District 11AA Tournament

oakwood

Guest thewaverytigerrock

on the point that harpeth and sycamore aren't going to win the state championship here r a list of teams i doubt they will beat:

1. CPA 26-3 they r undefeated in the state they lost to 2 teams from GA. and 1 from KY.

2. B.T. washington 23-1 they lost to mitchell which is playing teams from atlanta and st. louis.

3.dyer co. 25-1 they beat bolivar by 11

4.howard 18-2

5.anderson co. 23-4

6.unicoi co. 25-3

7.bolivar 21-4

8.livingston academy 24-4

9. fulton 19-4

10.austin east 22-5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the point that harpeth and sycamore aren't going to win the state championship here r a list of teams i doubt they will beat:

1. CPA 26-3 they r undefeated in the state they lost to 2 teams from GA. and 1 from KY.

2. B.T. washington 23-1 they lost to mitchell which is playing teams from atlanta and st. louis.

3.dyer co. 25-1 they beat bolivar by 11

4.howard 18-2

5.anderson co. 23-4

6.unicoi co. 25-3

7.bolivar 21-4

8.livingston academy 24-4

9. fulton 19-4

10.austin east 22-5

I agree with CPA they are the real deal... and will most likely win state... BUT how many of these teams have you seen play??? None probably, and I am going to have to agree with most of the other Wavo fans you dont know what you are talking about.

Creekwood over Waverly by 20

Harpeth over Sycamore by 10

waverlytigerrock you need to realize when regionals come you want your district teams to win dont be pullin against them i mean if everyone from 11aa gets slamed first round it really makes the district and your team look horrible...as far as sycamore playin their guys and pressing the whole game i saw nothing wrong with it...its pretty much called practice and waverly should be grateful for the extra pressure because obviously we need the practice against it...but sycamore played outstanding defense, waverly could not buy a shot and was doing barely good enough to hang on to the ball. but hey like a statement i made at the game, being a vandy fan like i am, i realized last night exactly how it feels to be a kentucky fan!! lol go dores.. haha...but good luck to all the 11aa teams in regionals hopefully we will be able to pull some upsets and send a team or 2 to the final round. good luck to harpeth in the championship and hopefully waverly can pull the upset against creekwood

I agree with CPA they are the real deal... and will most likely win state... BUT how many of these teams have you seen play??? None probably, and I am going to have to agree with most of the other Wavo fans you dont know what you are talking about.

Creekwood over Waverly by 20

Harpeth over Sycamore by 10

yea please dont be sayin waverly folks dont know what their talkin about...one waverly guy yea i agree with ya there but i know harpeth and sycamore and creekwood have a great shot at getting past 1st round of regionals and if sycamore plays like they did last night they could probably be able to keep close with bolivar

A few points concerning the 11AA tournament.

1. Where is everybody? The stands at CCCHS were probably half full in the semis. Less than that after Sycamore pressed all night. The student sections were not at full strength on a Friday night. For shame! Get behind your teams folks!

2. I hope it's a TSSAA stipulation rather than our own district people that aren't scheduling tournament games for Saturday night. What's up with that? Now, rather than have the 6 days rest getting ready for regions, the boys will all be playing on Tuesday night after a Friday night game and then have 3 days. Here's a clue. Doing well at regions trumps seeding at the district tournament and gives the best conditioned teams and those with a deep bench the advantage. That's important further down the line in regions and hopefully state. How many Gold Balls does our district have in the trophy case? Hmmmmm

3. I've seen Dyer County, Bolivar, Livingston Academy and CPA play in person. They aren't Liberty Tech of the past few years or Giles County and Bolivar from years past. CPA is legitimate but thin. Livingston Academy is very beatable. Dyer County and Bolivar played chunk it and go get it when I saw them in a Thanksgiving tournament at Lexington. They are very athletic but marginal shooters with the exception of the one kid from Dyer who can fill it up. They make their living off rebounds and put backs and fast breaks. Making it to state would be huge for our district at this juncture and the only team on that list that one of our teams will play before state is CPA. One of our guys has to finish in the top 2 at regions first and then face CPA's region in sectional.

Good luck to everybody in regions. First things first and take care of seeding on Tuesday, but then we all should be pulling for each other at regions.

Guest thewaverytigerrock

i wasn't saying all those teams r the best in the state i was just saying they more than likely could nock off sycamore and harpeth and waverly. if my info isn't all that reliable sorry.

Good post PapaTiger. I agree that our district can't compete with Bolivar this year or most years. I do think Harpeth, Sycamore and Creek Wood can compete with the other teams in District 12AA though. I only stayed for a little over halftime of the Waverly/Sycamore game, but really don't see what the big deal is. Sycamore only dresses 10 players and every player was rotating in. Also, Sycamore wasn't running a press, only picking up man to man at halfcourt. Waverly just couldn't handle the ball at all. Maybe if Waverly didn't come out and start pressing Sycamore in the second half they would have backed off a little. Did they think they were going to make up 50 points by pressing? Would have been nice if both teams would have settled back into zones, but Coach Froedden expects his players to play 110% all the time regardless of score. It was just one of those nights when one team was really on and the other was really off. Maybe Sycamore will be tired when they play the Indians in the championship. As for Waverly being young, it's not going to matter in regards to Sycamore or Harpeth, as both teams have young talent all the way back through the middle school. Harpeth has won 3 straight middle school TMSAA state championships.

Good post PapaTiger. I agree that our district can't compete with Bolivar this year or most years. I do think Harpeth, Sycamore and Creek Wood can compete with the other teams in District 12AA though. I only stayed for a little over halftime of the Waverly/Sycamore game, but really don't see what the big deal is. Sycamore only dresses 10 players and every player was rotating in. Also, Sycamore wasn't running a press, only picking up man to man at halfcourt. Waverly just couldn't handle the ball at all. Maybe if Waverly didn't come out and start pressing Sycamore in the second half they would have backed off a little. Did they think they were going to make up 50 points by pressing? Would have been nice if both teams would have settled back into zones, but Coach Froedden expects his players to play 110% all the time regardless of score. It was just one of those nights when one team was really on and the other was really off. Maybe Sycamore will be tired when they play the Indians in the championship. As for Waverly being young, it's not going to matter in regards to Sycamore or Harpeth, as both teams have young talent all the way back through the middle school. Harpeth has won 3 straight middle school TMSAA state championships.

Even picking up in back court is uncalled for. When you have a 50 point lead at half, a 60 point lead at the end of three, you back off. You don't make your kids stop playing, but picking up in back court is uncalled for in a game like that. Even at half court would be. And even though Waverly couldn't catch them in the second half, a press was the only way to make a try at making it looked respectable. It will come back to bite Froedden. I'll remind you when it does too.

You ask your kids all way down the bench to play hard, but you don't put them in situations that disgrace them and your community. I would be very upset if Waverly did that to someone. Back in 04-05 when they had their really good team, if they got a big lead they backed off into a regular defense.

Good luck to everyone when the regions roll around and I tend to agree the other teams don't look really impressive, they have shown flashes, but no consistency. But Bolivar on the other hand is going to be too rough to handle. Relentless to say the least.

I agree with papatiger on the way Sycamore handled things. No call for that. Put the best of Sycamore, Harpeth and any other team you want to add and 11AA will be one and done in regions as they have been for years. And, will always be that way. And, oh, I hope to be able to see Bolivar clip the War Eagles' wings, it will happen. And, I hope I'm there because they really deserve it. I normally pull for 11AA but not this year, only way would be Creek Wood, a class act, great coach, and good sports. That's my $0.02.