Region 7AA Tournament

Heather Griffin is possibly one of the best or the best post player in 13AA. She's strong, athletic, and plays hard! She runs the front of the press for Gibson Co. and causes problems all night for the opposing team. Gibson Co. is not a "one man" show as someone said. If you look at most of our scoring night in and night out you'll see Butler with 18 or 20 Griffin with 14-17 points Jenilee with 12-15 points Jeniqua with 10-13 points and Garner with a couple of points! Butler takes over the game when needed to do so! She's exactly like MJ Brown from UC. They both play team ball the whole game but when it comes time to take over they take over!

gcfan, on your comments about Cude and 97.7, you've got to realize when 97.7 pulled their station out of Trenton and moved to Jackson most of the Gibson Co. sponsors pulled their sponsor from 97.7 due to the fact that they were going to Jackson. Why would a radio station want to cover a team all year that has no sponsors going into the station. Milan does have several going towards 97.7. Robin, if you get on here and read all this, you do an awesome job on the radio! It takes alot of time and dedication to be bringing these games night after night after night to all the folks unable to attend the games especially at a distance such as Haywood. Keep it up man!!!!

Good Luck to Milan and Gibson Co. Saturday night! Show the Memphis folks that rural West TN owns girls basketball!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather Griffin is possibly one of the best or the best post player in 13AA. She's strong, athletic, and plays hard! She runs the front of the press for Gibson Co. and causes problems all night for the opposing team. Gibson Co. is not a "one man" show as someone said. If you look at most of our scoring night in and night out you'll see Butler with 18 or 20 Griffin with 14-17 points Jenilee with 12-15 points Jeniqua with 10-13 points and Garner with a couple of points! Butler takes over the game when needed to do so! She's exactly like MJ Brown from UC. They both play team ball the whole game but when it comes time to take over they take over!

gcfan, on your comments about Cude and 97.7, you've got to realize when 97.7 pulled their station out of Trenton and moved to Jackson most of the Gibson Co. sponsors pulled their sponsor from 97.7 due to the fact that they were going to Jackson. Why would a radio station want to cover a team all year that has no sponsors going into the station. Milan does have several going towards 97.7. Robin, if you get on here and read all this, you do an awesome job on the radio! It takes alot of time and dedication to be bringing these games night after night after night to all the folks unable to attend the games especially at a distance such as Haywood. Keep it up man!!!!

Good Luck to Milan and Gibson Co. Saturday night! Show the Memphis folks that rural West TN owns girls basketball!

I agree 100% he is a great announcer and does a great job. I'm just passing on the info he told me from his own mouth. I was just curious the night I called him and asked about the Gibson Co. and Peabody football game why they were not there. At the time I did not know they had moved their operations to Jackson. My point to him was if they were now a Jackson station, why broadcast a replay of a blow out game (Milan vs USJ) instead of covering a quality 7AA football game, live? Also, Trinity was playing a home game in Jackson that night as well. He did not really have an answer for that other than they are a Jackson station and he has to do what his boss tells him. I understand, becuase I have a boss too. Never questioned his ability, only wanted an answer.

I appreciate any radio station covering 13AA basketball or 7AA football. It just seems curious to me they cover most all Milan sporting events to be a Jackson based radio station??

Lets go Gibson Co. Did you enjoy that game as much as I did? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Glad you two got some enjoyment out of it lol lets just say the ride home for me and two of my classmates was quite and when we did talk it wasnt about pleasant things like decent refs or nice cops

We'll play ya again next Saturday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The gold and silver will be coming to 13AA!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the info on Gray. As far as the other comments, I'm not sure I follow your point? In 13AA if you have followed it for long, gaurd play is important and the teams she plays agaisnt are the same teams Gray plays against???? Often times double teamed too. But to answer your question could she still get it done? I think the record speaks for itself, she's done it all season! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

She and Grey are pretty comparable. At this point, Grey is a better defender, rebounder and a little tougher. Butler is a better shooter & passer. However Butler has the opportunity to be so much more. And I am all for her, she is a great kid.

