most improved team across state

Dragonmaster

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some of the most improved teams across state.

If it's not Collierville, at least among the AAA schools, then I'm shocked. Didn't Collierville have just one or two wins last season and now they have 13 or 14? They may be even over .500 at this point in their win-loss percentage. Regardless, they've done a great job coming back from a tough season last year.

If they keep improving, they're going to upset somebody in district tournament play.

If it's not Collierville, at least among the AAA schools, then I'm shocked. Didn't Collierville have just one or two wins last season and now they have 13 or 14? They may be even over .500 at this point in their win-loss percentage. Regardless, they've done a great job coming back from a tough season last year.

If they keep improving, they're going to upset somebody in district tournament play.

I agree. Germantown and Memphis Overton has to come to mind too.

What are some of the most improved teams across state.

Bolivar Lady Tigers. Last year's record was 1-17. The year before was 2-19. I'm not sure about the losses, but the wins are correct for the past 2 years. The year before that the record was 20-8. This team made it to the first round in Murfreesboro. This year's record is at 15-8 and currently in 2nd place in the district. Good luck lady tigers and CONGRATS TO ALL!

One of the most improved team from last year to this year could be Gibson Co. I think we finished the season 15-11 last year. This year we stand tied atop Dist. 13AA with a 20-3 record. This year with Coach McMillan coming in and Coach Russell staying at Asst. Coach and Coach McMillan's wife, Paige, helping out we easily have the best coaching staff in the state and it is showing!

• 2 weeks later...

Lebanon Devilettes. 03-04, 04-05, and 05-06 seasons had a combined total of 10 wins. Last year, the girls had ten wins at Christmas. Second year under head coach Darrian Brown and the girls are 18-12 and just won the district 7AAA championship Monday night beating White Co., Cookeville, and defending AAA state champs Riverdale for the championship. I would call that remarkable improvements.

I can't speak for the other teams listed, but it sounds to me like those teams deserve recognition for their hard work as well.

One of the most improved team from last year to this year could be Gibson Co. I think we finished the season 15-11 last year. This year we stand tied atop Dist. 13AA with a 20-3 record. This year with Coach McMillan coming in and Coach Russell staying at Asst. Coach and Coach McMillan's wife, Paige, helping out we easily have the best coaching staff in the state and it is showing!

One year does not make the best coaching staff in the state. I think your daughter already gets to start GC...Coaches dont stop too quick!

Winning 15 games one year and winning 25 the next season....is a bit of a difference. BTW I have no kids as I'm fairly young. Coach McMillan has opened up our offense alot more and has everyone shooting including our post. Jennalee has hit 7 or 8 threes this year and is a post. If you can shoot the 3 Coach McMillan is going to let you. Our coaching staff this year HAS made a difference. Not many teams in the state will go 22-3 in the regular season starting 2 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, and 1 Senior!