State predictions- teams

wosbodog

Hey everybody...haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd give my predictions on the state tournament. These are for teams only. I'm not familiar enough with everybody this year to make individual predictions. Anyway here we go.

Wosbodog's predictions:

Division I

1. Bradley

2. Brentwood High

3. Franklin

4. Cleveland

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Ooltewah

7. Overton

8. Clarksville

9. Independence

10. Greenback

Division 2

1. Father Ryan

2. Baylor

3. Christian Brothers

4. McCallie

5. Brentwood Academy

6. Montgomery Bell Academy

7. St. Benedict

8. Ensworth

9. Briarcrest

10. Memphis University School

Less than a week guys!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Individual tourny team champion should be the team that actually gets to call their team state champions at he end of the year. A lot of states dont even have state duals. When you get in college the national champion team is crowned by the NCAA tourny. just my opinion. What team has the guys that can go the distance when every team in the state has their best individuals in it.

Actually I think I've finished my predictions already. Here are my final picks for the top 20 teams, for the state individual tournament:

1. Bradley

2. Franklin

3. Brentwood

4. Cleveland

5. Ooltewah

6. Soddy Daisy

7. Independence

8. Overton

9. Clarksville

10. Greenback

11. Blackman

12. Notre Dame

13. Ravenwood

14. Tullahoma

15. Maryville

16. Red Bank

17. Greeneville

18. Cordova

19. Houston

20. Science Hill

The Individual tourny team champion should be the team that actually gets to call their team state champions at he end of the year. A lot of states dont even have state duals. When you get in college the national champion team is crowned by the NCAA tourny. just my opinion. What team has the guys that can go the distance when every team in the state has their best individuals in it.

there are pros and cons to each championship, hence why they are called different things. if you are the state dual champions, that means you are the best 14 man team in the state. If you are the individual tournament champion you have a little more talent on your team.

You can have a few talented guys and do pretty well at the tournament...seeing as having 1 champion automatically puts you past 20-30 teams. There is more to just talent to take into consideration when you can get 14 guys out and win. So i've come to the conclusion that whoever wins the duals needs to remove all doubt and win the individual tournament too /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

there are pros and cons to each championship, hence why they are called different things. if you are the state dual champions, that means you are the best 14 man team in the state. If you are the individual tournament champion you have a little more talent on your team.

You can have a few talented guys and do pretty well at the tournament...seeing as having 1 champion automatically puts you past 20-30 teams. There is more to just talent to take into consideration when you can get 14 guys out and win. So i've come to the conclusion that whoever wins the duals needs to remove all doubt and win the individual tournament too /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lol, that makes things simple.. "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate" Occam sharpens his razor.

Hey everybody...haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd give my predictions on the state tournament. These are for teams only. I'm not familiar enough with everybody this year to make individual predictions. Anyway here we go.

Wosbodog's predictions:

Division I

1. Bradley

2. Brentwood High

3. Franklin

4. Cleveland

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Ooltewah

7. Overton

8. Clarksville

9. Independence

10. Greenback

I just dont see how you can have Franklin and Brentwood Higher than Independence when IHS has clearly beaten them in regional duels and individual the last couple of weeks..... Just my thoughts...

I just dont see how you can have Franklin and Brentwood Higher than Independence when IHS has clearly beaten them in regional duels and individual the last couple of weeks..... Just my thoughts...

Dustin Ortiz (130), Ryan Konz (145), Wiley Davis (152), Ben Heacock (160), Carter McPhee (215) all placed in the state last year and will carry them in the state because they are proven at the state level. Not to mention a much improved Tucker Cathey at HWt. They have 6 guys that can generate points.

Dustin Ortiz (130), Ryan Konz (145), Wiley Davis (152), Ben Heacock (160), Carter McPhee (215) all placed in the state last year and will carry them in the state because they are proven at the state level. Not to mention a much improved Tucker Cathey at HWt. They have 6 guys that can generate points.

So.... that dosen't prove a point. If you havn't seen Independence has some good wrestlers who will do some damage at state. I did get to see them at their regional and state duels and the have a very god line up. I'm not sure on the names but here are some.

119-Chase Beazley He will make some noise at state.

125-Jake Twaddle His technique is great and he knows how to use it.

130-? But he doesn't lose by much to Dustin Ortiz

135-Seth Seneca- He will turn some heads and do very well at state.

140-Matthew Gabrail He is one of the best takedown wrestlers i have seen.

145-Brennan Cox- He is a very smart wrestler and knows how to wrestle.

152-? He wrestles smart and doesn't panic when he is in a tight spot and will come out on top.

160-Taylor Dixon He has great takedown skills and defense. His top is amazing.

Coach Grinstaff- He has proven himself time and time again this year. He has all my respect and congrads. Good Luck to you at state.

Now if my math is correct that is eight wrestlers. That two more than six so Independence should and in my thouhgts will do better than Franklin, Brentwood, and Overton. This is the statr of a new Great wrestling team.