Tough places to Play

Speeding2Live

Guest ridge1grbk

Dobyns Bennett, hard to play, they have more band members than most schools have students, the march of death they do before the game is intimidating, they're always good that makes it really tough

Maryville, confident, supported, loud, football is the only thing on friday nights in maryville, lots of people with or without their rebel flags, they will get you

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure Hendersonville rings a bell with most teams in Regions 4 and 5 in 5a. The team runs a wing-t, the H-ville fans are usually out in full force, and the referees mine as well go and put on a yellow and black commando jersey. I'm sure Gallatin would have had a much better chance in the playoffs if they had played the game at Gallatin High School.

[Edited by Blazeman63 on 7/12/02 5:43P]

Dodyns-Bennett is not a fun place for visiting teams to try and go play at. The place is always packed with the entire city of Kingsport, and when the band marches down to the field, lines up in the endzone, cranks up the the war hoop, and you see the entire team doing "the walk", it doesn't get much more intimidating than that. Plus, they are always good, and hardly ever lose at home.

Trojan, my congrats buddy, but we were very calm that game. If you noticed that game we only had American flags and none of us wore anything that had a confederate flag on it. None of us were quite as loud as we usually are, but we still came and you guys played a great game. I am refering mainly to teams coming to Maryville to play in the playoffs. One cornerback from Greenville was at our end of the field entirely too often and we let him know about it and it was getting to him. We got taunts from him and eventually the bird, but we all laughed and yelled more. I wasn't at the Mo-West game in the play-offs because I was out of town, but I heard that we were there in full force despite the rain. I've been to a lot of stadiums in 4A and 5A, but the loudest I have heard is Maryville. When Maryville played Red Bank I was late for the game and I could hear and understand the student section's chant from the opposite side of the field, I was all the way on Lawrence Avenue when I started hearing the chants and they only got louder as I approached. Trojan, I think you were lucky you caught the Maryville fans on an off day last year, but don't worry, we'll be back again next year. Congrats on your win last year, and your pick!

I think the questionable call the Blackman fan is thinking of was a roughing the kicker penalty that allowed the Commandos to continue a drive that led to a field goal. A couple of guys have been screaming bloody murder ever since it happened. That call certainly didn't decide the game...Hendersonville was up by a couple of touchdowns, and the Blaze mounted a good comeback on the 2nd stringers. When the starters came back in, there was still a last minute Blackman touchdown that brought it to 23-21, but the Commandos still controlled the game. Questionable calls are a part of almost every high school football game. Good teams are usually able to rise above calls that don't go their way, and Hendersonville was good enough to get past Blackman and past Gallatin twice. Hendersonville's Memorial Stadium is a tough place to play because the fans are awesome, and the Commandos hate to lose at home.

You're right, there are always going to be bad calls(or questionable calls, however you want to phrase it). Most of these guys are volunteering their time after a hard day of work at[where-ever].

Just part of the game.

But it does make it interesting conversation for fans.

Guest birdhunter

HERE IS MY LIST OF THE TOUGHEST PLACES TO PLAY IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

MOORE CO.

SOUTH PITT

WESTMORLAND

GORDONSVILLE

EZELL

PORTLAND

HARTSVILLE" THE CREEK BANK"

WHITE HOUSE

CASCADE

GALLATIN

AUSTIN EAST

ALL OF THESE PLACES HAVE LARGE FAN BASES

AND THEY KNOW HOW TO GET LOUD AND ROUDY

NO MATTER HOW BAD THESE TEAMS ARE THEY

WILL ALWAYS BE TOUGH TO BET AT HOME

I know that the stuff you said about Hendersonville is refs being fair isn't true, because my freshman year of high school we were cheated by many questionable calls in a freshman football game. The roughing the kicker call in the blackman game was one of the many blatant bad calls in that game. And if you put in the second string, then all of the starters must have been second stringers.

Guest panther09

The Tennessean had an article last year and ranked the toughest places to play last year. I forgot what #4 was but #1 Lincloln Co.'s "the Pit" #2 Troudale Co's "Creekbank" #3 Portland's "Train Tracks. I don't know much about "the Pit" but I've played at Portland's field and it's pretty tough. They have a train that goes by twice in a game and have an air horn wistle that sounds just like a train every time they do something good. I've also heard bad things about the Creekbank in Hartsville. I heard the atmosphere is electric and those people are very serious about not loosing there. There's like 7,000 people who live in the county and in a big game 7K might show up.

Two of the toughest places to play is Hartsville's "Creek Bank" and Gordonsville's "Jungle". These two schools know how to put on a show. They are located in fooball towns, they have good teams most of the time, and you can feel the elctricity in the stands at these games. Both teams have beautiful football fields and excellent stands filled with people.