Greeneeville Greene Devils Win 4rth Straight Conference Championship

DevilMan03

Trust me big daddy barb is touchy on the subject of recruting and not necessarily by what you said duncan has long been accused of recruting. Forget trying to get logic from her or trying to win an argument. I like the way she skirted your question of if she thought they win this year without short, then attacked you. I guess she thinks talented players are of no consequience to overall record but anybody that reads this board very often knows she is a devil homer, and she will defend the devils at all costs regardless of right or wrong.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either you are practicing to be a lawyer...or can not comprehend...I say a lawyer because you sure do like to argue. My original post said Greenville was fortunate to have talented transfers fall into their lap every year...that is a FACT...regardless of HOW they came by them. You said Billy D "attracted" them which is pretty vague if you ask me...and seems as though YOU are implying he recruits. My response was that they were indeed very FORTUNATE as I said in my original post since you CAN NOT recruit at the high school level. Somehow you twisted it that I said he WAS recruiting so somebody in the past must have accused him of it...but not me.

I do not live in a cave...but I do not visit the message boards very often as you can tell by the relative few posts in the number of years I have been a member. I am a retired teacher...part of which was spent at you guessed it Greenville high so I do know a little about the situation. As I said before coach Duncan is a very good coach...however he does not have a monopoly on BB knowledge and if you think that there aren't other coaches out there that would be just as successful with the talent he has had over the past ten years then I suggest you are the one living in a cave.

I hope this has cleared up my opinion on the subject...however considering your penchant for arguing it probably has not. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I believe YOU are the one who brought up "recruit" Daddikins...not me. Forgive my propensity to argue, but "fall into their lap" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> is usually bandied about by those who are constantly accusing Greeneville of recruiting....I might add, these are usualy the same ones who believe Billy D has some bizarre mind-control over officiating as well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I never meant to insinuate that YOU personally lived in a cave only that Duncan is a widely known and respected coach. My point however is that his reputation has helped his talent pool and speculating how other teams would have done with his talent is moot... they came here didn't they.Seriously, these kids didn't come to Greeneville for the cafeteria food.

Jordan Short has been an asset to the team this season and we are thrilled his family made the decision to enroll him in Greeneville High.Certainly his size has factored into the tenacious Devil D,

but Tremaine Gash has been the go to guy for Greeneville all season so I am hesitant to say how the season would have gone without him.

And yes I get very defensive about my Devils...and I'll not apologize for a spirited debate about such topics. If i come across a bit gruff, its only that I have been forced to enjoy them from home this year as I am physically unable to make it over to Hal Henard for the games.

And if you are seriously going to claim Greeneville High as a previous employer, might want to spell it correctly . Incorrect spelling isn't so good on a teacher's resume. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Trust me big daddy barb is touchy on the subject of recruting and not necessarily by what you said duncan has long been accused of recruting. Forget trying to get logic from her or trying to win an argument. I like the way she skirted your question of if she thought they win this year without short, then attacked you. I guess she thinks talented players are of no consequience to overall record but anybody that reads this board very often knows she is a devil homer, and she will defend the devils at all costs regardless of right or wrong.

You probably shouldn't speculate about what I think and explain whats wrong with being behind your team 100%...and BTW, if I'm wrong, I'm the first to admit it....maybe you should go back and read some of my posts before you put your 2 cents worth in about me.

IMAC is the worst conference in AAA and most good AA teams could come in and compete for a top 4 spot in the conference...Chuckey Doak is a lot better than years past but they still arent very good because they have not looked to good against some other good teams when i have went and watched them but still congrats on a great season and good luck in the postseason...Duncan doesnt just land transfers because of a reputation either...who wins between cchs and ghs tomorrow night?

I believe YOU are the one who brought up "recruit" Daddikins...not me. Forgive my propensity to argue, but "fall into their lap" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> is usually bandied about by those who are constantly accusing Greeneville of recruiting....I might add, these are usualy the same ones who believe Billy D has some bizarre mind-control over officiating as well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I never meant to insinuate that YOU personally lived in a cave only that Duncan is a widely known and respected coach. My point however is that his reputation has helped his talent pool and speculating how other teams would have done with his talent is moot... they came here didn't they.Seriously, these kids didn't come to Greeneville for the cafeteria food.