As far as comparing her and Poston, she can not do what Chantell does. If she was in CP's position and was not surrounded by outstanding talent, and was double teamed and sometimes triple teamed all night, could she average 20 a night. The answer is no. Maybe later, but not now. She does not even catch the best defender on the other team, on an every night basis.

I agree 100% he is a great announcer and does a great job. I'm just passing on the info he told me from his own mouth. I was just curious the night I called him and asked about the Gibson Co. and Peabody football game why they were not there. At the time I did not know they had moved their operations to Jackson. My point to him was if they were now a Jackson station, why broadcast a replay of a blow out game (Milan vs USJ) instead of covering a quality 7AA football game, live? Also, Trinity was playing a home game in Jackson that night as well. He did not really have an answer for that other than they are a Jackson station and he has to do what his boss tells him. I understand, becuase I have a boss too. Never questioned his ability, only wanted an answer.

I appreciate any radio station covering 13AA basketball or 7AA football. It just seems curious to me they cover most all Milan sporting events to be a Jackson based radio station??

Lets go Gibson Co. Did you enjoy that game as much as I did? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The real answer is for Milan to get their own Radio Station in Milan, as was in the past. Cude needs to buy a station and move it to Milan.

We weren't yelling during the national anthem! As for the thing about the kid getting pulled out by the cops, I only heard and didn't see. One of the cops also pulled one of our kids down and straightened him out as well before the game long before Milan students got there. The cops told them to get in the stands and someone smarted off and they brought him down too.

For Butler, she's the second best player in the District behind Poston as Poston does have 2 years advantage on her. Butler COULD NOT be stopped offensively. She also had a quicker and taller Gray on her! Butler is the real deal and will lead Gibson Co. for the next 2 years! Don't forget, only 1 Senior starting this year and possibly the best Freshman class to come through Gibson Co. next year! It's going to be a great couple of years!

Second best player in the district, Don't know about that...Even unsure about Poston being the best. Shouldn't get hype for what you can do but what you DO!!! I see your from GC so your alittle bias.Butler very Good player with Good teammates. Also, other great players in district just as Good without supporting cast Yet!! AMBER RECHIS!!!!! CHASSIDY FUZZELL!!! SWAIM, REEDY!!! Just wait!!

Second best player in the district, Don't know about that...Even unsure about Poston being the best. Shouldn't get hype for what you can do but what you DO!!! I see your from GC so your alittle bias.Butler very Good player with Good teammates. Also, other great players in district just as Good without supporting cast Yet!! AMBER RECHIS!!!!! CHASSIDY FUZZELL!!! SWAIM, REEDY!!! Just wait!!

I agree.. there are a lot of great players in 13AA... don't know that we should label any of them as the Best... don't think they would want to be labeled that way... puts too much pressure on these young ladies.... They are all very athletic.. and play very hard each game... but one person can't win a game....it takes teamwork...if you have teammates that balance you out ... the teams will go further.. and that means you will get that much more recognition...there are so many young players in this region....with so much talent... that 13AA should make a statement for the next few years.....

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

GO Lady Dawgs!!!

I got a name for ya'll to watch for over the next four years after this year. Megan Porter, she played for the Jr. Pioneers (Yorkville,Spring Hill) this year and was the best Jr. High PG I saw and that was regular season and TNT tournaments. With Porter, Butler, and Griffin that will be an awfully scary trio!!!!! gcfan2, you saw her this year....what ya think, lol!

I got a name for ya'll to watch for over the next four years after this year. Megan Porter, she played for the Jr. Pioneers (Yorkville,Spring Hill) this year and was the best Jr. High PG I saw and that was regular season and TNT tournaments. With Porter, Butler, and Griffin that will be an awfully scary trio!!!!! gcfan2, you saw her this year....what ya think, lol!

I agree. She is the best PG. She also can light it up from outside if she's on. I like her attitude and coupled with the best coaches in the state...she will only get better.