such a late start.

New coach could be in place within a few days. Already have someonethey are trying to come to terms with. Britton was never a good fit at FC.

I think you are totally correct! A very big jump for a O-line coach. We need someone with Head coaching experince. Who have you heard?

I think that Morris Rogers, the county AD, ought to have his shot at the job. He apparently considers himself an expert since he has been very critical of Coach Britton. His top assistant needs to be the guy from up North that Coach Britton hired. This guy has weaseled his way into the wt. room and has backstabbed more than one of his fellow assistants. My respect for Franklin Co. has dwindled down to nothing. I hope you guys get what you deserve.