Jordan Short has been an asset to the team this season and we are thrilled his family made the decision to enroll him in Greeneville High.Certainly his size has factored into the tenacious Devil D,

but Tremaine Gash has been the go to guy for Greeneville all season so I am hesitant to say how the season would have gone without him.

And yes I get very defensive about my Devils...and I'll not apologize for a spirited debate about such topics. If i come across a bit gruff, its only that I have been forced to enjoy them from home this year as I am physically unable to make it over to Hal Henard for the games.

And if you are seriously going to claim Greeneville High as a previous employer, might want to spell it correctly . Incorrect spelling isn't so good on a teacher's resume. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I believe YOU are the one who brought up "recruit" Daddikins...not me. Forgive my propensity to argue, but "fall into their lap" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> is usually bandied about by those who are constantly accusing Greeneville of recruiting....I might add, these are usualy the same ones who believe Billy D has some bizarre mind-control over officiating as well

And if you are seriously going to claim Greeneville High as a previous employer, might want to spell it correctly . Incorrect spelling isn't so good on a teacher's resume.

Barb Wire I gave ya credit for being a little sharper than ye evidently are. Yea I know Greene County has an e on the end of it...but spellin, sentence structure, and punct#u%ation, ain't a big priority in my life right now. If your comprehension was good you could put two and two together and realize that I told ya I was a retired teacher of more than five years now...ain't never gonna need a resume again so I'll continue to spell it Greenville with zero consequences. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You on the other hand will never be a lawyer regardless of your propensity to argue, so I guess it must be a lack of comprehension on your part. What part of the statement "they are fortunate because you CAN NOT recruit at the high school level" that I made in my post do you not understand? God forbid you are pulling a Roger Clemens. Anyone that is that defensive MUST be guilty. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> So lighten up before you become Billy D's Andy Pettitte /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BTW Billy D only has mind-control over the officials at Hal Henard...it don't work on the road, and for what it's worth my last year at Greeneville (just for you) High was 1975. One of my more infamous students was Tank Black. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Barb Wire I gave ya credit for being a little sharper than ye evidently are. Yea I know Greene County has an e on the end of it...but spellin, sentence structure, and punct#u%ation, ain't a big priority in my life right now. If your comprehension was good you could put two and two together and realize that I told ya I was a retired teacher of more than five years now...ain't never gonna need a resume again so I'll continue to spell it Greenville with zero consequences. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You on the other hand will never be a lawyer regardless of your propensity to argue, so I guess it must be a lack of comprehension on your part. What part of the statement "they are fortunate because you CAN NOT recruit at the high school level" that I made in my post do you not understand? God forbid you are pulling a Roger Clemens. Anyone that is that defensive MUST be guilty. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> So lighten up before you become Billy D's Andy Pettitte /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BTW Billy D only has mind-control over the officials at Hal Henard...it don't work on the road, and for what it's worth my last year at Greeneville (just for you) High was 1975. One of my more infamous students was Tank Black. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Gosh I guess I need to stop calling you Daddy-o, Daddy-o....your nearly as old as I am /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Gosh I guess I need to stop calling you Daddy-o, Daddy-o....your nearly as old as I am /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Far out Barbarella...I thought you might be a beatnik...I'm an old hippy...but hey it's all groovy to me /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Far out Barbarella...I thought you might be a beatnik...I'm an old hippy...but hey it's all groovy to me /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I used to be an old hippy til I had them replaced. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It's all about the matchups!

Don't think TN High matches up well against Greeneville, as we've seen already this season.

South and West should be interesting.

DB and Cherokee both have size, DB may have more weapons.

Science Hill and Cocke County will also be interesting, but I think Science Hill has the edge.

Cocke County, IMAC Champs /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />